Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinepurpin
Stranger

canna butter gone bad :(
    #491548 - 10/25/10 06:23 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

my questions is what do you if you'r butter dosnt hardened when you stick in fridge for few hrs, what do you do? i took it out and realized i used way to much water but there is still a little product floating on the top. but its mostly a watery substance and not hard like most videos show. so i took it and strained most the water just by pouring it out into milk jugs and tryn not to let most of the product go into the jugs. then i pured the product into a smaller countainer with much less water bout a finger nails depth. and im thinken bout simmering the water in ther jugs in a pan for a lil while and doin the proces  over becasue i know i used much more butter then what im coming out with. can someone please pst and help me out in here i am in dire need it would be greatly appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBen18
Drunk Derelict
Male User Gallery

Re: canna butter gone bad :( [Re: purpin]
    #491555 - 10/25/10 06:29 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

wait 24 hrs?

Offline123
Male

Re: canna butter gone bad :( [Re: Ben18]
    #491584 - 10/25/10 06:54 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I may be wrong but wouldn't this thread be more suited for the Culinary Cannabis forum?
http://www.growery.org/forums/postlist.php/Board/13

What were your procedures for making the CannaButter?

InvisibleBen18
Drunk Derelict
Male User Gallery

Re: canna butter gone bad :( [Re: 123]
    #491602 - 10/25/10 07:04 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

yes it would be much more suited for that forum

I am guessing he was looking for a quicker reply here because impatience got the best of him
:shrug:

Offlinewholesheet
Stranger
Re: canna butter gone bad :( [Re: Ben18]
    #491636 - 10/25/10 08:22 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

if u didn't rinse the leaf material off good its probley still on it..the butter will seperate from the water, if u collect it. pour boiling water over the material and squeezze squish whatever u can do. this will help seperate,,

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

Re: canna butter gone bad :( [Re: wholesheet]
    #491643 - 10/25/10 08:33 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

The butter shouldn't be burning off like that. I don't know how you fucked up that bad bro.

Tell us how you cooked it: How much bud, butter, and water.. On a pan, in a double boiler, a pot, a crock pot? Covered, uncovered? How much heat? How did you strain it?

When I make butter I just combine butter and weed in a pot that sits inside another pot that contains barely simmering water for about an hour and a half. I cook over a QP per week like this with great success.

--------------------

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom.

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: canna butter gone bad :( (moved) [Re: purpin]
    #491664 - 10/25/10 09:40 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

This thread was moved from The Smoke Lounge.

Reason:
Edibles...

Offlinepurpin
Stranger

Re: canna butter gone bad :( [Re: ChillWillis]
    #491790 - 10/26/10 12:53 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

well i used a youtube process and looked on here and couldnt really find any pics. so i went more of the this video based procedure. ill post that here and now ill tell you how i made the canna butter, i already know you guys are gonna laugh at me cuz even i know i made some pretty dumb mistakes. so i took a big pot bout a two and a half gl in volume, and took and filled it up with water then stuck another smaller bowl inside of so it would float inside with the water. then i took the ganja and put inside the small bowl with a little water and let it simmer in a boiling water bath for 30mins, i had my oven stove setting on between 9 and 8 on a electric stove then turned it down to bout 2 between 3. Then i added some butter when i started adding the butter the bowl started to get heavy and sink a little but to close for my comfort so itryed takin it out and putin it in a smaller pan so i wouldn't have to wory bout it sinken. put in doing so i burnt my finger and droped the bowl with minamal water and butter and close bud trim into the large pot with bout two gals of water. i was sitten there like ah f$%ck so i took a little bit more shake bout a half oz added to the what i already had witch was bout ten grams or half oz of close chronic trim, took out the bowl i had inside the large pot, and let that all smmer till 4:20 in the morning started the whole thing at 12:20. AT 4;20 i took it off the stove and strained the leaf out and poured all the water into a smaller pot but there was still lefter over water and like a whole nother mixture so i jus poured them into as much countainers as i had to elianate as much water volume asi could in the countainers. stuck em in the fridge till the morning when i got up and the butter wasnt harden it was still kinda floating on top of the water though , so i took a spoon scooped as much as i could of the top and started over kinda. so today though after i posted this tread i actully took the butter outta the fridege put it all back into a pot put the stove on simmer setting 3 and reheated the butter and water and jus added more butter stirred it all up the butter came to the top and i jus tryed scoopin as much as i could of the top with a spoon then poured the rest into containers. waited till today and ot all cam out pretty good i m waiten to get a camra to take pics to show the process. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUoCFJqN8OY

Offlinewholesheet
Stranger
    #491951 - 10/26/10 06:19 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

ARE U USING REAL BUTTER??

Offlinepurpin
Stranger

Re: canna butter gone bad :( [Re: wholesheet]
    #492244 - 10/27/10 02:04 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

yup but i think i bout fixed it all thats left now is too try out tomorow and make some cookies yumm. And i think i might even try to make some of them firecrackers i have been reading bout. hopefully this butter is potent cuz i used mostly chopped up buds hardly any leaf at all if at all any.

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

#492260 - 10/27/10 06:02 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Ok sounds like you went overboard in a few areas. If you do all the shit below you are gauranteed to make viable cannabutter.

Alterations to your setup

1.) you didn't need 2.5gal of water for you bottom pot, just enough so that the smaller pot containing the herb and butter will sit comfortably in it. The more snug the fit is the less you have to worry about the top pot containing the herb and butter spilling/sinking. At the same time you need to have a slight gap so that the water in the bottom pot is not sealed (like a lid on a pot of pasta or something) because this will increase the temperature too much. YOU ONLY WANT TO SIMMER NOT BOIL.

2.) Temperature is a huge deal here, if you get too hot you're going to vaporize the THC / cannabinoids that you're trying to absorb into the fat of the butter leaving you with butter that tastes like herb but contains NO THC.
- On my electric stove I let the bottom pot get to a simmer on ~4-5 (out of 9) setting without the top pot in it yet.
-Once the bottom pot of water hits a simmer I put the top pot (empty at this time) on/in the water of the bottom pot.
-It is at this time when I back the temperature down to the point where the bottom pot of water is barely at a simmer. Meaning if you turned the dial down a smidge more the water would sit still.
Note: While I'm finding this temperature I chuck my butter in the top pot so that it'll be melted when I put my herb in.

Now that we've found our stove setting that will allow the bottom pot to be on its lowest simmer WHILE the top pot is in/on it  AND the butter is melted we can dump our herb in (nugs, stems, seeds, leafs, everything).

I grind mine up as fine as possible without powderizing it. For this you can use a hand grinder, coffee grinder, or magic bullet. (Note for the last two: be VERY careful when grinding with electric devices, it is SO easy to grind them too much and lose keif in the grinder.

My ratio of herb to butter is divided into two categories, commercial and personal use and then further sub-divided into regs and danks.
Personal:
Danks: 7g per stick butter, making ~16-18 strong cookies
Regs: 14g per stick butter, making ~16 strong cookies

Commercial: (I don't use danks for sales)
Regs: 14g per stick butter, making 22 medium strength cookies aka good for anyone to eat: old, young, newbies, veterans.

Note: to counteract any butter that may get burned off I ususally add a bit less than 1/3 cup of vegetable oil per stick of butter into the top pot. Vegetable oil also has a higher fat content so it is often said vegetable oil is better for edibles than butter.
:themoreyouknow:

Cooking:

-Once you've got your bottom pot at its lowest simmering point WITH the top pot on there (perhaps with pre-melted butter in it) we can stir in our herb.
-You're going to cook the butter/herb combo for about 1.5-2hrs. The longer you go for the stoneyer/more couch-locked the end product is going to be.
-Stir the herb and butter every 10 minutes, ensuring to scrape the crap that sticks to the sides of the pot back into the mixture.

Straining:

-Once the reactants have been simmering and stirred every 10 minutes for an hour and a half to two hours you can now begin to strain into the mixing bowl you're going to cook with or the jar/bowl you're going to store the butter in.

-I pour the entire contents of the top pot through a strainer that has small enough holes that approx. 90% of the herb material cannot get through when you press strain it through your strainer.

With the material you have left on top of the stainer put it in either 1 or 2 coffee filters and squeeze it into wherever you're collecting your cannabuter. Obviously you want to try to get every drop out that you can, this stuff is liquid gold.

Feel free to cook anything you want calling for butter or oil. Use the same amount of butter/oil they call for in the recipe and you're sure to achieve a very euphoric state. Again I ususally do 1 stick of cannabutter per 16-22 cookies depending on how strong I want them to be.

Enjoy

:awebigvaped:

--------------------

Invisibledoublehelix
Bodhisativa

#497712 - 11/13/10 11:03 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

:stirthepot:  :raveface:

OfflineOregonChronic
State of Jefferson

Loc: Oregon
    #512239 - 01/09/11 12:32 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

Re: canna butter gone bad :( [Re: OregonChronic]
    #512241 - 01/09/11 12:34 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

OregonChronic said:

:fuckyou:

--------------------

OfflineOregonChronic
State of Jefferson

Re: canna butter gone bad :( [Re: ChillWillis]
    #512282 - 01/09/11 02:08 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I figured it was the most irrelevant thing i could post...:lol:

OfflineOregonChronic
State of Jefferson

#542294 - 04/01/11 09:42 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

By the looks of the name of this thread "purpin" it seems your alchemy skills are low. Or maybe your justah' boi. :lol:

:vaped:

Edited by OregonChronic (04/03/11 06:08 PM)

OfflineDorosp
Stranger
    #855197 - 01/28/22 04:18 AM (2 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

purpin said:
my questions is what do you if you'r butter dosnt hardened when you stick in fridge for few hrs, what do you do? i took it out and realized i used way to much water but there is still a little product floating on the top. but its mostly a watery substance and not hard like most videos show. so i took it and strained most the water just by pouring it out into milk jugs and tryn not to let most of the product go into the jugs. then i pured the product into a smaller countainer with much less water bout a finger nails depth. and im thinken bout simmering the water in ther jugs in a pan for a lil while and doin the proces  over becasue i know i used much more butter then what im coming out with. can someone please pst and help me out in here i am in dire need it would be greatly appreciated.

What makes you think it`s gone rotten? How long have you kept it? Quality hemp first cold-pressed oil may have a little sediment at the bottom of bottle, and that`s not an indication that it spoiled. Always keep first cold-pressed hemp oil in a dark glass bottle: never in clear ones. The bottle of oil should only be stored in a dark and cool place, preferably in the frige, and used within a month after opening. I don't really buy it anymore but make it myself, I even bought a cannabutter maker for this purpose. I actually find that homemade tastes better, advise you to try it.
oil
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (01/28/22 01:17 AM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Edited by Dorosp (01/31/22 12:24 AM)

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: canna butter gone bad :( [Re: Dorosp]
    #855198 - 01/28/22 07:12 AM (2 years, 1 month ago)

The previous comment is nearly 11 years old :doublefacepalm:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineAdustus
Stranger

Re: canna butter gone bad :( [Re: Data] * 1
    #855239 - 01/29/22 03:30 AM (2 years, 1 month ago)

Yours is more recent than that one.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals