Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinephuckpfizer
Stranger

chem burn with 4 weeks left to go....I need some big help.
    #531512 - 02/28/11 11:53 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

First post and I'm also from the sister site :mushroom2:

To make a long story short, first medical grow, two plants and 4 weeks left to flower. I found powder looking mold and some mites and went over board! I got a 3 n 1 spray for fungi,mold,bugs and also a bomb.

I set the bomb off and waited 3 days then sprayed the crap out of both plants with the spray also. I noticed the lady bugs (I had about 100 and then killed them because they did nothing) were still alive...well 2 maybe 3. I looked at both plants and found some mites (from the eggs I'm sure) and mold was gone as it looked that way. I decided as a noobie to spray the plants AGAIN  :facepalm3: and in 24 hours they went from nice long white hair tall buds to burned alive/why would you do that to us buds/leafs.

My question is...should I just pull them and cut the bad off and save/harvest/cure the good or should I let them ride for the 4 weeks?? I know I stressed and almost killed both plants but I have learned a ton on my first try so I'm not " mad " just bummed.

I worry if I let them go that the tops that got burned really bad will mold and or invite mites ect. I can't have that in the room and if I pull the plug I still need to flush the fert from the soil/roots/plant so any sujestions would be great.

No pics,we all no what chem burn looks like. It's a nightmare and the last thing you want to see on such nice looking plant  :shake:

Thanks in advance friends...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFlying_Dog
Last man standing
 User Gallery

Loc: Underground
Re: chem burn with 4 weeks left to go....I need some big help. [Re: phuckpfizer]
    #531517 - 02/28/11 12:12 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds like insecticide damage, some plants handle less insecticide then others. Pyrethrin's have caused their share of damage to my plants also. Azamax has proved itself in less damageing effects and no pest strips work even better just don't use them in flower. Currently I'm about to test Forbid on my moms as a preventive. Hopefully my Forbid tests don't prove fatal to the plants.

Invisibledouble
Diesel

Re: chem burn with 4 weeks left to go....I need some big help. [Re: Flying_Dog]
    #531524 - 02/28/11 12:27 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

neem oil is a natural insecticide and not that dangerous for plants as synthetic ones

for future reference, you may try washing with soap water before nuking an almost FLOWERING plant

Offlinephuckpfizer
Stranger

Re: chem burn with 4 weeks left to go....I need some big help. [Re: Flying_Dog]
    #531530 - 02/28/11 12:46 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Flying_Dog said:
Sounds like insecticide damage, some plants handle less insecticide then others. Pyrethrin's have caused their share of damage to my plants also. Azamax has proved itself in less damageing effects and no pest strips work even better just don't use them in flower. Currently I'm about to test Forbid on my moms as a preventive. Hopefully my Forbid tests don't prove fatal to the plants.

I have about 4 books, Jorge Cervantes grower's bible is one. I spent alot of time reading before I jumped into this. I just don't understand how your not suppost to spray/bomb or tream for mold or mites if your plants are in flower...

The damage is done, I'm just looking to see what is best for them at this time. I know I went over kill so I'm know sure if 4 more weeks is a good idea? I would like to see them bounce back but if and when that happends mold /mites could set into the tops and other bad areas and kill everything.

I did find a very good formula that WORKS but you must NOT let sit more then 20 mins! This is for everyone of course and ONLY mites.

1/4 cup baking soda
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 drops dish detergent
1/4 teaspoon epsom salts

take a very hot cup of water and desolve the epsom salts, take the rest of the ingredients and pace in a clean 2 liter bottle and let work out. add epsom solution. add water to fill to 48ozs(3/4 full). shake well!

TO USE: cover soil/medium with plastic,with lights off mist plant all over,especialy under leaves,wait 20 mins,then spritz off with clean freash water shaking as much water off plant as you can.
The fresh water spritz rinse will remove the solution along with the desolved remains of the mites AND their eggs!

If solution is left on for more then 20 mins and not washed off in full,if will start to burn up the plant so be ready to go!!

If anyone has more advise on what I should do with my problem I posted please feel free to share.

OfflineFlying_Dog
Last man standing
 User Gallery

Loc: Underground
Re: chem burn with 4 weeks left to go....I need some big help. [Re: phuckpfizer]
    #532013 - 03/01/11 09:51 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Well books don't help as much for insects as experience does. No pest strips will kill all the bugs on your moms, I'd use forbid or avid as a security barrier. Let them revive and clone them. If you want to try and keep your current plants alive if they are as damaged as they sound you will ultimately loose more in the long run. If not maybe rivival is still possible just remember those fan leaves are your food storage and solar factories. If you decided to get rid of them nuke that room this time with no plants in it. I'd use a pyrthin bomb treatment then overdose that room with no pest strips for a few days(make sure its sealed off). They will be gone. Also a heads up on those bug bombs lots of times with plants they aren't very effective. Empty room's they do a great job at sanitising.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder