Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Eight arrested in drug raid at Geneseo frat house
    #553300 - 05/05/11 03:12 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Source
Eight people have been arrested after a drug bust at a SUNY Geneseo fraternity. The drug raid happened off-campus. Police had been investigating the fraternity for awhile and late last week they went into the house and found cocaine, marijuana and even a gun. Some of them are facing felony charges, others misdemeanors. They have all made bail. News 10NBC learned today three of the fraternity members have been kicked out of the fraternity and this is not the first time Phi Sigma Zi has been in trouble with the law and the college. Some students say it's no big deal but police and SUNY Geneseo college officials are coming down hard on the fraternity. Friday, police raided the house. They arrest eight people and confiscated a gun and marijuana. Five out of the eight arrested are students. SUNY Geneseo Vice President Bob Bonfiglio says the students and the fraternity are facing discipline action. “Certainly we hold our students accountable for state law .whether it involves alcohol, whether it involves drugs.” Two years ago, this fraternity was suspended when members were indicted for hazing and other crimes. This is definitely something students are talking about on campus. Senior Tom Sochia said, “I don't think it's the biggest deal. I think you could probably bust every house off campus for the same thing.” Senior Jason Cathcart said, “I won't go as far as to say a big deal. it's kind of in the middle because I know two years ago a student died over alcohol. I feel like the fact that this happened is kind of shocking.” That student was talking about 19-year old sophomore Arman Partamian who died two years ago at a different fraternity off-campus. Police say his blood alcohol level was 5.5. Because police found cocaine and marijuana in the house, the fraternity could be deactivated temporarily or permanently. The administration is waiting for the police to complete its investigation. Meanwhile, SUNY Geneseo has hired a drug and alcohol counselor to work withstudents struggling with a drug or alcohol problems.

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFlying_Dog
Last man standing
 User Gallery

Loc: Underground
Re: Eight arrested in drug raid at Geneseo frat house [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #553313 - 05/05/11 03:49 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Guess they didn't have time to repair the front door.lol  5.5 alchol blood level? God dam thats alot! Inresting enough they post the 5 college students to ruin their lives but the 3 non students dont even get recognised.

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Re: Eight arrested in drug raid at Geneseo frat house [Re: Flying_Dog]
    #553315 - 05/05/11 03:55 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

That is kind of bullshit posting the pictures of them.

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

OfflineFlying_Dog
Last man standing
 User Gallery

Loc: Underground
Re: Eight arrested in drug raid at Geneseo frat house [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #553320 - 05/05/11 04:17 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

You know, I'd think it would be like the school shooting themselves in the foot. Makes no sense unless it was just the story writters fault. Either way the other 3 were either big boys or minors.

OfflineStickyIcky
 User Gallery

Re: Eight arrested in drug raid at Geneseo frat house [Re: Flying_Dog]
    #553332 - 05/05/11 05:08 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Hah! My buddy was there during the raid and just left from visiting me/getting burnt the fuck out all week.  He had a bag of nug in his pocket and they didnt even search him, probably because he is not part of the fraternity.  Said the staties were youngins straight out the academy handing out traffic-code-level UPM tickets (unlaw. poss. mJ) for empty baggies :rolleyes:

Jump to top Pages: 1