Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemad capper
old head
Male

old grower making a comeback
    #512552 - 01/10/11 01:19 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

hey everyone out there! Im new to the growery, but not new to growing. I was schooled on the west coast in the 90s. The bulk of my grows has been in soiless mixes in 5 gallon grow bags, with pre made organic teas like earth juice, foxfarm , and fish emulsions like Alaska and Neptunes . also used Maxicrop , Superthrive.

I havent grown in 10 years , but not alot has changed at first glance. Ofcourse lighting has a lil bit. I was stoked to run across this site while posting on the shroomery. This a great resource!! Just wanted to poke my head out and say hey

--------------------
*constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil ~ jerry garcia*

Mad Capper's Moonshine Tek under construction lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

Re: old grower making a comeback [Re: mad capper]
    #512578 - 01/10/11 03:09 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Hi there Old Grower.  I am kind of in the same boat, except that I only help others grow now.  I eat my medicine sparingly, so I have no use for my own production when loving :heart: friends are perpetually harvesting. 

I would like to point out something called a "hempy bucket" that is posted a lot on the site.  If you have not heard of them yet, it is a new-ish take on simplified hydroponics.  I have applied it to green pepper and tomato production with very good results.  In my opinion, it is one of the most significant grow methods to become popular in recent years.

Good luck to you.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

InvisiblePandor

Re: old grower making a comeback [Re: CrayolaHalls]
    #512644 - 01/10/11 05:34 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Hey mad capper! We shared many thread in mushroom cultivation. Nice to see you over here.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
    #512661 - 01/10/11 06:00 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mad capper said:
hey everyone out there! Im new to the growery, but not new to growing. I was schooled on the west coast in the 90s. The bulk of my grows has been in soiless mixes in 5 gallon grow bags, with pre made organic teas like earth juice, foxfarm , and fish emulsions like Alaska and Neptunes . also used Maxicrop , Superthrive.

I havent grown in 10 years , but not alot has changed at first glance. Ofcourse lighting has a lil bit. I was stoked to run across this site while posting on the shroomery. This a great resource!! Just wanted to poke my head out and say hey

Hello and welcome.:highfive:

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlinemad capper
old head
Male

Re: old grower making a comeback [Re: Pandor]
    #512694 - 01/10/11 06:46 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

hey yea good to see you growing! i saw some of your thread earlier today good stuff. peat pots were kinda hit or miss for me tho . i like starting seedlings in 16 oz plastic solo cups in a soilless mix with organic pre made teas. i like the hempy bucket , seems similar to what i was doing just in grow bags.

Crayolahalls thank you for the info i have been reading about hempy buckets all day lol!!! Seriously i have!!!! It does sound very appealling to me and along the lines of my old growing style so i want to try this method right out of the gate.

thanks for the welcome and look forward to reading the posts and learning and maybe helping too lol!!

--------------------
*constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil ~ jerry garcia*

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

#512984 - 01/11/11 12:42 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

hey there capper, it's to have another grower with some experience! the cultivation section can be kind of slow normally but there's always the same few green thumbs popping in and out thankfully.

anyway glad to have you, see ya around

--------------------

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom.

Offlinemad capper
old head
Male

Re: old grower making a comeback [Re: ChillWillis]
    #513227 - 01/12/11 01:11 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Hey Chill!! yea ive noticed that its a lil slower over here, especially compared to its sister site. At any rate, ive already learned some new tricks from the info gained here. We didnt have this resource when i started out. Everything was books and tips from other growers. Looking forward to reading your posts and getting to know you guys in the community. Growing is my true passion!!! I enjoy growing mushrooms but it just seems so tedious at times. And I really love distilling whiskey but I'd rather grow weed than anything else...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract