Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDamion5050
Perscribing Mushrooms Is Fun
Male

What do you guys think ?
    #544923 - 04/10/11 10:27 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

What do you think of my list of things I am about to purchase..  I literally have them in my cart and about to check out..  This is stuff just for my flowering room..

DARK ROOM 2 - DR 240W (8' X 4' X 7')  $370.00

QUANTUM DIGITAL BALLAST 600 WATT    $169.95 x 2

MAGNUM XXXL 6" AIR-COOLED REFLECTOR  $179.95 x 2

GUI - RATCHET MASTER                $13.95 x 2

HYDROFARM REFLECTOR HOOKS pair      $2.45 x 2

SOLARMAX - 600 WATT HPS BULB        $68.95 x 2

VORTEX INLINE FAN 6" - 450 CFM      $161.95 x 2

Can 50 Carbon Filter w/ 6 inch flange  $218.45

AMERICAN HYDROPONICS - ECONO 2 TRAY SYSTEM WITH RESERVOIR 3' X 6' - BLACK  $550.95

--------------------
AMU - Q&A
MY GROW LOG
MY ELEMENTARY COIR TEK
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO CULTIVATE MUSHROOMS

Live well, laugh often, love much.  --  Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone.  --  Dont follow the beaten path. Go your own way and leave a trail.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What do you guys think ? [Re: Damion5050]
    #544932 - 04/10/11 11:09 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

You can build your own Carbon Filter for a lot less then that my friend.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=509470

Also I would not buy that hydro system. Seems like a rip off to me and yes I have seen them. You can buy to trays for 40-50. You can build a table for them or buy a pre made one and drill the proper fittings for about 40-80 depending on what materials. The pump only costs about 40. Also the res can be be either a big sterlite tub that hold the water weight accordingly, or you can buy a actual ebb and flow res from the hydro store for about 70-100 depending on quality.

It looks like a extra 200 comes from the labor or whatever but you are going to end up putting those parts together anyways.

Everything else is good. I personally have a opinion that GrowLabs by Homebox are the best tent out there. Even though most of the tents come from pretty much the same design I take in to account the quality of the material and stitching.

OfflineFlying_Dog
Last man standing
 User Gallery

Loc: Underground
    #544933 - 04/10/11 11:09 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Sounds perfect, thats the exact setup I use for veg except my tent is 5x5 or something like that.

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: What do you guys think ? [Re: Flying_Dog]
    #544944 - 04/10/11 11:42 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I saw an add on Craigslist about a week ago for 5 of those 3x6 trays for $100 or $25 each! The only thing wrong with em was they were HELLA nasty and dirty. I was so pissed that they wouldn't fit inside my 4x4 tent!!

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineDamion5050
Male

Re: What do you guys think ? [Re: Tank333]
    #545014 - 04/10/11 02:29 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Well that will be my flowering setup and my veg setup will be a 3x3 flood and drain system inside a 4x4 or 5x5 Dark Room..  And my veg will be running probably 400 MH or maybe 600 MH not totally sure on that yet..  One thing at a time lmao..

--------------------
AMU - Q&A
MY GROW LOG
MY ELEMENTARY COIR TEK

Live well, laugh often, love much.  --  Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone.  --  Dont follow the beaten path. Go your own way and leave a trail.

OfflineDamion5050
Male

Re: What do you guys think ? [Re: Dephect]
    #545017 - 04/10/11 02:34 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Dephect said:
You can build your own Carbon Filter for a lot less then that my friend.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=509470

Also I would not buy that hydro system. Seems like a rip off to me and yes I have seen them. You can buy to trays for 40-50. You can build a table for them or buy a pre made one and drill the proper fittings for about 40-80 depending on what materials. The pump only costs about 40. Also the res can be be either a big sterlite tub that hold the water weight accordingly, or you can buy a actual ebb and flow res from the hydro store for about 70-100 depending on quality.

It looks like a extra 200 comes from the labor or whatever but you are going to end up putting those parts together anyways.

Everything else is good. I personally have a opinion that GrowLabs by Homebox are the best tent out there. Even though most of the tents come from pretty much the same design I take in to account the quality of the material and stitching.

I been looking around the net like crazy at different tents and stuff and from all the reviews I have read they say that the Dark Rooms are #1 and the Homebox tents are # 2..  Just from what I was reading and watching on youtube, they say the Dark Rooms have less light penetration and have a better thermal film..  Like I said it is just what I have read..

--------------------
AMU - Q&A
MY GROW LOG
MY ELEMENTARY COIR TEK

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #545046 - 04/10/11 04:16 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Well I know this by experience lol. Every tent is going to have a few little tiny spots where light penetrates. Its up to you to take some duct tape and find those spots if you want. Darkrooms don't have flaps over the zippers I don't think, which Growlabs do and they velcro down. The main source of light leaks on tents is the threading and zippers. GrowLabs have super heavy construction too. Out of all the tents Ive had the GLs have the least light leaks upon arrival.

It doesn't matter though :smile: Its your garden. Jardins are a lot cheaper for sure as far as price goes, and I thought the old saying was you get what you pay for.

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #545093 - 04/10/11 07:24 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I'm definitely going to have to do something about the light leaks in my tent shortly. I bargain shopped and found one for $120 including shipping.

There's flaps over the zippers, but there's no velcro to hold the flaps down, so I'm gonna have to get some from wal-mart. I haven't done an in-depth search for leaks yet, since it won't be set up till next week sometime anyways.

Is duct tape the best fix for these tiny holes though? I would think it would wear off quickly and leave a nasty residue... i'd rather use like a black caulk or something to seal em with...

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineDamion5050
Male

#545094 - 04/10/11 07:40 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I too have seen some cheap ones..  There is one made by or for htgsupply and its a 8x4x7 and is only like 250 bucks compared to the 400 for the growlab or dark room

--------------------
AMU - Q&A
MY GROW LOG
MY ELEMENTARY COIR TEK

OfflineShotgun
45 goin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
    #545109 - 04/10/11 08:26 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Tank333 said:
I'm definitely going to have to do something about the light leaks in my tent shortly. I bargain shopped and found one for $120 including shipping.

There's flaps over the zippers, but there's no velcro to hold the flaps down, so I'm gonna have to get some from wal-mart. I haven't done an in-depth search for leaks yet, since it won't be set up till next week sometime anyways.

Is duct tape the best fix for these tiny holes though? I would think it would wear off quickly and leave a nasty residue... i'd rather use like a black caulk or something to seal em with...

well bro, let me know exactly how leaky they are. U know im gettin two of the ones u have and a 8x8x7.5

OfflineFlying_Dog
Last man standing
 User Gallery

Re: What do you guys think ? [Re: Shotgun]
    #545127 - 04/10/11 10:02 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I have a dark room ( I think need to check) and definetly a growlab. I have zero light leaks except where my fan tore the tent. Mind you its a huge fan outside the tent, one of those that stands 4 ft tall. Just caught a edge and it tore. They are hard to tear though. The velcro on the flaps on the grow lab are annoying cause they constantly drag on the knuckles on opening. Will post pics of each side by side in the dark. Also I have noticed the growlab gets alot of condensation compared to the other.

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #545150 - 04/10/11 11:07 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

The cheap ones you can buy off of Amazon are leaky as fuck. As tank stated they don't have velcro over the flaps, so if you have leaks through your zippers or those areas your fucked. I have had a few crops hermie to know that tents have to be worked upon. I have constantly found leaks. The flaps inside do not even have velcro, there are awkward vent hole positions. My first mistake was buying one of these low end tents.

I will have to test a DarkRoom further by getting a small one maybe. It really all boils down to personal preference in your instance. The velcro doesn't bother me because I see it for its extra worth and my knuckles rarely if ever touch it, I grab it with my fingers when unzipping and it seems to avoid that.. I also don't have problems with condensation but my climate is drier then most.

GrowLab and DarkRoom are certainly the two I would pick from if buying another. I currently own the GLCloneLab and the GL80L and a shitty old tent I bought from a company on eBay that I will use for drying in future operations.. I might get another GL80L to put my moms in but maybe I might try to get a DarkRoom for it just to compare and write a side by side.

:bongload:

OfflineFlying_Dog
Last man standing
 User Gallery

#545249 - 04/11/11 11:56 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Growlab in the dark....

dark room in the dark....

grow lab....

dark room...

As you can see no light leaks. However if you air cool your lights and don't have covers on your ducting light will bounce out of the ducting.

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #545255 - 04/11/11 12:09 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I was just reading up and didn't realize that Jardin upgraded to the DarkRoom II. GrowLab did the same thing right before them and that's why I got one of them. Also DarkRoom is coming out with the other turning point in my GrowLab stance, which is a propagator tent (2x3x3 w/ racks). I have one from GrowLab called the CloneLab, new to 2011 DarkRoom has a similiar tent called DP90 (hehe DP) which I might look into. I am all for the better tent and would be willing to completely switch over if the new DR is better then the new GL. 

I might actually look into a DarkRoom Intense too if I ever get the money and find a house with a basement to rent out.

https://www.aghydroponics.com/Secret-Jardin-Intense-I150-5-x-10-x-7-p/tent-int205.htm

I love the idea of modular tents.

OfflineFlying_Dog
Last man standing
 User Gallery

#545269 - 04/11/11 12:27 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Maybe its not a dark room but a jardin. Not positive it was the one that comes in a carrying bag. Personally each has its ups and downs. They are pretty much equal in my opinion. If I purchase another it will probably be growlab because of the windows.  Hard to say which I prefer, maybe I will just get another brand so I can compare all three side by side. The reason for my tents is breeding rooms, veg rooms, and mom rooms.

OfflineFlying_Dog
Last man standing
 User Gallery

#545270 - 04/11/11 12:29 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I would think light may still leak through duct tape. I'd use aluminum tape, it blocks light and is tough as shit.

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #545274 - 04/11/11 12:40 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Secret Jardin tents are DarkRooms. They do come with the carry cases.

https://www.aghydroponics.com/Dark-Rooms-s/322.htm
They were originally made for portable photo developing as in those kind of Dark Rooms but I guess they serve better use as grow tents.

I like the windows in my GL too but people call me crazy lol.

:bongload:

That is why I want a modular tent set. To be able to set it up in a large basement and have different rooms for different tasks and just make sure all my filtration and ventilation is up to date. I too want to get into breeding and don't want to be just another pollen chucker. I actually want to do a F1 cross and stabilize desired characteristics in some of my favorite strains. Grow them out over and over.

Are we hijacking? :lol:

OfflineDamion5050
Male

#545300 - 04/11/11 01:56 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

That is what I want to do is get 3 different tents.. the 4x8x7 will be for flowering..  Then I want to get a 4x4x7 for veg and like a 2x2 or 3x3 for mothers..

--------------------
AMU - Q&A
MY GROW LOG
MY ELEMENTARY COIR TEK

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds