Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

Helping out
    #511007 - 01/04/11 10:32 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Once every couple of years a friend asks me to help them do their first grow.  This is one that was just recently completed.

• Northern Lights FEM from Nirvana
  • 5 weeks from seed planting to 12/12 switch
  • 8 weeks exactly in flower
  • 400w HPS
  • FFOF w/ extra perlite and medium grain coco-coir
  • amended with GH Flora series
  • in shop location where night time temperatures fell to 40f and daytime was up to 75f
  • all water was distilled and pH balanced to 6.5
  • Plant Success myco-goodies w/ molasses were fed every 2-3 waterings until week 3 of flowering

My friend seems very happy with his harvest.  Some of the leaf colors came out looking very Jamaican inspired.  Buds are very tight.  Seems a bit leafy, but the leaves we trimmed back to are thick with trichs.

This was his first grow and I can't say whether or not he did anything goofy while I wasn't around.  A lot of the first timers I help think they can do "helpful experimentation", but it usually causes issues.  Besides the ultra cold night time temps, I think this one went as expected.

For the most part, this reminds me of the NL from 20 years ago.  The main difference I found were that this plant developed an aroma that is like rubbing alcohol with a splash of lemon.  I remember it having a light earthy and musty smell.  Also, some areas of bud are pushing in to the light teal/blue range.  That was really unexpected.  In my flash those areas almost looked washed-out.

My friend took a wet pinch and fired it up.  It smelled like burnt lawn debris, but that was cause it was wet.  He choked like a SOB.  After 2 hits he stopped.  I think he got much much higher than expected cause he got really quiet.

Anyway I hope you enjoy the couple of pics I took.  I have been wanting to contribute more to the site and this seemed like a start.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAcidic_Sloth
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac
Re: Helping out [Re: CrayolaHalls]
    #511015 - 01/04/11 11:46 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

:awebig:

lovely!!!

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
Re: Helping out [Re: Acidic_Sloth]
    #511021 - 01/05/11 12:03 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Man I hope my NL turns out anywhere close to that... :thumbup:

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

OfflineDRAGON
Doors of Perception
Male

Loc: Somewhere in the Universe
Re: Helping out [Re: muse42]
    #511032 - 01/05/11 03:12 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

That is a beautiful first grow/harvest. Major Kudos!!:awehigh:

--------------------
"I know that I know nothing"

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
Re: Helping out [Re: CrayolaHalls]
    #511039 - 01/05/11 04:09 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I love the fact that while you no longer grow for yourself, you still help new growers. Beautiful buds, it seems that you haven't lost your touch since you stopped :awesomenod:

--------------------

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

Re: Helping out [Re: T-Rex]
    #511094 - 01/05/11 12:11 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

T-Rex said:
I love the fact that while you no longer grow for yourself, you still help new growers. Beautiful buds, it seems that you haven't lost your touch since you stopped :awesomenod:

I love everything about how cannabis grows.  The control we have learned with it is amazing.  I would grow it all over my yard and give it away if it were legal.  Helping friends gives me a way to keep interacting with the plants.  I consume too little to do my own grows; although, I am sure one day the temptation will hit me to plug in a 1000w and pop some sativa or haze seeds.  Maybe when I retire...

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: Helping out [Re: CrayolaHalls] * 1
    #514183 - 01/16/11 01:05 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

those look great, i love how when i click to zoom in, the picture sparkles from the trichomes

--------------------

OfflineShroomofdoom
Menace 2 Society
Male

Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: Helping out [Re: iStoner]
    #514408 - 01/16/11 06:58 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Welp looks like I need to check out Nirvanas Northern lights!

Those look beautiful, very nice work.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder