Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Kratom Extract   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineOoBYCoO
Stranger
Male

Kratom Indoors * 5
    #518508 - 01/24/11 09:52 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Check out my Mitragyna speciosa--Kratom Plant!  It's a red-veined Thailand strain.  The bottom 2 nodes is all it had when I got it... now it has 3 additional nodes w/ another on the way!  Also my venus fly trap... the stalk is shooting up in the middle about to go into it's flowering stage.

As soon as I got it I potted it w/ this.

I have a 2qt bottle that I fill w/ regular tap water and put 14 drops of the Schultz and shake.  I keep it really hydrated, watering it once sometimes twice daily (depending on ambient temp. Cooler temp.'s once and warmer temp.'s twice/day) until I see a little water pool in the collecting tray under the pot.  A couple times a week I won't water it for a day sometimes two (again depending on ambient temp.  Warmer temp's one and cooler temp.'s two days).  I do this to prevent root rot.

This is how I have mine setup (as a matter of fact, there are many days, sometimes in a row, that I forget to turn it off b/c I pass out watching tv.  I got the whole fixture and bulb for $15 at my local landscaping/nursery store.  I've used it for so many plants and it hasn't let me down yet.  I have to keep mine indoors (my room) b/c I'm up here in NY and the outdoor temp.'s are starting to drop really fast.

-----------------------------

This is from when I just got my Rifat!!!! It's the one on the left, the one on the right is my red-veined Thai.

---------------------------------

[Red-vein Thai, Rifat, Rifat]

----------------------------------

Red-vein Thai

Rifat

-----------------------------

Rifat

Oh, BTW, I've actually switched it up to this stuff...

...b/c Kratom loves Humus!!!

:grin:  I got my first cutting (RVT) in Aug. '10 and the Rifat the following month.  I'll keep updating this thread w/ new pics.  I'm getting a bumblebee strain soon!  :grin:

--------------------
High Mountain Compost

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
Re: Kratom Indoors [Re: OoBYCoO] * 2
    #518513 - 01/24/11 09:54 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Awesome man, keep us updated :awesomenod:

--------------------

OfflineOoBYCoO
Stranger
Male

Re: Kratom Indoors [Re: T-Rex] * 1
    #518633 - 01/25/11 02:09 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

For sure!  :super:

--------------------
High Mountain Compost

OfflineOoBYCoO
Stranger
Male

Re: Kratom Indoors [Re: OoBYCoO] * 3
    #525735 - 02/10/11 12:53 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

A Brief History of Kratom

--------------------
High Mountain Compost

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: Kratom Indoors [Re: OoBYCoO] * 1
    #525737 - 02/10/11 12:56 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Interesting, I'll be peeking at this...

Never tried the stuff though, How do you like it?

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineOoBYCoO
Stranger
Male

Re: Kratom Indoors [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk] * 1
    #525883 - 02/10/11 06:28 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I fucking love it!!!  :heartpump:

--------------------
High Mountain Compost

OfflineShroomofdoom
Menace 2 Society
Male

Loc: Dark side of the moon
    #526237 - 02/11/11 07:40 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I just ordered some powder, im interested in seeing how it is. How long does it take to grow and what not? Seems expensive to buy, like 10 bucks an ounce and considering you take like 14g or something to get feelin good.

OfflineOoBYCoO
Stranger
Male

Re: Kratom Indoors [Re: Shroomofdoom] * 1
    #526358 - 02/12/11 01:30 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Once you get it started/established it takes off and grows pretty aggressively, given that you give it the light, moisture, and temp it needs.  Yeah it's kinda pricey, but to me it's worth it.  You'll find out for yourself soon.  Although, it does effect everyone differently and also depends on the quality and strain that you get from your vendor.  You can use the powder to make tea, but I personally prefer to toss n wash.  Take a scoop and wash it down w/ grapefruit or orange juice.  The acidity helps w/ the absorption and the juice helps you out w/ the taste b/c it's not pleasant.  lol

--------------------
High Mountain Compost

OfflineShroomofdoom
Menace 2 Society
Male

#526560 - 02/12/11 12:41 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Cool, ill have to look around for some plants if i like it. I ordered from I am shaman. so we'll see! Thanks

OfflineOoBYCoO
Stranger
Male

#526642 - 02/12/11 05:39 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Come spring time I'll have cuttings available for trade.  I've never ordered from them so I can't say how it is.  :shrug:  But I hope it's good and that you enjoy it.  Be sure to post your opinions.

--------------------
High Mountain Compost

OfflineShroomofdoom
Menace 2 Society
Male

#526690 - 02/12/11 08:30 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Ya, ive seen a couple of search posts about Kratom where people have suggest I am shaman. So I gave them a try. Should be here monday or tuesday. If I like it id be for sure interested in a cutting. Don't have alotta stuff to trade but maybe we can work something out. Ill post when I give it a try.

OfflineOoBYCoO
Stranger
Male

#526876 - 02/13/11 04:58 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

:super:

--------------------
High Mountain Compost

OfflineShroomofdoom
Menace 2 Society
Male

#528301 - 02/17/11 07:51 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Welp got my Kratom. I like it, but I think I took too much for my first go. took 14g of dried leafs and just chugged it down in some water. Hit me pretty strong, definitely felt like a Vicodin high. The come down was really nice just went away with no headache or anything. Gunna try a smaller dose next time though. Not bad for a legal substance! :thumbup:

OfflineOoBYCoO
Stranger
Male

#528360 - 02/18/11 12:42 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

EXACTLY!!! :super:

--------------------
High Mountain Compost

OfflineOoBYCoO
Stranger
Male

Re: Kratom Indoors [Re: OoBYCoO] * 3
    #528361 - 02/18/11 12:44 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Here's a quick breakdown of some the different types of kratom available and their effects.

Bali - Most kratom sold is leaf from plantations in Bali. This kratom has a good range of alkaloids and is more sedating/relaxing than it is stimulating. Quite a few people find that it makes them more nauseous than other types of kratom, and others report that it can cause headaches. Almost all kratom extracts are extracted from Bali leaf, as it's one of the cheapest. The leaf can be bought destemmed and deveined - this is less likely to cause nausea or other unpleasant side effects. Some vendors sell the left-over stem and vein very cheaply... this is a good source for making one's own extracts, for those who fancy having a go at making resins, etc.

Thai - This is more stimulating than Bali kratom, because it contains lower levels of some alkaloids. Consequently it tends to be less strong than Bali. An exotic strain 'red vein' is considered to be the most stimulating kratom.

Indo - Kratom from other areas of Indonesia is usually called Indo, to distinguish it from Bali kratom. It tends to be a little bit more stimulating than Bali, but not a whole lot. It's generally considered to have lesser negative side effects than Bali kratom.

Malaysian - This kratom is stimulating, like Thai, but has a fuller effect, it usually seems a bit stronger than Thai.

Extracts - almost all are made from Bali kratom. Extracts seem to be lacking some of the more stimulating effects of leaf, and most kratom connoisseurs prefer leaf, or very high-end, expensive, extracts.

Blends - These are mixtures of leaf combined with extract, to give the best of both worlds, the strength of extract combined with the full-spectrum effect of leaf. The best are VERY good.

Finally, the most cost-effective way to use kratom is by ingestion. The finer the powder used, the more immediate and pronounced are the effects. But micro-fine powders lose their potency a lot faster than crushed or whole leaf, so it's a good idea to only grind kratom to micro-fine powder shortly before use. A good quality coffee grinder with a sharp blade should be capable of grinding kratom to micro-fine - grind it in short bursts to avoid over-heating the kratom. Kratom tastes like ass, so capsules are a convenient way to take it, or it can be taken in suspension in liquid (bitter drinks mask the taste well), or by a technique known as toss'n'wash.

Kratom tea is popular with some, and when properly made (a time-consuming and smelly process) it tastes totally vile, almost as vile as breadseed pod tea, and the heating seems to kill off most of the more stimulating effects, so tea is generally more sedating in effect, and a bit pointless with some types of kratom like red-vein Thai. I will never drink kratom tea, ever, again, ingestion works so much better for me.

Finding the dosage sweet-spot is the trick... too much kratom means nausea and maybe headaches, too little is a waste. Lower doses are more stimulating, higher dosages are more sedating. It is almost impossible to overdose on kratom, but please don't try it, it WILL make you incredibly ill for a few hours (but not in any mortal danger)! Drinking grapefruit juice (whole juice, not grapefruit 'drinks') about 20 minutes before ingesting kratom increases its potency noticeably.

Kratom can be addictive, especially at higher dosage levels. It's not so much of a problem at the stimulant dosage level. I use kratom almost every morning in low dosage (4-5 grams of leaf) and I have never had so much as a twinge from it... I take the occasional week off it just to be sure. But I have read some fairly harrowing accounts by heavy users of their withdrawals. Kratom is generally considered to be fairly easy to taper off, unlike some other addictive substances. The pharmacology of kratom is extremely complex and fascinating, it's well worth checking out.

--------------------
High Mountain Compost

OfflineShroomofdoom
Menace 2 Society
Male

#528470 - 02/18/11 06:40 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the breakdown! 5+ from me

Im looking into capsules, I just took the fine powder i got and mixed it with some water and boy it isnt pleasent. Took 7 grams today and it was nice, could of used a little more to give me a good buzz but it wasnt bad. Im for sure interested in cuttings.

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

Re: Kratom Indoors [Re: Shroomofdoom]
    #528581 - 02/18/11 11:39 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Wow. Thanks for the info

I'll keep watching for the cuttings.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

OfflineOoBYCoO
Stranger
Male

Re: Kratom Indoors [Re: King Koopa] * 1
    #528589 - 02/18/11 11:47 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

No problem guys!  I'll keep you posted about the cuttings.  FYI I do the toss'n'wash method.  Take a couple of scoops in my mouth and wash it down w/ pomegranate grapefruit juice!  Try that, I guarantee you'll like it!  :super:

--------------------
High Mountain Compost

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

Re: Kratom Indoors [Re: OoBYCoO]
    #528591 - 02/18/11 11:49 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

So are you using your plant now, or an extract?

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

OfflineOoBYCoO
Stranger
Male

Re: Kratom Indoors [Re: King Koopa] * 1
    #528595 - 02/18/11 11:59 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Well extracts are expensive so I only get them once in a while or whenever they're on sale b/c they're awesome.  I regularly use Bali (which is the cheapest), red vein Indo, and super Indo.  I never order the same strain back to back.  I switch it up b/c each one has a different feel and don't want to get "used" to a particular one.
Yeah, I do use the leaves from my plant, I brew them in a tea.  The cool thing about Kratom plants is that at every node where there was a leaf that dropped off (which happens regularly and is normal) new leaves or branches will grow back in its place.  So for one that is harvesting the leaves, this is a godsend.  However, my leaves aren't that strong yet.  They get stronger and have a higher alkaloid content the older the tree gets.

--------------------
High Mountain Compost

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Kratom Extract   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf