Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShameMaker
Male

Loc: Rocky Mountain High State
Help me cure my bud
    #506345 - 12/18/10 02:43 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

What is the best way to cure my bud from harvest?  Plz Lmk.

--------------------

When I feel ashamed I get so scared.  It makes me want to hurt you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDRAGON
Doors of Perception
Male

Loc: Somewhere in the Universe
Re: Help me cure my bud [Re: ShameMaker]
    #506349 - 12/18/10 05:34 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Get an air tight jar. The one's with the rubber stopper. Make sure your bud is cracker dry before put you them in the jar. Otherwise they'll be highly susceptible to mold. Open the jar every now and again throughout the day. The jars have to be in cool dark place. And in about a month or two. You should have some cured bud.

--------------------
"I know that I know nothing"

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Help me cure my bud [Re: ShameMaker]
    #506363 - 12/18/10 08:30 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ShameMaker said:
What is the best way to cure my bud from harvest?  Plz Lmk.

Hang your buds upside down and let them air dry in a cool dark place(low humidity)..to see if they are ready to bring down snap a stem in half in a few places and if they all snap in half not fold in half then they are ready for jars.

Stick them in a brown paper bag like from the grocery store. Don't fill each bag more than 2-3 inches with buds. Every day(maybe twice a day) rotate your buds by hand slowly to be sure all buds and all sides of buds are getting air. This is where you will slowly dry out the inside of the buds while still preserving the inside at the same time.

After a few days in the bag they can be moved to jars now where you need to lightly pack them in and every day open them, take the buds out and put them back in the jar in a different order than you took them out. This needs to be done at least once a day for the first couple of weeks and then you can lay off a little if you desire, I would just do it once a day just to be sure they were getting evenly dried

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Loc: Left Coast
Re: Help me cure my bud [Re: mhbound]
    #506397 - 12/18/10 11:09 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Here's a good post from Coda on this:

Quote:

coda said:
  Drying is directly related to the Rh of your area that you dry in.  Higher Rh means a slower drying time due to the moisture in the air.  The more arid your drying area is the faster your buds will dry.

That being said a slower drying period is much preferred.  This allows any sugars in the buds to be converted into terpenes, allows the chlorophyll to leach out, and allows for a smoother smoke.  Generally you want your drying area to be around 25-35% RH (you can go higher but it requires more attention for bud rot), and you want your drying period to be at least a week.  You want to hear a nice audible *SNAP* when you break the stems.  Personally i try and crack the stems nearest to the buds, thicker stalks will take longer to dry so your bud may be dry before the stem.  A better way to check is to snap the stem within the bud.  If that snaps you know your bud is dry enough for the jars.

If your stems aren't dry enough to snap when bent then your bud isn't dry enough for jars.  The excess moisture within the buds will build up too quickly in your jars and you'll wake up to cobweb covered nuggets.  To fix this i would take a small paper bag and fill it no more then 2/3rds of the way full.  Crimp the top of the bag.  Then let it sit for a few more days making sure to open the bag and move the buds around at least once a day.  Once your stems snap cleanly and the buds are nice and crispy are you able to toss them in a jar.  Once they're in the jar i would open them once when you get up, move the buds around, and let the jar stand open for 10-15 mins.  Then, before you go to bed, repeat the process.

Cool. :bonghit2:

oooorrrrr, if you don't trust yourself to do that you can buy a small hygrometer and leave it inside the jar.  This process is explained in a thread on a different site here:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=156237
Not necessary, but good if you're really worried about this step and eager to spend another $25.

--------------------
Shroomery.org

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
Re: Help me cure my bud [Re: Psuper]
    #506400 - 12/18/10 11:45 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Here's a good post from Coda on this:

Quote:

coda said:
  Drying is directly related to the Rh of your area that you dry in.  Higher Rh means a slower drying time due to the moisture in the air.  The more arid your drying area is the faster your buds will dry.

That being said a slower drying period is much preferred.  This allows any sugars in the buds to be converted into terpenes, allows the chlorophyll to leach out, and allows for a smoother smoke.  Generally you want your drying area to be around 25-35% RH (you can go higher but it requires more attention for bud rot), and you want your drying period to be at least a week.  You want to hear a nice audible *SNAP* when you break the stems.  Personally i try and crack the stems nearest to the buds, thicker stalks will take longer to dry so your bud may be dry before the stem.  A better way to check is to snap the stem within the bud.  If that snaps you know your bud is dry enough for the jars.

If your stems aren't dry enough to snap when bent then your bud isn't dry enough for jars.  The excess moisture within the buds will build up too quickly in your jars and you'll wake up to cobweb covered nuggets.  To fix this i would take a small paper bag and fill it no more then 2/3rds of the way full.  Crimp the top of the bag.  Then let it sit for a few more days making sure to open the bag and move the buds around at least once a day.  Once your stems snap cleanly and the buds are nice and crispy are you able to toss them in a jar.  Once they're in the jar i would open them once when you get up, move the buds around, and let the jar stand open for 10-15 mins.  Then, before you go to bed, repeat the process.

Cool.

This is what I do.  I smoke the first jar as the process is going on. I love experiencing your bud getting better as time goes on.

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery
Re: Help me cure my bud [Re: muse42]
    #506426 - 12/18/10 03:43 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I use a caliber 3 hygrometer and what I do is hang dry them for a few days until the outside feels crispy but the stems bend not snap. I then load them in jars with the caliber 3 and watch the rh. If its above 70 then I take them out and let them sit a few hours. If they are between 55-64 rh then I leave the lid closed only opening it a few minutes per day. Search "a perfect cure every time" over on IC.

Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery
Re: Help me cure my bud [Re: c99hunter]
    #506427 - 12/18/10 03:48 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Here is a portion of the post.

Quote:

+70% RH - too wet, needs to sit outside the jar to dry for 12-24 hours, depending.

65-70% RH - the product is almost in the cure zone, if you will. It can be slowly brought to optimum RH by opening the lid for 2-4 hours.

60-65% RH - the stems snap, the product feels a bit sticky, and it is curing.

55-60% RH - at this point it can be stored for an extended period (3 months or more) without worrying about mold. The product will continue to cure.

Below 55% RH - the RH is too low for the curing process to take place. The product starts to feel brittle. Once you've hit this point, nothing will make it better. Adding moisture won't restart the curing process; it will just make the product wet. If you measure a RH below 55% don't panic. Read below:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom