Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

removing fan leaves for penetration
    #537758 - 03/17/11 11:23 PM (13 years, 15 days ago)

what do you guys think about this technique for getting more yield ,any thoughts ,experience?

--------------------
:whereismiddleman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: removing fan leaves for penetration [Re: dmtcorey]
    #537769 - 03/18/11 12:41 AM (13 years, 15 days ago)

Long as you don't over-do it it can help. The bud that will grow where the leaf was removed will be smaller then one that still has the leaf so don't remove more then you need. Look at it this way if you want your house to get more power you don't take the solar panels off of it. :wink:

OfflineBigBudz
USA Mind Controls You!
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA USA Flag
Re: removing fan leaves for penetration [Re: Magash]
    #537775 - 03/18/11 03:21 AM (13 years, 15 days ago)

Edit: removed due to the insanely rediculous advice to overdose a plant with nutes

--------------------
Art Music Music 2 Music 3

You are most likely being mind controlled if you live in the USA. The technology was discovered back in the late 1980's. You can easily see weird towers on government buildings...
http://www.cheniere.org/misc/sparkoflife.htm#mindcontrol

Edited by SpaceMonkey (03/25/11 01:57 PM)

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: removing fan leaves for penetration [Re: BigBudz]
    #537781 - 03/18/11 04:10 AM (13 years, 15 days ago)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: removing fan leaves for penetration [Re: Dephect]
    #537783 - 03/18/11 06:10 AM (13 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Ah the easy way to do that is just slightly overload the nutrients. A good overall overload will attack the fan leaves.

This is insane :rolleyes:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblewishcouldeletethis
Female User Gallery

Re: removing fan leaves for penetration [Re: BigBudz]
    #537806 - 03/18/11 08:15 AM (13 years, 15 days ago)

Please do not "overload nutes" with the intent of causing damage to your plants...its vegetative animal abuse.

I have done side by side grows where one side I trimmed fan leaves that "were in the way" and that group yielded  much less than the side left alone.

Even when removing lower branches I tend to leave the leaf sets untouched. You can simply tuck leaves which you feel are in the way so that they remain attached.

If shadowing from fan leaves is a problem, then your real problem may be overcrowding of your grow space.

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

Re: removing fan leaves for penetration [Re: wishcouldeletethis]
    #537831 - 03/18/11 09:58 AM (13 years, 14 days ago)

ya ,i was talking with a buddy about this and he highly recommended it ,i know it works good on the outdoor because i use the technique with good results and it works fine but i was a little skeptical of doing it indoors

i guess to my space is a little crowded and there was fan leaf over fan leaf so last night i had said wtf and striped the plants pretty well.

definitely way more light getting thought to were it was one shaded and now the light twinkles through to the pots and penetration seems much better

ended up taking off a 3 gallon pot packed full

--------------------

OfflineBigBudz
USA Mind Controls You!
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA USA Flag
    #537838 - 03/18/11 10:22 AM (13 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

Ah the easy way to do that is just slightly overload the nutrients. A good overall overload will attack the fan leaves.

Your a mod. That comment is inflammatory towards me. Why don't you follow your own rules.

--------------------
Art Music Music 2 Music 3

You are most likely being mind controlled if you live in the USA. The technology was discovered back in the late 1980's. You can easily see weird towers on government buildings...
http://www.cheniere.org/misc/sparkoflife.htm#mindcontrol

OfflineShroomofdoom
Menace 2 Society
Male

Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: removing fan leaves for penetration [Re: BigBudz] * 2
    #537841 - 03/18/11 11:11 AM (13 years, 14 days ago)

How was his comment inflammatory? You stated something that is wrong and he said something about it. Why the fuck would someone overload a plant with nutes when you can just trim leafs off? I think overloading nutes would hurt a plant wayy more than trimming... So yes in fact your answer is insane. Dont get so butthurt

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #537847 - 03/18/11 11:36 AM (13 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

BigBudz said:
Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

Your a mod. That comment is inflammatory towards me. Why don't you follow your own rules.

:laugh2: :rofl: :laugh2:

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Loc: Left Coast
    #537856 - 03/18/11 12:22 PM (13 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

BigBudz said:
Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

He was trying to be polite and not tell you flat out that you give shitty advice. 

Not even advice really....I think you're probably posting nonsense just to troll the forum. :mastershake:

--------------------
Shroomery.org

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#537857 - 03/18/11 12:27 PM (13 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

BigBudz said:
Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

:andyistic:

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: removing fan leaves for penetration [Re: BigBudz] * 1
    #537868 - 03/18/11 01:24 PM (13 years, 14 days ago)

Can we get a untrusted cultivator tag?

Quote:

BigBudz said:
Ah the easy way to do that is just slightly overload the nutrients. A good overall overload will attack the fan leaves. Pretty easy to do without really slowing down the plant. Actually it is kinda a cool method once the bitches are rooted is to go borderline aggressive with nutrients. Over the period of weeks, the gradual increase boosts the plants production while the slightly over aggressive behavior takes it out on the fan leaves.

I do that sometimes, you just phase in hardcore nutrients once, then go back to light nutrients as well. One good overdose if you will can do drastic changes to a plant. Hhehe.

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: removing fan leaves for penetration [Re: Dephect]
    #537872 - 03/18/11 01:39 PM (13 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Dephect said:

I second that motion!!

--------------------
My best run so far

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #537890 - 03/18/11 02:57 PM (13 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

BigBudz said:
Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

Your advise to others is pure shit and that is as nice as I can be about it.

You claim rockwool grows mold
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/537776#537776 Your most likely looking at Alge if not your spilling something on the cubes to make them mold cause they are made of expanded rock and come sterile.

You tell people to overload their plants with nutrients to make leaves die and burn off.
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/537775#537775

In this post you show you don't even know the difference between soil and soiless mix.
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/534514#534514

Nobody has figured out this one yet
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/533586#533586

You claim to be a breeder but know nothing about what it takes
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/530165#530165 and according to you this is your garden http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/532119#532119; Guess what I don't see happening there...........breeding for one :facepalm:  Oh yeah you also claim to grow with led lights.....can you guess what isn't in the picture you put up?

Ummm......apparently you haven't noticed that the prices in clubs are pretty much the same as on the street right?  No I guess not http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/518709#518709

apparently you had a 7 foot plant that you flowered at 3 feet then it grew to 6 ft? Yeah ok....
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/517844#517844

You claim the clubs want sativa
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/517651#517651
Really....You see many sativa's here http://www.goodkarmagrowers.com/menu.html compared to the amount of indica's How about here in your neck of the woods see many sativa's there...    http://harborsidehealthcenter.com/menu.html

I can ban people for putting up shit like this and for consistently putting up bad advise so ask me again if you want me to follow the rules.

I'm catching a ton of shit for not banning you yet so go ahead push the issue with me I'm dying for you to. :evil:

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #537901 - 03/18/11 03:29 PM (13 years, 14 days ago)

Gee, can you show us some evidence of what you're talking about him giving out bad advice Magash? :rofl:

That pretty much says it all I think.  I'm no expert grower, but I looked at those posts and even I can tell that he's an idiot on most of them, except for the club stuff.  Don't know much about the clubs in Cali.

BigBudz is a fucktard :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

Re: removing fan leaves for penetration [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #537906 - 03/18/11 03:45 PM (13 years, 14 days ago)

:kingcrankey:

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: removing fan leaves for penetration [Re: Tank333] * 2
    #537926 - 03/18/11 05:24 PM (13 years, 14 days ago)

LOL @ magash's reply. 

Quote:

Tank333 said:
Quote:

Dephect said:

I second that motion!!

FYI, the mods have a thread dedicated to posting and quoting bad advice and there are some names in there of people that we watch.  While an untrusted cultivator tag sounds good, im not sure that would be a good thing.  :shrug:

If anyone sees advice being given out that they feel would do more harm than good then just pm a mod.  If the mod isn't sure about it we can discuss in that thread mentioned above.  The whole intent of this website is to get it right.  We realize that there are many many ways and techniques to do things so it can be tricky to tell if something would be good or not.  flag one of us down. 

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: removing fan leaves for penetration [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #537991 - 03/18/11 11:14 PM (13 years, 14 days ago)

I'm more of a lurker in the cult forums than a poster, so my opinion probably doesn't matter much, but I don't think there should be an untrusted cult tag. If ya'll already have the thread and are keeping eyes on people, just role with that I think.  I'm not sure who's responsible for for handing out the tags, I'm assuming mods, but say a couple people get into it and one of them is a mod and is just like fuck you, you're an untrusted cultivator now and maybe the disagreement didn't even stem from anything to do with cultivating.  Maybe some bullshit in the dome or tsl.  Not saying that would happen or that any mods here would do that, but just trying to look at the angles:justdontknow:

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: removing fan leaves for penetration [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #538018 - 03/19/11 12:32 AM (13 years, 14 days ago)

We'll never have untrusted cult tags here.  IMO.  We just need to be vigilant and active in the cult forums to point out and refute bad information and advice.  I think all the mods and admin can make give and take away a cult tag.  However, there is no list (that I know of) of all people who have received that tag.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies