Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Fuckin black ants
    #545731 - 04/12/11 05:30 PM (13 years, 10 days ago)

So, one day of nice weather, and already my house is filling up with these little fuckers.

I'll put poison outside ASAP (kinda tough with the dog) but how much of a threat are they? Just your average black ants.

What can be put in the flowering room to keep them the fuck out of plants? Just a soda-bottle trap?

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFlying_Dog
Last man standing
 User Gallery

Loc: Underground
Re: Fuckin black ants [Re: RasJeph]
    #545807 - 04/12/11 07:56 PM (13 years, 10 days ago)

Sounds like carpenter ants. I had a flying ant infestation once. They loved the sweet smell of my durban and flew straight at the buds getting themselves stuck.  Well there are people still in that town talking about that flying ant weed that was insane.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: Fuckin black ants [Re: Flying_Dog]
    #545913 - 04/13/11 05:34 AM (13 years, 10 days ago)

:lol:

Carpenter ants? Nah, they're not eating my house down...they're just normal ants. Maybe thats what they're called. After googling, that IS exactly what they look like.

I was reading around, and I guess they hate cinnamon. I'm just gonna dump a bunch of it around the girls. :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

Re: Fuckin black ants [Re: RasJeph]
    #545953 - 04/13/11 10:01 AM (13 years, 10 days ago)

aww man.. ants gross me out. 

Once I had those little 'sugar' ants in my house, and while I was away over the weekend or something they took over my grow.  I mean it was bad man, they were laying eggs in my thermometer and living in my soil, crawling all over my babies.  Finally what got rid of them was a combination of borax-based ant poison and segregation.

By segregation I mean I made sure that none of the foliage on my plants was touching eachother, or anything for that matter, not even a cord or anything.  Then I placed the pots inside of a rubbermaid container with a couple inches of soapy water (they will fucking swim without a surfactant) and then I kept the bottom of the pot out of the water with something in the middle.  With only poison on the rim of my container for them to feed on they eventually starved and died.

Anyway bud it sounds like you don't have it that bad yet, but check out the terro ant poison.. shit works pretty well, and if you see them all crowding around munching on it leave them alone cause they're gonna bring it back to the hive for further destruction.  Also pyrythium(sp) spray can create an organic 'no crawl zone' for 48-72 hours per application in dry areas... Sometimes they'll just say fuck it this place isn't worth it and move along.

Edited by DudeTron (04/13/11 10:08 AM)

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: Fuckin black ants [Re: DudeTron]
    #546017 - 04/13/11 12:16 PM (13 years, 10 days ago)

Thanks for the tips dude.

I live in a place where our "dirt" is just sand. I'm pretty sure my entire house is probably only being held up by the thousands of compacted ants that were smashed during its construction :lol:.

My whole yard is just a giant ant hill more or less, because they love the goddamn sand. They come in every year, and every year I have to rustle them out.

Just never had flowering plants when they invaded before.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds