Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSteve Buscemi

Fox Farm Nutrients and supplements?
    #507618 - 12/21/10 01:46 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I intend to use:
Grow Big - veg
Tiger Bloom - flowering
Beastie Blooms - also flowering

My question is: there are 2 other supplements and one other nutrient mix, Do I actually need all of them or can I get by with what I listed? Together everything would run about $200 :crazy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegrbrlt
Kenny fuckin' Powers

Re: Fox Farm Nutrients and supplements? [Re: Steve Buscemi]
    #507640 - 12/21/10 03:09 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

those three are the baseline nutes and it will do and when you get a few more dollars get the other additives they will make a difference [mostly bud weight and taste], get a little experience under your belt and go from there but the three base nutes will get you a crop.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #507782 - 12/21/10 09:11 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I'm currently using Fox Farm, if you grow hydro I found that if you use the Veg Nutrient that is made for soil and use it hydro you only have to use half as much and it works just as good.

I like the Beastie Blooms but I do use Cha Ching and Open Sesame with it.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineSteve Buscemi

Re: Fox Farm Nutrients and supplements? [Re: Magash]
    #507831 - 12/21/10 11:02 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Ocean Forrest
Grow Big
Tiger Bloom
Beastie Blooms
flush mix at the end

fox farms price rundown if I use all their nutes:
Happy Frog $15
Grow Big $18
Big Bloom $18
Tiger Bloom $18
Cha Cha $30
Open Sesame $30
Beastie Blooms $30
Bush doctor $18

It cant possibly be that expensive to grow a bigger flower.

Edited by Steve Buscemi (02/05/11 01:41 PM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #507848 - 12/21/10 11:54 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Big Bloom I don't like to use in hydro systems. Bush doctor I really don't have a use for. The others I have used and like. :potleaf:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

OfflineSteve Buscemi

#507855 - 12/22/10 12:16 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I'm going soil on this one, I'd like to build a dwc eventually, I have all the stuff but just haven't started yet. I didn't realize until today that I'm using all organic products with fox farm, When I get some clones going i'd like to try out a hydro system. All organic isn't really that important to me.

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

#507879 - 12/22/10 01:10 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I met the local Fox Farm rep on Monday.  He was visiting one of the area's hydro stores.  He told me the same thing the GH rep did: that their basic system is all you really need.  He said the extra products are for people who really have their methods down; otherwise, you might waste them or, worse, burn your plant.

Is cool to see that FF is teaching their sales agents to be honest.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Fox Farm Nutrients and supplements? [Re: CrayolaHalls]
    #507913 - 12/22/10 06:25 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

They are pretty cool. Take a truck to their main building in Humboldt and they will fill the back of it with Ocean Forest or Happy Frog for 60 bucks. With my truck it works out to about 1.50 for a normal size bags worth. :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #507922 - 12/22/10 07:24 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

What other nutrients do you use in veg Magash? What application rates? I've always heard Foxfarm is the best bang for the buck for a multi bottle nutrient program.

Foxfarm's Grow Big soil formula(greenbottle)has an NPK of 6-4-4 The hydro version of grow big (blue bottle) and has a NPK of 3-2-6. I wonder how they went about formulating their soil vs hydro NPK values. Personally I think I'd rather use the hydro formula for hydro and increase the Nitrogen in veg rather than increasing the potassium on the Soil formula. I like the ratios of Floranova Grow @ 7-4-10 and play around with them a bit adding calcium nitrate and some potassium silicate.

Do you think you would be so kind as to post up some of the information given on the bottles? I really want to give FoxFarm a test drive since I've always bashed their nutrients but never tried them.

Apparently the grow big has no magnesium either?

Quote:

Derived from: Ammonium Sulfate, Ammonium Phosphate, Urea, Blood Meal, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Sulfate, Earthworm Castings, Norwegian Kelp, iron EDTA, zinc EDTA, manganese EDTA, copper EDTA, chelating agent, Disodium Ethylenediamine Tetra Acetate (EDTA), sodium borate, and sodium molybdate.

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #507925 - 12/22/10 07:39 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Steve Buscemi said:
I intend to use:
Grow Big - veg
Tiger Bloom - flowering
Beastie Blooms - also flowering

My question is: there are 2 other supplements and one other nutrient mix, Do I actually need all of them or can I get by with what I listed? Together everything would run about $200 :crazy:

The grow big doesn't have any magnesium as far as I know their labels aren't easy to find online or I just suck at searching.

Epsom salts are cheap and fix magnesium problems easily.

DO you plan to grow in hydro or soil? IMO I wouldn't bother using FF soil for a number of reasons the main reason being cost and quality of the soil for my particular situation. I also wouldn't bother using their non organic nutrients on a soil crop just because personally I think soil should remain organic I don't see the point in growing non organic soil when you can get better results in coco for probably less money.

OfflineSteve Buscemi

Re: Fox Farm Nutrients and supplements? [Re: maryanne3087]
    #507958 - 12/22/10 11:07 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Well I'll have to make due for now, I think next week I'll go get a bag of Ocean Forrest and the Bloom nutes.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #507962 - 12/22/10 11:17 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

What other nutrients do you use in veg Magash? What application rates? I've always heard Foxfarm is the best bang for the buck for a multi bottle nutrient program.

Right now just the Grow Big for soil. (being used in a hydro set up)

I'm using it at 900 to 1100PPM.

Plants are growing very well using it but I'm moving on to testing some other nutrients in the next few days. Like I said if I don't test it I can't post about it. (By the way the colloidal silver tests are successful beyond belief) :wink:

--------------------

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #507967 - 12/22/10 11:48 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Do you use tap water or epsom salts? As far as the label is concerned this product apparently contains no Mg.

OfflineSteve Buscemi

Re: Fox Farm Nutrients and supplements? [Re: maryanne3087]
    #508006 - 12/22/10 02:31 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Any advice welcomed.

Edited by Steve Buscemi (02/05/11 01:43 PM)

Offlinegrbrlt
Kenny fuckin' Powers

#508050 - 12/22/10 04:56 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

always use a fan to circulate stale air,and use plant covers to cover the top of the medium this will keep the mold to a minimum, water less in damp conditions. There is a product called damp rid you can hang in your grow room when dampness is a problem but when the seasons change again make sure you take it out. Always run a fan it will help stir up the air it doesn't necessarily have to be on the plants but mold grows best in warm stagnate moist well lighted conditions just like the grow room you built so again fan fan fan!

OfflineSteve Buscemi

Re: Fox Farm Nutrients and supplements? [Re: grbrlt]
    #508056 - 12/22/10 05:07 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Edited by Steve Buscemi (02/05/11 01:43 PM)

Offlinegrbrlt
Kenny fuckin' Powers

#508061 - 12/22/10 05:36 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

steve I started just like you slow and steady feeling my way through I only had a few grows in a couple years things take time, there are many things to go wrong and only one right way but have a good time and keep a notebook. try putting a light cover over the peat where you see white mold, you can probally lightly mist w\water and H2o2 to kill the white spots. have any pics could it be a salt build up of some kind?

OfflineSteve Buscemi

Re: Fox Farm Nutrients and supplements? [Re: grbrlt]
    #508064 - 12/22/10 05:55 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Nah no pics yet, not really wanting to do a log of the grow. Just troubleshooting.

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

Loc: its cold
    #508303 - 12/23/10 06:27 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

deleted

Edited by sveumy (12/23/10 06:32 PM)

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Loc: Left Coast
Re: Fox Farm Nutrients and supplements? [Re: sveumy]
    #511093 - 01/05/11 12:05 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Fox Farm also has the "Bush Doctor" line as well as a clearing solution just like Clearex.  I haven't used these yet, though I do use everything else from FF's line.  I don't intend to buy the Bushdoctor line either

The first two products look identical when you read them described online, but here's a simple summation of what the three products are:

The Microbe Brew is supposed to be for the soil.

Kangaroots is supposed to be a root stimulant.

Sledgehammer is a salt leeching solution just like Clearex from Botanicare.

--------------------
Shroomery.org

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies