Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

Bud tip chlorosis... Pre light-burn?
    #545208 - 04/11/11 07:32 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Here's a quick pic of my trainwreck plant which is showing some major yellowing at the tip of the main cola... At first I thought this was just that healthy light colored fresh growth, but it's starting to worry me.

This plant is the tallest, closest to the light at about 12".... this is my first grow with a 1000w and temps are good, everything was looking great, but maybe I was pushing my luck having them that close to the bulb? I've since moved my light up about another 8 inches and moved the TW plant a little bit further away from the center... here's the pic.

Any advice?  Is this evidence that even if my temps are okay that I still can't get away with a 1000w a foot from the canopy?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Bud tip chlorosis... Pre light-burn? [Re: DudeTron]
    #545224 - 04/11/11 09:50 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Edit: let me retype this when I get back that was on my phone and I shouldn't have said anything but I was wrong I see the picture now.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Edited by mhbound (04/11/11 11:06 PM)

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

Re: Bud tip chlorosis... Pre light-burn? [Re: mhbound]
    #545410 - 04/11/11 07:25 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for the input MH...  The crinkly-ness of the leaves is a little bit of a strain quality as she's always been a bit spiky like that, but surely a notable tid-bit and something Ive wondered about with other plants.

I did move the lights a little bit, but to answer you question she was about 10-12" from the light for about a week, basically stretching into it without any adjustment.

Relieving to hear that it's probably not a nute thing in your opinion.. I'll follow up with what happens...

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#545506 - 04/11/11 11:11 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

When did you feed it? Looks like a possible nitrogen problem ..I was way off when I sent the post from my phone you definitely have a nutrient problem, but its early and fixable.

Over feeding? Man I'm torn between the two until you give more info.

What and when/how are you feeding?

Edit: More info in general I see a few problems now that I can actually see. How old are they, what kind of ventilation do you have?? Etc.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Edited by mhbound (04/12/11 12:08 AM)

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

#545543 - 04/12/11 05:11 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

hmmmm....

Following a pre-flower flush, I hadn't been watering OR feeding them enough during their first week of flower so they were looking pretty hungry.
So I started a daily schedule of feed, wait, water, wait, feed, wait. This was Week 2 and started out as 1/2 strength Grow Big, full strength Tiger and Big Bloom.  I bumped the Grow up to full strength a couple days before Week 3, when the picture was taken.

I was seeing amazing growth (and stretch) during week 2 with the leaves nearest the budsites seemingly receiving the bulk of the nitrogen.
The thing is most of my plants in the same space are still not lush green throughout and look like they still have some recovery left to do.

Here's some pics just now of the TW.

After making me write this out though, I kinda feel like I'm gonna hear it's time to chill on the N, at least with this strain.  Another thing is maybe I need to not expect all the damage from their N def to recover fully... On the other hand none of the other tops seem to be having this problem so it might still be the light?

Thanks for battling this one with me MH...

Edit, almost forgot the ventilation is a 180CFM inline, passive intake.  Through the hood, through the fan, and out of the space in less than 3' no bends.  Temps ON the canopy "in the sun" 77-79F, "In the box" rootzone/shade 68-73F
Monday was day 15 of Flower,  Roughly ~9 weeks overall.  They're in 3 gal containers and I water every other day since flower.

Edited by DudeTron (04/12/11 05:20 AM)

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#545555 - 04/12/11 07:14 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

What is the pH of your soil? pH of the nutrient solution when you water?

Zinc or Mg deficiency is coming to mind both of which will get locked out of the pH is out of range as will several other important nutrients. But still some of the larger leaves appear to be lacking in nitrogen or maybe you're over watering???

My ladies(see below) are in 1 gallon pots and they only get fed and watered once per week. You may want to if you have any spare change to go pick up a soil moisture meter but feeling down in the a few inches to see if its dry works for many of us including myself. A 3 gallon pot shouldn't need water but like once per week, at the end of flowering it may need a feeding and then half way through the week a light watering to hold it over until next feeding but at this stage plants don't use a TON of water they use more in the coming weeks and the beginning of veg.

Marijuana plants love soil that isn't soaking wet one of the number one killers for new growers is over watering or too much feeding.

Your slow growth, along with the overwatered look of some of your fan leaves, along with some slight deficiencies you have going on bring me to the conclusion that you are over watering.

Over watering drowns the roots not allowing them to take in oxygen.

Personally I would flush with clean pH balanced water, flush lightly again with a quarter strength nutrient solution balanced to around 6.2-6.5, Back your light off a little, water when the pot is COMPLETELY dry this time so let it go for an entire week before you put any water or anything and next time you water feed with almost full strength go for like 3/4 strength and then once they fully recover from there give em hell with the nutrients.

I would still suggest a small fan blowing around your plants, it will help them more than you think.

Do you agree that you may be over watering? I mean every day or every other day is a heavy schedule at least right now.

A teaser:

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#545772 - 04/12/11 06:37 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Just wanted to see if you have had any success yet? I honestly am not sure I'm trying to learn here if anything.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains