Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinechowdan
Stranger
 User Gallery

jobs are so scarce now days
    #552585 - 05/02/11 01:02 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

hey everyone. Well Friday was my last day at work(contract worker) and i am on the hunt for a new job(only 160 days off). I am collecting unemployment but as that can only help pay half of the bills(better than nothing). I am a very tech savy person and living in Seattle Washington. You'd think it'd be easy for me to find a job in the technology side of things. But unfortunately i have had no luck. I have walked door to door in downtown with resumes looking for ANY type of job that will pay me minimum wage. Seems everyone isn't hiring at all or they just say that to get me out of the store.

I have been trying to sell custom built computers to anyone who needs them. I hate to do this but if anyone needs a computer send me a message or if you know of any one that his hiring please let me know! I am a hard worker and will work my ass off for them.

--------------------
I am a legal patient in Washington. Everything i do and say on here is for personal gain.

- We live in a free country as long as you can follow the governments laws...-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemellowfellow

Re: jobs are so scarce now days [Re: chowdan]
    #552618 - 05/02/11 05:23 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Look for a pizza delivery job. they have a high turnover rate and you can average close to $20 an hour including tips.

--------------------

OfflineDRAGON
Doors of Perception
Male

Loc: Somewhere in the Universe
Re: jobs are so scarce now days [Re: mellowfellow]
    #552726 - 05/03/11 06:24 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Do you have a bachelors degree in the tech field?

--------------------
"I know that I know nothing"

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
Re: jobs are so scarce now days [Re: DRAGON]
    #552729 - 05/03/11 06:40 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

ive never found getting a job that hard.

you just gotta go out there, be personable, and sell yourself.

pretty easy.

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

OfflineSlave of Cthulhu
Marijuana Connoisseur
Male User Gallery

Loc: R'lyeh
    #552733 - 05/03/11 07:33 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Dude, jobs are hard to find anywhere right now... I've already done the whole resume in hand job hunt in Seattle and it didn't do shit for me. Just ended up gettin employed by a temp agency and workin temp jobs at warehouses for them. I told em I don't want any bullshit one day jobs too and to only call me for more full time positions. Took em five months but they found one for me and I've been workin it for the last two weeks. There's a good chance of gettin hired on full time too, so I'm stoked about that. Jobs suck right now but money is money so take what you can get.

--------------------

OfflineNothing Is

Re: jobs are so scarce now days [Re: Slave of Cthulhu]
    #552736 - 05/03/11 08:10 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I can find a job. It's finding a job that doesn't make me want to kill myself that's a problem.

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: jobs are so scarce now days [Re: Nothing Is]
    #552813 - 05/03/11 03:46 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Nothing Is said:
I can find a job. It's finding a job that doesn't make me want to kill myself that's a problem.

i believe i've typed those exact words in a thread in tsl about jobs before :lol:  pointless jobs are brutal.  shit sucks.  i shouldn't have skipped everyday in high school.  i had shit set up too, i was smart,  gpa left a bunch of money for me to go to school when he died, plus i made like nothing but a's and b's when i actually tried.  im a tard :nonono:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

#552825 - 05/03/11 04:54 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Do you know anything about IPv6?  That's where the next big swing of IT jobs is going to go.  People are upgrading their networks over to use IPv6 and people will be needed, might be something to look into.

The job market sucks right now bud, it took my girl 1.5 years just to land a fucking job at home depot.  My pops who has a masters from cornell can't find anything either.  It's why I'm holding onto my crappy job with an iron fist lol

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlinechowdan
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: jobs are so scarce now days [Re: coda]
    #553261 - 05/05/11 12:11 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Well its been a few days. I've handed out over 100 resumes in Kirkland, Issaquah, and Seattle. I've had one interview with Fedex down in Kirkland. It'd be a full time job working customer service from 7-3. I'll probably be declining the position even though i would take it. I can not get to Kirland before 7am since i don't own a car and the buses dont run that early. Owells.

I've been contacted by my agency and have a potential job offering with their inhouse game testing. Hopefully they dont take my interview too serious and don't have me do some stupid bullshit of "test this marker" or "show me how would you test this stapler". I am a good tester as my last contract my boss's EOA survey came back with 4.8 out of 5 stars.

Unemployment doesn't believe i am unemployed as they are asking me why did i quit my job and shit like that. I didn't quit i was laid off which i told them when i signed up. haha anyways yesterday was a beautiful day, i got to have my first solar toke of the year!!!!

I think we are goign to have a great year! Once i get a full time job ill be moving from my current place in issaquah(2 other roommates who can't clean up after themselves) to my own place down near Seattle University with my girlfriend. Ill be able to have my own little closet grow! Woot i'm excited:)

Hopefully we'll have some sun soon!

--------------------
I am a legal patient in Washington. Everything i do and say on here is for personal gain.

- We live in a free country as long as you can follow the governments laws...-

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds