Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]
InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: All About New Forum Requests... [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #524043 - 02/06/11 05:51 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
yeah they are.  But i think the reason we aren't as populated as the shroomery is because of the more than decade headstart the shroomery had at establishing itself.  the only advantage we have here over any other new site is that we started with a ton of shroomery members.  we;ve been building from there.

Yeah, this place is slowly growing.  You figure out of all new members, some will post a few times then leave, some will just be idiots, and we'll get some good members too.  Slowly, but surely, the site is growing I think.  I like it the way it is myself.  I do think that sports forum was a good add on.  It'll be a little slow at first I think, with a small core of people posting in it, but it to, will grow.

If you build it, they will come :lol:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: All About New Forum Requests... [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #524353 - 02/07/11 11:42 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Seriously, a lot of newbs dont realize Shroomery has been around for 17 years. The Growery is approaching its 3rd year. I bet this site has grown more quickly than Shroomery did....

I could be wrong, that's speculation.

I like it here though. It's good people.

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: All About New Forum Requests... [Re: Picklez]
    #524356 - 02/07/11 11:49 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Ythan said:
The Shroomery went online on August 8th, 1997

I think you're over exaggerating a little...

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: All About New Forum Requests... [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #524358 - 02/07/11 12:14 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
Quote:

Ythan said:
The Shroomery went online on August 8th, 1997

I think you're over exaggerating a little...

I believe he originally launched it in 94' though when he was like 14 years old. Maybe under a different name

not much difference between 11 and 14 years. The point is still the same

OfflineThe Anointed One
Sloth's apprentice
Male User Gallery

Re: All About New Forum Requests... [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #524471 - 02/07/11 06:14 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:
Yeah, this place is slowly growing.  You figure out of all new members, some will post a few times then leave, some will just be idiots, and we'll get some good members too.  Slowly, but surely, the site is growing I think.  I like it the way it is myself.  I do think that sports forum was a good add on.  It'll be a little slow at first I think, with a small core of people posting in it, but it to, will grow.

If you build it, they will come :lol:

Yeah, but I think that in order to really grow we need to have stuff that NO other forums have. And even if we get attention and attract some people, if they see a really limited range of discussion going on here, they may not want to stick around. I know I've done that with forums. Anyone else?

I think more cannabis related forums (at least one as I mentioned) would be advantageous for this reason among others.

Also, I strongly advocate other non-cannabis/drug related forums. However, I will have nothing to ever contribute to sports, unless discussion of martial arts pops up (which I'll never see unless I search for it, or am directed there.)  Not a fan, myself, and while cannabis seems to become more and more ubiquitous in all sectors of society, I've known tons of stoners who hate team sports. :shrug:

I'm not saying that makes it a bad idea or anything. I'm sure lots will use it. But how many people, for example, do you know who just don't like music. Or watching movies?

Music seems like a natural pairing with cannabis, so the tunetown subforum is neat. However, I posit that other forms of art and entertainment are almost as strongly tied.

We could, in theory, do something silly like make an "Art Under the Influence" kind of forum. You could dump tune-town into there, as its own little sub-forum (because I think it deserves it) and open a slightly wider discussion on arts and entertainment.

Or if you wanted to go even MORE wide-ranging, the main forum there could be something like "Popular Culture and Subculture."

Just some thoughts...

--------------------
"My one-of-a-kind-self gets stoned every day like Jesus did."

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: All About New Forum Requests... [Re: The Anointed One]
    #524474 - 02/07/11 06:44 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not sure what the plans are the subject matter that overlaps what's already on the shroomery.  They have a massively awesome other drugs section, politics, money matters, all good forums.  I don't know if, or at what point, they plan to put new forums here.  So far it's been pretty much user feedback coupled with the admins opinions.  I DO agree that the it would be nice if the actual cannabis related topics were separated out from the rest of the smoke lounge garbage.  I think that would provide an extra benefit that we don't currently have.  Or maybe just make it easy and add a subforum where you can simply tag the post with it's cannabis relevance, like we do with in progress grow journals vs completed and abandoned journals.  But bottom line, i agree that those things should be separated out.  There IS some good cannabis information in the smoke lounge.  There are also non-cannabis related posts in there that get turned into really good cannabis discussions.  Any other thoughts??

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #524722 - 02/08/11 02:11 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Leave it like it is for a while.:bigyesnod:

--------------------

OfflineThe Anointed One
Sloth's apprentice
Male User Gallery

#524864 - 02/08/11 05:34 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Any other thoughts??

Yes. Lots of them.

I understand that we're not looking to build a shroomery clone. (Though I will say for the record, that the number of people who are into cannabis exclusively, and therefore might register here but not there, might actually justify something like that.) However, I think it's worth looking at what we are willing to mirror somewhat and where we need to be different. Otherwise, why not have just started a whole "marijuana cultivation" section on shroomery, if that is ALL we wanted to have...?

If we were to try staying away from ANY topics/forums/sub-forums that the shroomery has, then we might as well end this discussion now. Shroomery covers almost everything at this point.

On the other hand: As with all drugs in general, and as with psychedelics particularly, cannabis has influenced society and culture in a number of ways. As such it seems logical that we include discussion ABOUT society (and, of course, the connections between them.)

We could have a "human mind" kind of forum. "This is Your Mind on Cannabis," kind of thing. This could encompass topics ranging from psychology to spirituality and religion. These could be discussed in general and/or in regard to how they are connected to and affected by cannabis.

One point I want to highlight from this is that religious and spiritual belief/thought have, without doubt, been influenced by cannabis. As such, focused discussion on spirituality in SOME way is a good idea. I mean come on, CANNABIS IS A SACRAMENT FOR SOME.

Cannabis, quite obviously, also has an impact on HEALTH, PSYCHOLOGY, RELATIONSHIPS, and GOVERNMENT.  I'm not proposing each of those as a forum, just saying that each seems like a valid, broad topic base, that can be addressed.

I think the politics of cannabis is worthy of being addressed. You could make a "Law, Activism, and Personal Freedom" kind of forum. (This would also squeeze the current "activism" bit into here, leaving "medical" with a forum all its own, which it kind of deserves. More on that later...) This could not only take on Activism and discussion of Government and Law, but could also include discussion of how to increase one's personal safety, which seems like a vital topic that's missing from the board.

(Alternately you could call that one something like "Law, Activism, and Safety," but we wouldn't want to sound like the shroomERY. :p )

I would say that the "Arts and Entertainment" kind of forum I mentioned before is also a major point, and probably one of the non-drug forums we need the most. I mean shit, sports is entertainment, and it gets its own sub-forum even though everything else other than music is left to general chat? I'd say that music, movies, books, poetry, painting, photography, drawing, etc, all owe more inspiration to cannabis than do the likes of football, baseball, etc. amirite?

I think it's way too early to warrant any kind of focused discussion forums on relationships or sexuality, even though I'd say both, especially relationships, are influenced by cannabis. Plus, the other site does have a focus for that one.

On the other hand, I think it would be cool to have an Advice and/or 'Noids Anonymous kind of forum. Anyone with non-pot questions or problems (or non-legal-safety, if we had that forum) could go there. I initially considered this because it could encompass some of the relationship/sex thing. I would vote on a "Help/Advice" forum. Though second to that I'd take an Anon forum. haha

I also do advocate the "Pharmacology and Chemistry of Cannabis" type forum that has been proposed. I do understand the argument that there are not a lot of members with professional-level knowledge in those areas, but I think that's a somewhat weak reason not to start it. ALTHOUGH...if my previous suggestions were implemented, you could squeeze this right in with Medicinal, and the focus would be more towards that, since Activism would already be In with the "Law, Activism, and Safety," type forum.

Did someone say, "If you build it, they will come?" :lol:

--------------------
"My one-of-a-kind-self gets stoned every day like Jesus did."

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale