Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinemushhead91
Truth Seeker

[UT] USU student gets draconian sentence for admitting to PAST marijuana use. * 2
    #553900 - 05/08/11 12:26 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Although this is in the "opinion" section of the website but, it did happen.

I used to live in this town before I moved to California, I'm so glad I'm out of there. Getting arrested for admitting to past marijuana use... One kids life ruined. Another one bites the dust.

Quote:

To the editor:
    As president of the Utah State University Students for Sensible Drug Policy, I am often asked, “What is a ‘sensible’ drug policy?” My most common response is always something like this: A longtime friend of mine was just sentenced to a year in jail for a marijuana possession charge. Does that sound sensible to you? I forgot to mention that he only received a possession charge because he truthfully told a cop that he had ingested marijuana two weeks prior. There were never even any drugs or paraphernalia found.
    This was a student of Utah State who had finals this week and is now spending his test time in jail, and failing his exams. Can this possibly seem sensible to anyone? Because he used sometime in December (which cannot be proven) he is now in jail for the next year. The next year for this student would have been well spent getting an education for the future. He will instead be receiving an education in how to not get caught doing what everyone else is in there for.
    I hope that everyone can seriously think critically about what the system of jailing first-time drug users is supposed to accomplish, and then ask yourself if it is working at all and if it is sensible. The more you look at prohibition, the more questions you will start to ask. It has never worked and never will. Drugs have been used in every culture since the beginning of history. You can take a drug user off the street, but another one will just replace it. Not everyone thinks the same, and where there is a demand there will always be a supply. Not the other way around.

http://news.hjnews.com/opinion/article_eba32202-7725-11e0-89a5-001cc4c002e0.html

Edited by mushhead91 (05/08/11 12:37 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: [UT] USU student gets draconian sentence for admitting to PAST marijuana use. [Re: mushhead91]
    #553901 - 05/08/11 12:33 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

:wtf: Are they even allowed to do that?

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Offlinemushhead91
Truth Seeker

Re: [UT] USU student gets draconian sentence for admitting to PAST marijuana use. [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #553902 - 05/08/11 12:35 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
:wtf: Are they even allowed to do that?

Exactly what I was thinking. This kid is going to be able to do one hell of a law suite once this all gets figured out... unfortunetly this is going to have to go far up the Justice System out of the states hands before anything will happen. Utah is just fucking brutal.

Offlinerodfarva

Loc: Sobe
Re: [UT] USU student gets draconian sentence for admitting to PAST marijuana use. [Re: mushhead91] * 1
    #553943 - 05/08/11 05:11 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Next time one of our last three presidents lands in Utah they better arrest them

--------------------

Offlinedjnoktirnal
ponderer
Male

Loc: South
Re: [UT] USU student gets draconian sentence for admitting to PAST marijuana use. [Re: rodfarva]
    #555307 - 05/13/11 07:14 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

wow....
they couldn't even get michael phelps and his buddies when the cops had pictures of him smoking a bong.

disturbing

--------------------
nothing i have said or done is real. I like to make up stories and post them on the internet. I have nothing better to do.

Offlinealienscience
Farve in training
 User Gallery

Re: [UT] USU student gets draconian sentence for admitting to PAST marijuana use. [Re: djnoktirnal]
    #555429 - 05/14/11 04:01 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

With all of the open and outward drinking/smoking that goes on in college, I think this story may have more behind it.

--------------------
Official member of MAPS

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom