Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineThe Anointed One
Sloth's apprentice
Male User Gallery

Medical Marijuana for Kids * 2
    #527095 - 02/13/11 08:36 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Here's a video I found about medical marijuana being used to treat kids. Originally from 20/20. Hopefully someone finds it interesting. Several cases are featured.

I find it funny how the anti-medical-mj-for-kids guy mentions that he worries it's not helping kids, just "sedating" them. Gee, I guess that means he would advocate its opposite. Hey guys, what's the opposite of sedation?

I also love the point of the mom at the end, and something I've thought of. I hate how people bring up the "OMG but doesn't it get them HIGH?" question. My response to which is: Who fucking cares? If these people are suffering, as far as I'm concerned, they deserve a little pleasure in their lives. And if they get that from their medication :shrug:

[sarcasm]No, obviously the right thing to do is let these little wannabe-junkie delinquents suffer. Clearly, the Good and Christian thing to do.[/sarcasm]

--------------------
"My one-of-a-kind-self gets stoned every day like Jesus did."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBlackstatis
Stranger

Re: Medical Marijuana for Kids [Re: The Anointed One]
    #527252 - 02/14/11 09:53 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

this is totally fine with me.  parents making responsible decisions, i like that.

also, the real gateway drug is alcohol.  i didn't start doing hard drugs until i started started drinking at age 25.  i just smoked weed up until then, with no intention of ever trying anything else.  i hate the gateway theory.

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: Medical Marijuana for Kids [Re: Blackstatis]
    #527297 - 02/14/11 01:53 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

NO, WEED IS BAD, PUT THE KIDS ON RITALIN. :seriousbusiness:

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

Re: Medical Marijuana for Kids [Re: The Anointed One]
    #527357 - 02/14/11 07:29 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

There was a great article about medical applications with children in either Treating Yourself or Weed World.  Was within the last 6 months.  I need to go through a stack of mags to find out which one.  A mother openly shared with the mag how she is using cannabis to treat her child.

Will post if I come across it.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: Medical Marijuana for Kids [Re: CrayolaHalls]
    #527359 - 02/14/11 07:41 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I've known of some minors who's parents signed off on getting medical marijuana. These kids were around 16+ though.

Invisibledouble
Diesel

Re: Medical Marijuana for Kids [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #527695 - 02/16/11 04:27 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
NO, WEED IS BAD, PUT THE KIDS ON RITALIN. :seriousbusiness:

lol right :lol:

Offlinejuslikejesus
Your Name Is My Name Too
Male

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: Medical Marijuana for Kids [Re: DungenessDank]
    #541707 - 03/30/11 02:09 PM (13 years, 2 days ago)

I would really think that marijuana is that big of a deal for a 14 year old, that's when I started smoking and I turned out okay. There's kids where I live that are like 12 and smoke weed, they're a little bad and maybe a little to stupid to make there own decisions. But if they had cancer and felt very nauseas then I would let them smoke. The only thing that I know on a first hand account have ever had weed cure me of is nausea almost all smoke calms that but man weed really stops it.

It might not make the kid live but if my 10,12,13,14 yr. old son or daughter was going to die I would at least want them to die with as much peace as I could give them.

i.e. Kemo therapy causes nausea

--------------------
When answering a question I ask, feel free to elaborate, feel free to direct me to other threads and or internet resources. I WANT to hear good information, try to make it so I don't have to answer anymore questions. I've read a lot if I ask a question it's because I want to here more.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds