Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
RAEG
    #533477 - 03/05/11 08:53 AM (13 years, 26 days ago)

Conservatives piss me off.

:kingcrankey:

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledrawde

Re: RAEG [Re: Thebooedocksaint] * 1
    #533480 - 03/05/11 09:11 AM (13 years, 26 days ago)

Indeed.

But I think it is important to mention... to me the original meanings of liberal and conservative have been lost. The people you are referring to are probably worlds apart from a true conservative.  I think at its core conservative means "I care not what you do, so long as you do not meddle in my business and life". The "battle" between the left and right has become a joke and I think just a rouse. Divide and conquer.

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: RAEG [Re: drawde]
    #533484 - 03/05/11 09:25 AM (13 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

drawde said:
Indeed.

But I think it is important to mention... to me the original meanings of liberal and conservative have been lost. The people you are referring to are probably worlds apart from a true conservative.  I think at its core conservative means "I care not what you do, so long as you do not meddle in my business and life". The "battle" between the left and right has become a joke and I think just a rouse. Divide and conquer.

qft!

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: RAEG [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #533490 - 03/05/11 09:30 AM (13 years, 26 days ago)

People who fit all their beliefs into either the category "conservative" or "liberal" piss me off.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: RAEG [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #533493 - 03/05/11 09:35 AM (13 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

ignorant Conservatives piss me off.

Fixed.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Re: RAEG [Re: RasJeph]
    #533497 - 03/05/11 09:37 AM (13 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:
Quote:

Fixed.

redundant?

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Invisibledrawde

Re: RAEG [Re: THEBats]
    #533499 - 03/05/11 09:39 AM (13 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
People who fit all their beliefs into either the category "conservative" or "liberal" piss me off.

I think its an old paradigm of thought that needs to be moved away from. Lets put all of that aside and look at what has merit, and then go from there.

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: RAEG [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #533503 - 03/05/11 09:42 AM (13 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Quote:

RasJeph said:
Quote:

Fixed.

redundant?

Nah. I know plenty of dudes who are old school in their way of thinking but are real smart guys. I disagree with them 90% of the time, but I see where they are coming from as well so I respect their decisions. :bigblunt:

--------------------

OfflineJefferson
Space Cowboy
Male

#533522 - 03/05/11 11:47 AM (13 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

Nah. I know plenty of dudes who are old school in their way of thinking but are real smart guys. I disagree with them 90% of the time, but I see where they are coming from as well so I respect their decisions. :bigblunt:

Unfortunately I know the same kind of people.  It would be easier to hate my conservative friends if they weren't funny, charming, intelligent, solid dudes.  For some reason it doesn't bother them that I'm a liberal hippie then it shouldn't bother me that they're god fearing, gun totting, conservatives.

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: RAEG [Re: Jefferson]
    #533529 - 03/05/11 12:11 PM (13 years, 26 days ago)

Very much so ^ :highfive:

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
    #533578 - 03/05/11 03:53 PM (13 years, 26 days ago)

Conservative and Liberal aren't antonyms despite what 100% of our news media, and probably 99% of the country, think.

I'm a fiscally conservative social liberal, and I don't want to be grouped with anyone who is just Conservative, or just Liberal, both ideologies are flawed to fuck.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: RAEG [Re: DungenessDank]
    #533585 - 03/05/11 04:26 PM (13 years, 26 days ago)

Oh yea, i was just pissed because of comments two conservative marine ex school-mates of mine had on facebook, so I just blocked communication from both of them.

I shouldn't be concerned though, one of them was so stupid he didn't know he was 75% deaf until he was 22 (which should of been easy to tell because of his serious speech impediment he had).

But I'll just mention, I'm pretty much completely liberal by now. Ever conservative in power in the federal government makes me cringe with most of the shit they spew. For example, tax breaks to those making over 250k. I can't wait until people learn, taxes are not bad for just being taxes. I think a tax rate of as high as 50% would be ok with me as long as all the money was going to good public services, and that these wasn't any money wasted.

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#533592 - 03/05/11 04:44 PM (13 years, 26 days ago)

I agree with you, from even a conservative stand-point. The tax rate has to be the same, if not higher for the rich, that is lost revenue from the governments perspective. Tax cuts are worse than any welfare program because they only benefit those without need.

If we want to be like the rest of the worlds civilized democracies, its gonna take the rich paying their fair share into the system. If they don't want to pay taxes, move to some other shit-hole country and use their infrastructure and labor force to make your fortune.

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#533598 - 03/05/11 05:06 PM (13 years, 26 days ago)

Great, now explain how you're affected by these taxes.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: RAEG [Re: King Koopa]
    #533601 - 03/05/11 05:15 PM (13 years, 26 days ago)

well, 1 pell grants.

--------------------

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#533612 - 03/05/11 05:54 PM (13 years, 26 days ago)

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

OfflineJefferson
Space Cowboy
Male

#533689 - 03/05/11 11:38 PM (13 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
Oh yea, i was just pissed because of comments two conservative marine ex school-mates of mine had on facebook

I heard similar conservative rhetoric from a friend of mine from high school on facebook and I did the same thing.  For some reason he was bitching about Obama taking his guns away.  I grow very tired of this topic with conservatives.  I realize I was paranoid during the Bush administration but I don't remember being this paranoid.  These idiots are like babies with security blankets when it comes to their fucking guns.  Take em away and they never stop whining.  I still don't understand the connection between guns = my freedom.

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: RAEG [Re: Jefferson] * 1
    #533777 - 03/06/11 10:31 AM (13 years, 25 days ago)

Well that's the reason the second amendment is in place, to protect against threats foreign and DOMESTIC.  The founding fathers all too understood the threat of tyranny.  An armed populace guards against that besides also adding to our armed presence in case of an invasion.  I don't understand how people don't understand that.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Edited by THEBats (03/06/11 10:32 AM)

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#533783 - 03/06/11 10:48 AM (13 years, 25 days ago)

Generations of people raised to believe the government is looking out for their best interests, while simultaneously looking out for the interest of everyone else equally, realistically not possible.

Leftovers from Cold War Era brain-washing

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

#533836 - 03/06/11 12:23 PM (13 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
Well that's the reason the second amendment is in place, to protect against threats foreign and DOMESTIC.  The founding fathers all too understood the threat of tyranny.  An armed populace guards against that besides also adding to our armed presence in case of an invasion.  I don't understand how people don't understand that.

In the japanese's strategic decision making process in the 40's a commanding japanese navy officer said that to strike the US mainland would be a mistake because there'd be a man and a pistol behind every blade of grass.  That's 1/2 of what you said there.  I've never considered myself a republican, and have very little interest in guns, but I strongly defend our right to own firearms.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds