Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineShaggy420
Male

US: Doctor faces being struck off after prescribing cannabis to woman six-months pregnant after THRE * 1
    #508768 - 12/25/10 11:33 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Mail On-Line

Friday 24 Dec 2010
Doctor faces being struck off after prescribing cannabis to woman six-months pregnant after THREE-MINUTE chat

A doctor who prescribed cannabis to a woman who was six-months pregnant after only a THREE-MINUTE consultation faces being struck off.

Dr Manuel de Jesus Aquino allowed the unnamed 20-year-old woman to smoke only three months before giving birth – and her baby tested positive for cannabis when it was born.

In July the 69-year-old also wrote two cannabis prescriptions for undercover narcotics police and could lose his medical license, becoming the first to do so on marijuana-related charges in Denver.

Dr Aquino did not ask the woman if she was pregnant in the January consultation and she did not provide the information voluntarily, according to a complaint, filed by the Colorado Attorney General's Office of behalf of the Colorado Medical Board.

The formal complaint accuses Dr Aquino of not performing a thorough review of the woman's medical history, and not performing standard tests such as listening to her heart and taking her blood pressure.

During their three-minute interaction, he did not examine her or ask why she needed the marijuana, or discuss with her the risks of using marijuana or the alternatives, according to the complaint.

When her baby was born on April 8, the child tested positive for marijuana during his urine drug screening and had initial feeding difficulties.

The doctor's license was suspended in November by The Colorado Medical Board following the accusation of recommending the cannabis.

'Pregnancy is a contraindication for the use of medical marijuana,' the complaint said.

'[Aquino failed] to meet the generally accepted standard of medical practice and committed unprofessional conduct.'

Dr Aquino was providing recommendations out of the Back to the Garden Health and Wellness Center at 1547 Gaylord Street in Denver.

The owner of that medical marijuana dispensary said Dr Aquino was just one out of several doctors that they work with.

He was issued a medical license in 1974 in Michigan and has been licensed in Colorado since February 2007, according to the Department of Regulatory Agencies.

In July, Aurora police arrested Dr Aquino, identified as Aquino-Villaman, for writing medical marijuana prescriptions to two undercover narcotics officers.

Aurora police said he was writing medical marijuana recommendations to persons who were not ill.

The drug detectives said they began their five-month long investigation after encountering disproportionate numbers of 'patients' in possession of with medical marijuana recommendations from Dr Aquino.

The doctor spent a few minutes with the officers and charged them $125 each for the consultation and the medical marijuana recommendation, Aurora police said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1341184/Doctor-faces-struck-prescribing-cannabis-woman-months-pregnant-THREE-MINUTE-chat.html#ixzz193Hpwhtb

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: US: Doctor faces being struck off after prescribing cannabis to woman six-months pregnant after THRE [Re: Shaggy420] * 1
    #508779 - 12/25/10 12:00 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

How very unprofessional of him to prescribe it like all other doctors prescribe all pharmaceuticals

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: US: Doctor faces being struck off after prescribing cannabis to woman six-months pregnant after THRE [Re: Shaggy420] * 1
    #508799 - 12/25/10 02:42 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

thats bullshit, she knew goddamn well what marijuana does when you're prego, you learn about that shit in 1st grade.

again, we should test people for stupidity not for drugs. thats this persons own damn fault she knew exactly what would happen and im guessing HID the information for her doctor in order to get her high.

plus i bet the baby will be 100% fine and the fucking MOTHER should be taking most of the blame. maybe she should lose some weight so the doctor could fucking tell whether she was pregnant or not.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: US: Doctor faces being struck off after prescribing cannabis to woman six-months pregnant after THRE [Re: mhbound] * 1
    #508814 - 12/25/10 05:09 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mhbound said:
thats bullshit, she knew goddamn well what marijuana does when you're prego, you learn about that shit in 1st grade.

what actually does it do when your pregnant? :confused:

ive never read any actual proof that it does cause harm during pregnancy. and even if it did, i bet it causes less harm than achohol or tobacco, which so many people use while pregnant.

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#508836 - 12/25/10 08:22 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

TrippyStoner420 said:
Quote:

mhbound said:

what actually does it do when your pregnant? :confused:

ive never read any actual proof that it does cause harm during pregnancy. and even if it did, i bet it causes less harm than achohol or tobacco, which so many people use while pregnant.

exactly, i mean they say it does shit but no proof...

never do you hear of a marijuana baby, only crack or meth babies.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery
Re: US: Doctor faces being struck off after prescribing cannabis to woman six-months pregnant after THRE [Re: mhbound] * 1
    #509013 - 12/26/10 09:03 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

So it's ok for a doctor to prescribe vicodin to a woman who is 2 months pregnant and continue to fill the prescription up until the birth of the child and even while breast feeding the baby. But it's not ok for a doctor to recommend mj to a woman he didn't even know was pregnant?

Im not defending the guy at all tho. If people want to use marijuana recreationally then go ahead but don't try to get a med card for it. It's this type of stupidity from doctors that could ruin it for the people who genuinely NEED this medicine. They should not only put a stop to doctors doing this but should also charge the so called "patient" with deception to obtain.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Re: US: Doctor faces being struck off after prescribing cannabis to woman six-months pregnant after THRE [Re: c99hunter] * 1
    #509019 - 12/26/10 09:12 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

she should lose weight so people can tell that shes prego, or she should tell a DOCTOR on her own will...i mean thats the first thing i would tell a doc...

jus sayin

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery
    #509050 - 12/27/10 12:01 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mhbound said:
she should lose weight so people can tell that shes prego, or she should tell a DOCTOR on her own will...i mean thats the first thing i would tell a doc...

jus sayin

Exactly, but the point is, this doctor was blindly recommending mj to anyone and everyone just to make a buck. He's a doctor, he should be able to make money without doing that. It is just bad news for the medical MJ community and could slow progress in other non med states from becoming med states.

Offlinethe man

Re: US: Doctor faces being struck off after prescribing cannabis to woman six-months pregnant after THRE [Re: c99hunter] * 1
    #509068 - 12/27/10 02:14 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

i wonder what she needed it so badly while prego? although im sure the child is fine, there is to much of an what if factor. although mj has very ew side effects they are a concern to a child. babies are pretty hardy and brains rewire easier then older but the potential hormone disruption during development i think is a real concern.

what i think is worse 2 things that are linked to alot more of severe problems you can get OTC. cigs booze various other meds. A bit of off topic comment but people really need to take there health into there own hands and dont sue everyone for malpractice and shit (who is pressing charges?) although there must be some level of responsibility and trust in Drs but there is no way they have any comprehensive knowledge of every drug and side effects interactions etc. so you really have to open a book and understand what you are putting in your body. i saved myself more heart damage and possible heart attack after visits to a dr about what was happening to me and what i was on. Turns out was the med i was on and is a not so uncommon effect. obv there are circumstances where this is impossible. they lady obviously wanted to just smoke weed and would have done it regardless of the dr. so perhaps better she got pathogen free weed at least?? a responsible disp would have actually called the dr when they noticed perhaps she is not the best candidate for weed. this is one of the reasons i think it very silly that workers are hardly pharmacists and just likely stoners with a bit of strain and drug chart knowledge.

sorry for the unlinear thought puke..

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order