Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejamill
Stranger
First Grow.
    #562211 - 06/05/11 03:05 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Hello everyone, I'm brand new to the community!  I wanna go over somethings and make sure this is totally fine for my plant.  I'm growing just a mid plant.  I'm using good ol natures soil, and I put some top-soil all organic on the top of that and mixed it up a little.

That's without the top-soil on top.  This plant is around maybe 2~3 week(s) old.  My friend gave it to me as a gift. That's why my interest in garden went up.

If someone could give me a full-list of what I need.  Remember this is my first grow.  This grow will be outside, for the full duration of growing.  It will growing outside in Florida.  I don't think its to hot for the plant esp if you can keep the shade and sun amount to the right amount.

Alright I have 6-4-6 Fert.  I havnt used any of it on it yet, because I wanna make sure that's gonna be fine with the plant and not kill it.

That's about all I have.  And i've been using filtered water room temp.  Now I just need to know what else I need.

I'm trying to go all natural, and not use any chemicals.

So if someone could please post a list of what I need and help me out that would be great! 

This plant is nothing more than some mids seed, the seed came from some bud that was floating around Florida.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBlackstatis
Stranger

Re: First Grow. [Re: jamill]
    #562226 - 06/05/11 04:43 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

you are gonna have to do the searching for yourself, its the best way to learn how to hone your technique.  my advice is to get "the bible"... or also known as jorge cervante's medical marijuana growing guide. 

good luck

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: First Grow. [Re: Blackstatis]
    #562283 - 06/05/11 10:47 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

That soil is way too compact for growing cannabis. Most soils you buy recommended for marijuana growth use a mixture of things like vermiculite, perlite, sand, etc.

Its going to take some work to get that plant to come out anywhere near where you are wanting it...Start there and if you do it I'll give you some more things you can do...But we waste time typing out long ass answers and new people post once and never respond, but start with that or your plant can't do a damn thing.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlinejamill
Stranger
Re: First Grow. [Re: mhbound]
    #562512 - 06/06/11 05:44 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks, man. I'll see what I can do. Don't have any money atm.  And nah this gonna be a regular stop for me when im on the net.  I'm not the type of person to ask a question and not be a regular on the community.

Offlinejamill
Stranger
    #562513 - 06/06/11 05:45 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

What if I was to make my own mixture of soil. Such as sand, top-soil, and so forth?  I mean that would work just as good correct?

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #562529 - 06/06/11 06:38 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yea, you could do that. There's actually a couple good threads in the soil and organics subforum that you can check out. Decent potting soil mixed with perlite is a good start...

--------------------
My best run so far

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Re: First Grow. [Re: Tank333]
    #562543 - 06/06/11 07:37 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Well, I think its safe to assume this ones going to die. If you want to grow for cheap grow in straight perlite and treat it like hydroponic..Perlite is fairly cheap and water is free but your plants are still easy to move.

Strong roots is essential without roots your plant cannot transport nutrients, stand up straight, yield jackshit, I think you get the idea. Point is, keep it simple find a nice simple soil, nothing to push your plant too hard(no nutrients is what I personally recommend for soil but I guess whatever) and give the plants enough attention, post daily or weekly pics and updates here, have us help you..Get that grow under your belt and things will fall in to place. The first grow is always the hardest, but its because people don't keep it simple, they think they need to pay too much attention to them so they overwater, overfeed etc. Give your plant EXACTLY what it would be like had it been in the wild, planted to grow. Think about what they'd need outside, give them nothing less, nothing more, we can't speed the growth up we can just manipulate it a little :wink:

Checkout some soilless mixes.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Invisibledrawde

#563625 - 06/10/11 05:23 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Nice advice mh.
But I am just wondering how you are judging the soil from that single, poor picture?

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Re: First Grow. [Re: drawde]
    #563635 - 06/10/11 06:11 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

You can just tell it looks really compacted, like a real grainy muddy soil almost...Swamp sludge type shit, doesn't drain the best.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast
    #567569 - 06/26/11 03:28 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

The plant may not die. if you want to loosen up the soil, which you need to do and are completely broke you can mix in small river stones or pebbles in order to break it up a bit and increase drainage. if there are any farms near by, start thinking about stealing a good dried out cow pie (horse works too) and mix that in. it will aerate the soil and add drainage due to all the grasses the animals ingests plus add some important nutrients that most likely aren't in your "swamp sludge" as mhbound stated lol.

if you can spare about 13 bucks i suggest rushing to your local gardening shop and grabbing a bottle of b1 and start supplementing immediately. that should bring it out of its obvious shock/stress and greatly improve its chance to live.

anyway good luck man.

OfflineScraps
Male

Loc: that shady alley
Re: First Grow. [Re: Pernicious]
    #572932 - 07/18/11 07:10 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

am i the only one who noticed the nail in the pic :rofl2:........dont think it should be there

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast
Re: First Grow. [Re: Scraps]
    #573041 - 07/18/11 06:05 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

its a screw actually :tongue: and im sure we all noticed.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck