Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLSD
Stranger
 User Gallery

taste & smell question
    #515463 - 01/19/11 06:23 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I'm wondering is there a way to change the taste and smell of the plant?
for example by giving fruit aroma teas to soil during the last two weeks of flowering?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecsmandpking
Shroomer
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomery
Re: taste & smell question [Re: LSD]
    #515807 - 01/19/11 07:40 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

molasses is what i've been reading. and diff nutes produce slightly vary results. some are much more noticeable than others.  This is of course my own opinion. not fact

--------------------
The monster is always in us...

you are smart baby!
cept for when youre really high...then you turn into my other boyfriend dippy.

Offlinejaybris
Stranger
    #515876 - 01/19/11 09:05 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Hmm interesting. Do you mean change taste and smell completely or just to maximize it? If that makes sense. I know curing has a big deal to do with the taste. I suppose smell too.

Edited by jaybris (01/19/11 09:09 PM)

Offlinecsmandpking
Shroomer
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: taste & smell question [Re: jaybris]
    #515888 - 01/19/11 09:34 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Well about 2 maybe 3 years ago I was growing from bag seed. I use fox farm nutes. I would do very short cures, kinda cured it til it was all gone.
All different seeds, and every bud had the same flavor to me. small hints in the background of this or that, but mostly all the same flavor. over 30 diff plants.
Using a diff line of nutes for the past couple and its now a diff flavor.
I hope all that made sense as well.

--------------------

you are smart baby!

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

#516112 - 01/20/11 11:15 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

You are going to get whatever flavors the plant has the potential to make.  The actual flavor you get will have to do with growing conditions and soil chemistry.

I recently tried putting a product called Tasty Puff on a cigarette.  It did not impart any harshness, just the flavor listed on the bottle.  If you are looking to flavor your pot, this might be an economical solution; although, I can not say anything about safety of the product.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

Offlinecsmandpking
Shroomer
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: taste & smell question [Re: CrayolaHalls]
    #516281 - 01/20/11 04:06 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Well we do have fish and shit flavored buds. To my understanding anyways, they add flavor. Maybe by helping unlock the plants original potential or what ever way you please to explain it.
A nutrient rich soil or medium will produce much better flavors than say a dollar store brand potting soil. So does that mean they are fish and shit flavored?

--------------------

you are smart baby!

Offlinelolabean12
Stranger
Female

Loc: Washington Flag
Re: taste & smell question [Re: csmandpking]
    #538110 - 03/19/11 12:03 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

a friend of mine said that if when drying your bud, if you store it with a piece of (for instance) banana peel then it will have a hint of banana taste to it. im assuming you can do this with just about anything.. orange peel, lemon, what have you.

I bought a sack a while back and stored it in an airtight container with a piece of banana peel and it actually worked.

InvisibleLSD
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: taste & smell question [Re: lolabean12]
    #538339 - 03/20/11 02:05 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

hmm

OfflineEleutherios

#545351 - 04/11/11 05:10 PM (13 years, 10 days ago)

I went through a hydro store's catalog researching each product that is supposed to enhance ripeness or flavor. Molasses, cane sugar, or some other sugar was always present. Rock phosphate and potash were also common. Yucca extract was in a few of them. Kelp extract is almost as omnipresent as molasses. Then fruit extracts and vague refrences to aromatic compounds were also common. I use a papaya extract with good results. One compound named is simply made by adding soil bacteria to sugar water and letting it ferment. Vinegar and another similar weak acid found in Kombucha was named. So I started putting a splash of Kombucha vinegar in too with good results. Combining all of these things I grew my tastiest run of a few strains to date. I've been lazy about it, but thinking back I need to get back on that. I can't think of a better run with my Rhino or Blubonic for an example. A lot of the compounds were naturally occuring in good compost. I mean if Ganja is so good at absorbing heavy metals, what are a few hydrocarbons?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds