Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinechowdan
Stranger
 User Gallery

Too early to start in WA??
    #521529 - 01/31/11 09:04 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Hey all.

So I've got some seeds from my last oz. I was thinking about starting them in some pots and then transfer them outside. So is it too early to start them? I live in Seattle, WA.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThe_Philosophy
Apothecary

Loc: Surrounded by dead things
Re: Too early to start in WA?? [Re: chowdan]
    #521607 - 01/31/11 01:14 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Its way too early to be starting anything unless you do them indoors.. you want to put em outside after the last frost in spring April-June depending on where you are.. Another thing is you might have sativa based hybrids which take much longer to flower, so you could lose the crop to an early frost in late fall. And also if the seeds were from different fathers the flowering times could be different for each plant.

Offlinechowdan
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Too early to start in WA?? [Re: The_Philosophy]
    #521707 - 01/31/11 06:44 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Will it screw with them if I'm just using natural light from indoors? Like they are hoing to be inside but they are going to be set near my sliding glass door which recieves 5+ hours of direct sun.. Since the days are so short right now will it try and go into flowering and then as they get longer will it go back to vegging?

--------------------
I am a legal patient in Washington. Everything i do and say on here is for personal gain.

- We live in a free country as long as you can follow the governments laws...-

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

#523217 - 02/04/11 08:46 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

i would say wait till april unless you are planning on taking cuttings from them !
if your gung ho on starting them at the least put a light on them ,a decent light !what you give is what you get~

--------------------
:whereismiddleman:

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

#523227 - 02/04/11 09:29 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

chowdan said:
Will it screw with them if I'm just using natural light from indoors? Like they are hoing to be inside but they are going to be set near my sliding glass door which recieves 5+ hours of direct sun.. Since the days are so short right now will it try and go into flowering and then as they get longer will it go back to vegging?

I haven't read other posts to see if you have grown before, but I would suggest doing it at least one time per recommended methods.  If you do what you are asking you are going to run in to problems, some of which will not be able to be fixed with half-assed techniques.

Based on what you are suggesting, your seeds are most likely going to sprout and then stretch in to plants so weak that they can't support their own weight.  3 extra months of growth is completely not desirable unless you have mad skills and a desire to make Frankenweed.  Dmtcorey was right to suggest supplementing with a good light or waiting. 

In the end it is your choice.  If you know something the pros don't, then go ahead and do it.  Otherwise, keep the Doctor's Diagnosis forum bookmarked and expect some laughs.

(I do not mean to imply I am a pro and I apologize if the saying "mad skills" is no longer popular.  I'm just an old white guy with a green thumb.)

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder