Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesk81681
Stranger
security questions
    #515547 - 01/19/11 11:55 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

been looking through posts for a little while but couldnt quite find what i was looking for.  im wondering if there are any products that i could line the room with to impede FLEAR readings.  I was also wondering if anyone knew how common it is for police to use equipment to find grows.  Like does every department have access to this and what are precautions i can take to avoid.  i ask because i live on a very busy road but in a smaller city and i wanted to know what the odds are that they could just drive by and detect it somehow.  sorry if this is a dumb question.  im getting into my first "real" grow.

Edit:
I forgot to add, the paranoia stems from my location.  im about three blocks from a police station, 2 blocks from highway patrol training campus (has helicopters), 2 blocks from the department of alcohol tobacco and firearms, 3 blocks from the state bureau of investigations, and about 4 blocks from a prison.

Edited by sk81681 (01/19/11 02:19 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecsmandpking
Shroomer
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomery
Re: security questions [Re: sk81681]
    #515911 - 01/19/11 10:26 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds like your in a safe zone, per se.
And yes thermal reflective lining are available but it has been ruled that is an invasion of privacy to use those "viewing machines"(haha). So its either done illegal or your already busted and they are looking for away to nab you.

--------------------
The monster is always in us...

you are smart baby!
cept for when youre really high...then you turn into my other boyfriend dippy.

OfflineBigBudz
USA Mind Controls You!
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA USA Flag
Re: security questions [Re: csmandpking]
    #516345 - 01/20/11 06:41 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Yah I used to grow in a downtown area close to a police department. Really if you live by yourself and are the kind of person that stays to themselves, how are they ever going to bust you? If you sell to a select group privately, it's almost impossible.

The only peeps I know get busted are very social. They have lots of people over or are younger and sell to the wrong crowd. You don't sound like that kind of person. If you can handle is psychologically, then your cool.

If you really want piece of mind, you can buy advanced and expensive LED grow lights. I know a company that sells them for good deals considering what they offer. But honestly you should be fine with traditional methods. Not everyone grows bud man. I grew vegetables, flowers and herbs once under a 1000W MH and 1000W HPS for a year.

--------------------
Art Music Music 2 Music 3

You are most likely being mind controlled if you live in the USA. The technology was discovered back in the late 1980's. You can easily see weird towers on government buildings...
http://www.cheniere.org/misc/sparkoflife.htm#mindcontrol

OfflineE99Energy
Evil E~tard

Re: security questions [Re: sk81681]
    #517427 - 01/23/11 06:05 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

If they have sus·pi·cion its not too uncommon. esp. if you have a history. They also check with power companies ect. Your power bill should be about the same as your neighbours. they also break the law if they can't get a search warrent. this is'nt somthing you want to do for a long time. usely those that don't get caught lay down the big one and then stop and keep the weed to themselves. don't tell your friend, don't even tell your mom. everyone has a lip if you know it or not. this is why there are so many people in prison 4 this silly thing. even if your married 80% end in divorce. trust no one! If you do no one is in the safe zone. after reading this you should'nt even want to grow this sh*t. Get a legal persciption or if your going to grow make sure you have an illness. This way you have something to show for your court. If you don't want to follow this find someone with an illness to grow for you but good luck no one wants any trouble but drug dealers.

Edited by E99Energy (01/23/11 07:38 AM)

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: security questions [Re: E99Energy]
    #517489 - 01/23/11 10:37 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

^^ Ignore the above post please.  The only bit of good advice in that post is loose lips sink ships.  If you do grow, you should be the only person that knows about it.  That's the best way to keep your ass out of jail, if no one knows you're doing it how can you get busted?

1.) The thing about your electric bill is complete bullshit. My neighbors bill may be much higher or lower then mine.  Maybe they run three AC units and leave 4 HDTV's on 24/7.  Does that mean their doing anything illegal?  It doesn't give probable cause, or raise suspicion.  So unless you're A.) Stealing power B.) Running a 20,000 watt grow op C.) Not paying your electric bill your power company could give a damn.

Just for fun go take a look at all the power ratings on some of your common household appliances.  You'll find that most of them consume much more juice then a small HID ballast.  Running your washer and dryer for three hours will probably pull more juice then running your HID for 12.  Even though its a different story, in Cali you can call your power company and get a discount on the bill if you're a legal grower.  They don't give a fuck as long as they get paid and you aren't stealing.

2.)FLIR is: Very very very expensive (if your city even has a unit with it).  So they do not do just random fly by's looking for little folks like you and me.  Most of the times they use FLIR it's to go after large outdoor crops (cannabis has a different heat signature then most other plants). It's also very illegal to use to search homes, it's considered an invasion of privacy now and all evidence is inadmissable in court.

If you are seriously worried about being detected with FLIR, which I honestly say you don't need to be, they do make heat blocking material to place on grow room ceilings and walls.  You can also buy insulated ducting as well.  I just think it's silly honestly, unless you're trying to grow hundreds of plants cops don't give two shits about the small guys.  Sure you read a lot about small ops getting busted, but you need to look at the circumstances surrounding them.  I'd say the majority of the ones that do get busted either had a.) A vengeful significant other b.) burned their house to the ground exposing the grow c.) couldn't keep their mouth shut d.) sold to the wrong people who ratted them out.

Given the choice a cop would much rather spend their time hunting down the people who grow hundreds to thousands of plants as opposed to joe shmoe with three plants in flower.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlinealienscience
Farve in training
 User Gallery

Re: security questions [Re: coda]
    #518137 - 01/24/11 03:36 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I say 'do away with all of the hooey'.  You shouldn't be scared of growing a plant; that is not law enforcement's motive.  But, if you do grow some buds and go rob a liquor store, we will have something to talk about.  As for your security, put up some No Trespassing signs and look into this if you really want to be "safe".

http://www.growwurks.com/block-ir-with-infrared-blocking-technology-4-x-100-c3.aspx

Deputy Alienscience Says "No Tomoatoes for you"

--------------------
Official member of MAPS

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

Loc: its cold
Re: security questions [Re: alienscience]
    #518143 - 01/24/11 03:56 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Coda's advise is very sound.  I hate to call some one out on bullshit its just not who I am.  But whem some one like this E99energy guy is spewing so much of it I have to step in and say something.  I hate to see people get the wrong information
I live in a state where it is not yet legal to grow bud.  I grow and I live across the street from two boarder patrol agents, 1 state cop, and two local cops.  Don't give them a reason to suspect you and you will be fine. Stay low key and keep your mouth shut and you will be good to go.  Like coda said even if they were to scan your house they will not have the probable cause to enter your home.  Just because you are throwing a larger heat signature or elec bill does not in its self give PC to enter the home.  its circumstantial evidence and will not be admissable in court. 
On that note.  if you can afford to put up the reflectors go ahead.  it is something that I would do just for the piece of mind.  but not at all nessisary.  I hope this helps.  Good luck

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: security questions [Re: sveumy]
    #520344 - 01/28/11 05:02 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Just make sure you have a good scrubber for the smell. Heat sigs and electricity bills may not be probable cause for a cop to enter your home, but smell is. If they can smell it outside your home, or when they come to your door, they can enter without a warrant.

Offlinealienscience
Farve in training
 User Gallery

Re: security questions [Re: Tank333]
    #520412 - 01/28/11 07:14 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

This stuff is sooo weird.

--------------------
Official member of MAPS

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds