Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

ph up/ph down
    #513066 - 01/11/11 06:16 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

will ph up and ph down made by a pool supply house work as well or should i buy the specific hydro brand?

thanks for the info and time guys.

--------------------
Everyone are you ready for doom,
Because I've blackened the sun,
And I've bloodied the moon.
I bring gloom when I step in the room,
With the fumes of a tomb.
flowers bloom when Im taken away
:rofldrunk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegrbrlt
Kenny fuckin' Powers

Re: ph up/ph down [Re: lostinbq]
    #513245 - 01/12/11 02:40 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

yes it should work but the ph up\down are cheap like 10$ each for the small bottles and a lot goes along way, just remember they make them for a reason. you can technicly use lemons and baking soda to change the ph, also it's just not recomended using things that are not for hydro they can lead to deficiency problems, bacteria and remember your going to smoke that in the end!

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

Re: ph up/ph down [Re: grbrlt]
    #513336 - 01/12/11 11:09 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

i just set up mu one bubble bucket and added the nutes and all and checked it a hour later and it was reading around 6.0 now. i am gona do another reading in the morning to see if my nutes lowered it that much.
yea i found 1.5 pounds of this crystal ph down for hydroponics for 16$ total. 8 for material and 8 for shipping. 1.5 pounds should go along way:vaped:

--------------------

Offlinegrbrlt
Kenny fuckin' Powers

#513353 - 01/13/11 05:41 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

your ph will change all the time but the trick is just to keep it in the best range possible. you will pull your hair out if you check and change it a few times a day it will be different every time. what i do is keep an eye on it and top it off with ph balanced water when needed i let it climb to 6.2 to 6.3 then top off res. with some 5.6 this usually keeps my ph in check, get a feel for the products your using then you know what ph to buffer the res. with. trying to keep it at 5.8 all the time is impossible but stay inside the range 5.6 to 6.3 and everything will be fine.

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

#513357 - 01/13/11 07:53 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

thanks for the advice. my first hydro goal is not to kill them lol. ph will normally rise right not drop as the week goes on if you are going from high ph water 6.8 right. bear with me i have not had coffee yet. i get paid tomorrow so i might as well pick up the both just in case and pay the 1 time shipping fee. eh 24$ for 1.5 lbs of up and 1.5 lbs of down cant beat that..

--------------------

Offlinegrbrlt
Kenny fuckin' Powers

#513387 - 01/13/11 12:52 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

you should only need one save the money for something better most people i talk to say they use just ph down using both means you put to much of one in. I use ph down only my tap water is 6.2, after nutes it goes down to 5.8 then after a day or two i use ph down then buy the time the ph climbs again to 6.3 to 6.5 it's time to change the res. Good Luck

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

#513625 - 01/14/11 12:50 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

agreed, I really only use my pH Down. the only time I use pH up is if I accidentally use too much pH Down.

--------------------

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom.

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

Re: ph up/ph down [Re: ChillWillis]
    #513694 - 01/14/11 03:44 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

cool beans guys. what brand do you use. would you advise on liquid, powder, or crystal? got paid today so im looking to order some later tonight. gona smoke a bowl and shoot some :zombie2: on black ops for the time being. maby shoot some kids in the face other than my own.

--------------------

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

#513811 - 01/14/11 10:19 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

fyi, just because we only necessarily need pH down doesn't mean you won't need pH up.
buy the General Hydroponics pH adjuster kit. comes with pH up, pH down, and the handy dandy pH test drops
its only like $15-20 and 100% necessary plus it lasts for like a year

--------------------

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #513889 - 01/15/11 03:42 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ChillWillis said:
fyi, just because we only necessarily need pH down doesn't mean you won't need pH up.
buy the General Hydroponics pH adjuster kit. comes with pH up, pH down, and the handy dandy pH test drops

I don't know when I've ever needed to raise my pH, but I do use tap so I always need to lower.

I think using RO with a lot of nutrients at various strengths may make things just a little too acidic.

TO the OP: Anything can be used for pHing, so long as it doesn't disassociate into harmful shit. Look at the threads I made and I asked about using muratic acid but fumbled the formula and sparked some useful discussion. I just spent some cash on some legit pH stuff from the hydroshop to avoid hassle, chemical burns, oh yeah and I got some citric acid from the brewing store which seems to be worth it's weight in gold just as a pHer but it apparently has effects on the Kreb's cycle for providing the necessary citric acid to maximize the metabolism of the plant while lights are off. A good guy I've been talking to on ICMAG spurr who is a plant physiologist backs up basically anything he says anyone challenges (to my recollection) and will tell you cannabis is just another C3 plant and will grow the most in early morning he helped me optimize some very complicated filtration/gas management for my grow room and I've seen quite a few in my time (not my own usually :P) and he seems to be worth a look you could say.

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

#513953 - 01/15/11 11:34 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

ok sweet i found another hydro store around here only 25 min away(the one on the way home from classes just fuckin disappeared....) they carry all brands possible he said. if he don't have it and i want it he will get it shipped under his account for free:vaped:
Quote:

ChillWillis said:

and i use tap water with a ph of 6.8 after my veg base nutes are added it goes to 6.0-5.9 if my ph where to go down all i would have to do is add a lil tap water at 6.8 to raise it a bit right. ill see what he has today if i can get out there by 5pm. if not i can wait till tuesday when he is open again.

much appreciated guys. btw what is RO. new to hydro so maby i should know what pplz mean.

--------------------

Edited by lostinbq (01/15/11 11:35 AM)

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

#513978 - 01/15/11 01:25 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

RO is reverse osmosis filtration. it takes all the shit in your tap water out bringing PPM down significantly.

I used pH up today because I accidentally used too much pH down and I don't have direct access to water where I was mixing up, plus I bought the kit because it came with that 3-drop tester so I got pH up anyway - might as well use it :wink:

--------------------

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

#514048 - 01/15/11 05:33 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

yea i can see how it will come in handy. picked up a bottle of up and down for 14 bucks.. no shipping. only a 20 min drive and this guy has very competitive prices. GH nutes are only 14$ a bottle compared to what i saw online with shipping. i know where im going with my next paycheck:vaped:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order