Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFlying_Dog
Last man standing
 User Gallery

Loc: Underground
Superthrive experiments
    #546400 - 04/14/11 03:06 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Do to the discussions on superthrive I feel a experiment is in order.  I would like others to be active in input on the experiments and advise on how I should go about arrangeing the expirments. I don't have too much space to waste so their will be a series of them over the next couple months. I think for the first experiment I will start with unrooted cuts suspended in a water solution.  I think 16 cuts should be sufficent. There will be a control a 2 cuts in just ro water, 2 cuts in the recomended dosage of superthrive in ro water, 2 cuts in twice the dosage of superthrive in ro water, 2 cuts at 5x's the dosage, 2 cuts in 10x the dosage, 2 cuts in 20x's, 2 cuts in 30x, and 2 cuts in 50x's.  This will to be to test the effects on unrooted plants. 

The next experiments will be on rooted plants that haven't been rooted in anything but rockwool then transfered to soil. 1 cut each this time because of space limitations. With one control and 7 experiments the same as above.

The next will be identical to the above but instead of being watered they will get a foliar spray of superthrive.

Please give any advise or input on what I should change on these experiments or anything I'm overlooking.  This should be intresting to see the benefits and the levels at where toxicity starts.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Loc: New Caledonia
Re: Superthrive experiments [Re: Flying_Dog]
    #546517 - 04/14/11 09:44 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I don't like superthrive all that much even though some people swear by it I think its just a fake product that is all hyped up, but they don't even tell you what all the ingredients are yet they say there are a bunch of them on the bottle. It just seems sketchy to me but I have used it and it may have helped some clones of mine in the past but I can never really be sure.

But this sounds like a cool project dude!

--------------------
No one is free when others are oppressed

Edited by Doc (04/14/11 09:44 PM)

OfflineFlying_Dog
Last man standing
 User Gallery

Re: Superthrive experiments [Re: Doc]
    #546532 - 04/14/11 10:05 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I agree I don't even use it at all anymore. This will put that old crusty rimmed bottle to some use. Although I may just buy a fresh new bottle for this experiment because I don't know if I'm loosing active ingredients with that crust around the rim.

OfflineFlying_Dog
Last man standing
 User Gallery

#546771 - 04/15/11 06:00 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Alright my plants should be recovered enough in a week to take another round of clones for this experiment. Like I said this won't happen over night but its in the works.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #546802 - 04/15/11 08:11 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Flying_Dog said:
Do to the discussions on superthrive I feel a experiment is in order.  I would like others to be active in input on the experiments and advise on how I should go about arrangeing the expirments. I don't have too much space to waste so their will be a series of them over the next couple months. I think for the first experiment I will start with unrooted cuts suspended in a water solution.  I think 16 cuts should be sufficent. There will be a control a 2 cuts in just ro water, 2 cuts in the recomended dosage of superthrive in ro water, 2 cuts in twice the dosage of superthrive in ro water, 2 cuts at 5x's the dosage, 2 cuts in 10x the dosage, 2 cuts in 20x's, 2 cuts in 30x, and 2 cuts in 50x's.  This will to be to test the effects on unrooted plants. 

The next experiments will be on rooted plants that haven't been rooted in anything but rockwool then transfered to soil. 1 cut each this time because of space limitations. With one control and 7 experiments the same as above.

The next will be identical to the above but instead of being watered they will get a foliar spray of superthrive.

Please give any advise or input on what I should change on these experiments or anything I'm overlooking.  This should be intresting to see the benefits and the levels at where toxicity starts.

I've got to ask.
Just what the hell does any of this prove?
Other than ODing your plants with nutrients and/or vitimanes will stress, burn, and most likely kill plants.

Superthrive works well for it's intended purposes, such as deducing stress from transplanting, helping sick plants over come their illness, and everyone who grows knows B1 is good for helping in root function and growth.

I don't know many experienced growers whom follow the recommended doses on most nutrient bottles, such less over dose.

I'd never recommend using more than 1ml per gallon, and I myself never exceed 1ml per 3 gallons.

Just my two cents!

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflineFlying_Dog
Last man standing
 User Gallery

Re: Superthrive experiments [Re: Stoneth]
    #546806 - 04/15/11 08:20 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

1ml per gallon?  Thats much higher then the recommended dose. The dose is a drop per gallon. I emailed the company what they consider a drop and its a drop from a 1cc pipette. So your giving them 1 ml already? Thats alittle heavy don't you think? Considering if I remember right you get 25 drops per 1 cc pipette? I will double check so I'm not passing false info on drops per pipette. How does a hormone help a plant overcome stress? None do that to my knowledge, as you can't apply stress to a plant and expect a hormone to fix it. All the hormones do is influence its reactions not change its environment. I'm really confussed as to what you think is wrong with this experiment?
Can you please send me a link saying that plants can readily uptake b vitamins?

Edited by Flying_Dog (04/15/11 08:26 PM)

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #546824 - 04/15/11 09:06 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Extremely concentrated, Thrive Alive B-1™ is safe and easy to use for both hydroponic and soil applications, facilitating vigorous and healthy root development for both cuttings and established root systems, while protecting your plants from transplant-related shock.

From  http://www.technaflora.com/indexProduct.php?ID=108

This surprised the shit out of me, but I'll share it anyways.:lol:
According to this, I'm wrong about B1 all together.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1216/is_n5_v188/ai_12252342/

But I still stand behind my opening question "What do you intend to prove?".

By Over dosing your plants, you know the results won't be good.  And I doubt it matters what product you choose to OD them with the results will most likely be the same, NOT GOOD at all.

--------------------

OfflineFlying_Dog
Last man standing
 User Gallery

#546850 - 04/15/11 10:36 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

My intentions are to find the fine line bettween benefit and toxcity in the cannabis plant with synthetic auxins. They do work as proven by much research. These tests are only for vegatative cycles. I refuse to test on plants for consumption( flowering plants). The reason is I don't trust synthetic auxins in final product. I haven't seen anyone online conduct these types of tests so why not do them here. We all may learn something, maybe not. Thats the point of experiments.

Is there still something wrong with my experiments?

Really you need to get over the od thing. Your 1ml was way over recommended dosage and you apparently didn't have problems. Therefore maybe there is a need to understand toxicity, don't you think? Wouldn't you want to know how far you can push benefits before causeing negative effects? Maybe not? Again I'm looking for constructive critisim.

Edited by Flying_Dog (04/15/11 10:58 PM)

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #546864 - 04/15/11 11:51 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

According to the directions on the back of the bottle I have:
For active development,or resisting stress: 1/4tsp(1ml)per gallon or per 4 liters. 1 drop per small cupfull,3 ounces per 100 gallons.

Very soft plants or constant,daily,or maintenance use: One minim per gallon,one ounce per 500 gallons.

For bare root soaking:
Soak roots 15 or 30 minutes. 1/2 tsp per 5 gallons for roses and tender plants. Others: one ounce(2 tablespoons) per 5 gallons.

From  http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/citrus/msg0520013125812.html
Interesting little thread there.

And what I said was I'd never recommend over 1 ml per gallon.  I myself never use more than 1ml per 3 gallons.
Soooooooooo it would seem that I use less than the recommended dose.
But it's what ever really.
I can't wait to watch this experiment tho it'll be incomplete, if you only test in the vegging phase itself.  You'd need to flower those that survive to fully complete such an experiment honestly.

--------------------

OfflineFlying_Dog
Last man standing
 User Gallery

#546868 - 04/16/11 12:00 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

What does your bottle look like? Mine has none of that info(edit: I can't even read it anymore but I know what it said). Also according to the email I recieved totaly contradicts those dosages. Are there 2 varities? I'm going to check my bottle and that email if I can track it down. How new is your bottle? Mines 4 years old at least. Like I said I don't currently ever use it. Did they change their doseage? I'm going to contact them to see if they have changed things recently.  I have a gallon container that was super high priced back in the day(200+). It has so much crust escapeing under the lid the whole thing is coated in it.lol I can't even read the label anymore.

Edited by Flying_Dog (04/16/11 12:07 AM)

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #546871 - 04/16/11 12:07 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I wish I could read my bottle :lol:.  I'm legelly blind so I doubt reading the bottle is going to happen.  That was quoted from that site, but appears to be the same info I questioned when I first used it a couple years back.  There's some good info there tho, that maybe helpful in your experiments.  I would love to see you complete this tho.  I've just read over 50 different experiments with this product, none like the one your planning tho.

--------------------

OfflineFlying_Dog
Last man standing
 User Gallery

#546873 - 04/16/11 12:09 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

:grin: you can't read yours, mine is so incrusted that when I chipped the crystals away its all iodine colored.

OfflineFlying_Dog
Last man standing
 User Gallery

#546874 - 04/16/11 12:12 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Well I'm going to have to readjust my experiment. Probably best to start with a new bottle anyway. I will go tomorrow to pick one up. My doseages may have to completely change. No wonder you guys kept thinking I was a retard.

OfflineFlying_Dog
Last man standing
 User Gallery

#547221 - 04/16/11 04:00 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Well I have knee surgery monday so I'm going to have a week delay on the cuts maybe less depends on how mobile I will be.

OfflineFlying_Dog
Last man standing
 User Gallery

#549847 - 04/23/11 05:24 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I'm back, have to take cuts for the next round so this experiment will use my stud plants so it doesn't get in the way of progress. Starting the day after tomorrow because I'm kind of buzzed to make cuts tonight. So tomorrow will be nnext rounds cuts and if I'm still up for more it will be the start of the experiments. Things need to be modified as it is one ml per dose of super thrive. I misread the 1ml pippete thing its what they measure the dose on. As in the 1ml pippette is the dose not the pippette distrbuting the dose. I'm a retard since the painkillers but it was that and the label that says a drop per gallon had me thinking they ment something else.

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #549853 - 04/23/11 05:53 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Lol, dilaudid will do that to people:prance:

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order