Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Start of 7th week, and giving a dose of Gravity.
    #514439 - 01/16/11 10:14 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Today I'm giving gravity one more shot before ruling it out of my feeding schedule. The first using it I failed to flush my plants at all while using the product. All was well until i stopped using the gravity and switched back to normal nutes. After switching back to my normal bloom mix after using the gravity, it burned the shit out of my white widow plants. This time i flushed my plants for 1 day with plain ph'd water prior to adding the gravity at 1ml/gallon. I plan on running that for three days. My question is should i flush once more after the 3 days of gravity is up? Or would the flush prior to using the gravity be enough to switch directly back to my bloom mix?

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Start of 7th week, and giving a dose of Gravity. [Re: Jeff Funk]
    #514441 - 01/16/11 10:26 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I would flush it if it did that last time.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: Start of 7th week, and giving a dose of Gravity. [Re: mhbound]
    #514443 - 01/16/11 10:34 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Thats what i was thinking. I also gave it to one of my bubblegum plants that is starting the 5th week. During the flush prior to the gravity the leaves already started to droop a little from lack of nutes. I was just wondering will it be alright after gravity for 3 days, and plain water for 1 day. Four days without nutes shouldnt hurt them that bad right?

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
    #514447 - 01/16/11 10:46 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

They'll be fine without food for that long. I personally have never used gravity but its been around for awhile and people use it like you are going to for 3-4 days and then flush 3 days after they stop using it and then start back to regular feeding.

Not recommending doing that, I would stick to using it for 3 days and water for 1 day after since thats what you seem confortable with, these people I'm referring to had apparently been using it for awhile and tweaked it for their setup.

Be careful and don't overdo it. I've read a few stories where people had budrot from overusing it but for all I know it may not be true they may have messed up and put the blame on the gravity.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: Start of 7th week, and giving a dose of Gravity. [Re: mhbound]
    #514451 - 01/16/11 10:50 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah i didnt wanna over do it thats why i stuck with using 1ml/gallon instead of using 2ml. I dont wanna do too much experimenting with dosage since i've seen what that stuff does when things go bad. Plus im a caregiver and my patients or I cant afford loosing anymore plants to it at the moment.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #514652 - 01/17/11 03:28 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I flush after using gravity as well.  But I only flush by say I'm using a 1 gallon pot I'll run 3 to 5 gallons of water thru the pot.  Then feed as I was before using it.  Never had a nute burn issue doing it this way.

I have however had light burn from forgetting to rasie the lights a few inches while using gravity tho.

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Start of 7th week, and giving a dose of Gravity. [Re: Stoneth]
    #514984 - 01/18/11 08:05 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

:confused: I have yet to burn my girls with it...

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: Start of 7th week, and giving a dose of Gravity. [Re: RasJeph]
    #516744 - 01/21/11 06:20 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

This time around i didnt experience any nute or light burn. But i have noticed that one of my bubblegum i gave it to are starting to shed some of her fan leaves. All other leaves are green but a bit droopy im thinking from the flush. And the buds are perfect lime green full of bubblegum aroma. Is it normal for the plants to start shedding leaves? Its coming to the end of week 5,but after the gravity the overall plant looks like its in about week 7.

Also gave the gravity to my kush plants, but they didnt miss a beat thru the gravity and flush she remained standing tall.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #516751 - 01/21/11 06:28 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Could just be a strain thing.  Are you at the end of week 5?  56-60 day strain?  If so then you're really at the end of your plants life, the next two weeks will be devoted to bulking up those buds.  As long as your entire plant is not going downhill I wouldn't be too concerned about it.  Leaves die, it happens, just keep your eye on it and if it starts to spread then you should take action.

I've used gravity a few times with no problem, I just fed it along with 1/4 strength nutes, raised the lights by a foot or so, and let 'er rip.  I stopped using it but I'm thinking of adding it back in again.  It really does what it says it does, nice rock hard buds at the end.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: Start of 7th week, and giving a dose of Gravity. [Re: coda]
    #516760 - 01/21/11 06:43 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Yes. The start of the 6th week will be Sunday. Im pretty sure its a 56-60 day strain. Dont know for sure its my first time growing out the bubblegum. I was guesdong it would take about 9 weeks including a good flush. But i should probably go look that up. Since i received it as a clone i dont know the exact times.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #516769 - 01/21/11 06:57 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Right on, yah you should be fine then.  Given its an 8 week strain it's perfectly normal for this to happen.  Some strains also are more prone to this then others in that no matter what you do, you will see fans yellow and die as they near the end of its life.

The kushberry I've grown does it, three times I've grown it, three times the leaves yellowed then purpled as it neared the harvest time.  So ya, no problems IMO with your grow :smile:

--------------------

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

#516932 - 01/21/11 11:17 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Hell yeah that exactly how its looking. It just seems like the process sped up after getting the gravity. But thanks for your help and info.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #517058 - 01/22/11 09:12 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

right on, well if your buds are looking like mine are I'd say you're in great shape!  If you have small spindly looking buds then you definitely have problems, but judging from your posts I'm assuming you have some nice looking flowers.  Just keep up with your feedings and care and you should realize a great harvest in the end.  That kushberry plant gave me 3.5 ozs :smile:

--------------------

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

#517075 - 01/22/11 09:50 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

No the buds are definately getting fatter, just losing a lot of fan leaves. Thats a pretty good yield. I trying to figure out what the next strain I'm gonna grow out from the Skunk Train gear. So far I've only cracked the Sleestack x Skunk out of the bunch. I can't wait to see the outcome.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #517103 - 01/22/11 10:33 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I gave away my Kandy Kush and Sleestack x Skunk to a friend I haven't talked to since I've given them to him.  Hopefully I'll be able to get a copy or two if he found some girls because I wanted to try them out.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies