Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinebudnectar
Planetary Citizen
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Mars
Datura
    #540577 - 03/27/11 01:22 AM (13 years, 5 days ago)

also known as Angel Trumpets. Anyone have any experience with this plant. I was warned against it in the same tone I was warned against PCP. Despite this, I had tried a minute amount of extract tipped on a cig, but I felt nothing. Please share interesting stories:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Re: Datura [Re: budnectar]
    #540599 - 03/27/11 02:20 AM (13 years, 5 days ago)

3 day trip!:drool2:

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
Re: Datura [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #540605 - 03/27/11 02:49 AM (13 years, 5 days ago)

:highasfuck:

--------------------

Invisiblewishcouldeletethis
Female User Gallery

Re: Datura *DELETED* [Re: budnectar]
    #540610 - 03/27/11 06:03 AM (13 years, 5 days ago)

Post deleted by lampshadehelmet

Reason for deletion: k

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
Re: Datura [Re: wishcouldeletethis]
    #540616 - 03/27/11 07:01 AM (13 years, 5 days ago)

Awful

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Datura [Re: still beLIEve]
    #540621 - 03/27/11 07:14 AM (13 years, 5 days ago)

I thought there was a significant number of people who died just from trying it. Maybe I'm wrong.

Everything I've read about it has pretty much been high school kids who did it, flipped shit, and spent the next week in a hospital too dehydrated and delusional to really remember anything.

I'll pass. 

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: Datura [Re: RasJeph]
    #540644 - 03/27/11 08:58 AM (13 years, 4 days ago)

A lot of people of take it end up taking to much, and many end up in the hospital.  You probably won't feel much smoking it. 

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Edited by THEBats (03/27/11 08:59 AM)

Invisibleopenmind
cannaisseur

Loc: Cannafornia
    #540811 - 03/27/11 08:11 PM (13 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

budnectar said:
also known as Angel Trumpets. Anyone have any experience with this plant. I was warned against it in the same tone I was warned against PCP. Despite this, I had tried a minute amount of extract tipped on a cig, but I felt nothing. Please share interesting stories:

Did you make the extract your self?....

As many will tell you to stay away from this plant, I highly suggest you stay away from extracts if anything!

If you haven't already, do your research and respect the plant. The concentrations of the alkaloids can vary quite a bit from plant to plant, and through out the different parts of a single specimen (roots, seeds, leafs, flowers)...

If you're seriously considering experimenting with this plant I would at least make a "standardized"  mixture of dried/crushed leaves or flowers from many different plants. That way you will have a decent amount of plant material to work with where the concentration of alkaloids is consistent. And you will be able to get an idea of how potent the mix is, rather than always having to start small to find out the potency when working with new plant material from different specimens.

I've experimented with Datura inoxia a few times, in very very small amounts. I was using it mainly for dream enhancement and the synergy it has with opiates, and occasionally some mixed into a blend with cannabis. I never ingested any orally, only smoked it which IMO is the safest approach to this plant. But there were times when I would hold a few seeds under my tongue in a sub-lingual manner for an hour or so before bed.

What ever you do, start small, very small. And work your way up slowly! I started with smoking about 1 square inche worth of dried leaf or flower. And anytime you're working with a new plant or material start out small again, because you have no idea how potent it may be, and this is where the standardized mixture comes in handy. I never smoked more than a few square inches of leaf/flower or a few seeds, as I wasn't looking to get high or fucked up from the plant, just looking for dream enhancement and synergy with other herbs/plants.

If you're looking for a "high", don't fuck with datura...I hate to recommend it but look into diphenhydramine or doxylamine succinate if your looking for a deliriant / acetylcholine-inhibitor hallucinogen to experiment with. Even that shit is sketchy and not the greatest thing to be taking, but the effects are somewhat similar to datura...The positive aspect with DPH and doxy is you at least know the exact dosage you're taking....

Be careful....very

:2cents:

:stoner:

--------------------

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
    #540814 - 03/27/11 08:25 PM (13 years, 4 days ago)

A lot of them grow next to my cousins house in the summer!
I hear you should smoke it not eat it...
Dark stuff.

--------------------

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #540823 - 03/27/11 09:23 PM (13 years, 4 days ago)

Datura is fucking crazy!

It's an extremely powerful plant IME...

Be careful man, It makes acid look like candy.\ Although they are nothing alike...

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineJesus
Average Guy with a Cool Name
Male

Loc: A Cloud in the Heavens Flag
Re: Datura [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #540828 - 03/27/11 09:46 PM (13 years, 4 days ago)

i hear its a delicious poison. dude i saw a video of a documentary in columbia on youtube and there is said to be guyz blowing the powder in peoples faces making them like zombies and ppl wake up the next morning in the bathtub all bloody with there whole house robbed with a note on there body saying u have 6 hours to get to the hospital or u will die. its like charlie and the unicorn status and get ur kidney robbed.

--------------------
:stalin: DOUBLE RAINBOW ALL THE WAYY!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI

InvisibleAcidic_Sloth
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac
Re: Datura [Re: wishcouldeletethis]
    #540846 - 03/28/11 12:03 AM (13 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

lampshadehelmet said:
Not a fun ride.

it definitely is not. very dark stuff indeed; totally not worth even thinking of trying.

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

Offlinebudnectar
Planetary Citizen

Re: Datura [Re: openmind]
    #540851 - 03/28/11 12:12 AM (13 years, 4 days ago)

Thanks for the input guys/gals!

I didn't make the extract, one of my former roommates did and he was about the closest thing I've known to a shaman- he had a cactus farm and was also the guy who inspired me to grow cannabis. From what I remember I think he diluted it with passion flower extract or something. I've never heard of DPH or Doxy but I'll give those a gander.

I'm always on the lookout for the gifts of nature, and yea I totally respect nature- be it datura, shrooms, cannabis, etc. I'm not one to be careless with the laws of nature (maybe the laws of man, lol). I'm looking for a journey, like inner-space. I want to experiment with something other than shrooms and see if there are things to learn that are explicitly in a datura delirium. People describe it as "dark," well is that just a reflection of those people's fear? or the fear of what could be learned? Will it always be dark, like a glimpse into the abyss, even though I seek a positive progression of the self?

Invisibleopenmind
cannaisseur

Loc: Cannafornia
    #540879 - 03/28/11 01:42 AM (13 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

budnectar said:
Thanks for the input guys/gals!

I didn't make the extract, one of my former roommates did and he was about the closest thing I've known to a shaman- he had a cactus farm and was also the guy who inspired me to grow cannabis. From what I remember I think he diluted it with passion flower extract or something. I've never heard of DPH or Doxy but I'll give those a gander.

I'm always on the lookout for the gifts of nature, and yea I totally respect nature- be it datura, shrooms, cannabis, etc. I'm not one to be careless with the laws of nature (maybe the laws of man, lol). I'm looking for a journey, like inner-space. I want to experiment with something other than shrooms and see if there are things to learn that are explicitly in a datura delirium. People describe it as "dark," well is that just a reflection of those people's fear? or the fear of what could be learned? Will it always be dark, like a glimpse into the abyss, even though I seek a positive progression of the self?

DPH = Diphenhydramine = Benadryl

Doxy = Doxylamine Succinate = Unisom

Out of plain ol' curiosity I've dabbled with DPH taking higher than "suggested" doses, but relatively "low" doses in the recreational aspect. 225mg of DPH is the most I've taken and is about the point where I noticed the deliriant effects to be somewhat noticeable, I won't ever take more than that my self. I say relatively low because most people take 300mg to 600mg+ when taking it for the deliriant effects. Shit's weird though, and almost impossible to stay awake with doses that high, somehow some people manage to though.

For some reason most stories of Datura and deliriants in general do tend to have "dark" tone about them :shrug: .

You sound like a smart fellow, just be careful and do your research on what ever you're going to be putting into your body. IMO all drugs are inherently harmless when used responsibly . Know your Body, Know your Mind, Know your Substance, Know your dosage, and set & setting .

*Do keep in mind, though, the alkaloids in Datura are indeed rather toxic. There's a fine line between threshold effects, overdosing, and death. Just be smart and careful

:stoner:

--------------------

Edited by openmind (03/28/11 01:46 AM)

Offlinebudnectar
Planetary Citizen

Re: Datura [Re: openmind]
    #540940 - 03/28/11 10:39 AM (13 years, 3 days ago)

Sleeping aids make me really nervous [for silly reasons I'll admit], plus I actually had a problem where I could not swallow pills for the longest time [2 grand worth of ecstasy helped that, lol]. I still don't like what pills do to the kidney/liver, no matter how hypocritical that sounds. So if I had to choose, I'd probably go with a poison-deliriant from nature over one from the Big Pharm-type.

I'd like to think I graduated from synthetics. Most of my medicine cabinet consists of cannabis :grin: The only other remaining choice is Robotussin and only under the condition that the DXM is extracted, which I am practiced and comfortable with. Matter of fact, my most intense trip ever was on DXM- compared to my trips on shrooms, lucy, salvia, dmt, rc's.

I appreciate all the info though. I may still look into these if the opportunity presents itself. Life is short and I don't mean to compromise the little we were given, but I certainly don't want to live under a rock and pass the chance for new empirical/spiritual truths.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom