Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

holy shit
    #506303 - 12/17/10 09:03 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

:awewtf:

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
Re: holy shit [Re: THEBats]
    #506304 - 12/17/10 09:05 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Yea I can't watch all of that

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: holy shit [Re: T-Rex]
    #506305 - 12/17/10 09:05 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
    #506306 - 12/17/10 09:08 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Why would you ever play in public if you were so shit

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: holy shit [Re: T-Rex]
    #506321 - 12/17/10 09:51 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

lot of preteen angst in that first video.  my god.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

#506334 - 12/17/10 11:56 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
:awewtf:

Guitar was shit, but that kid's voice really had me laughing.  Sounded like a large bird getting hit by car.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #506341 - 12/18/10 01:31 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:

:rofl: That was incredible compared to their Comfortably numb cover.

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleAcidic_Sloth
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac
    #506342 - 12/18/10 01:45 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

total improv:

improv covers:

these don't actually suck, although the sound quality on the last video isn't the best.

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

Re: holy shit [Re: Acidic_Sloth]
    #506346 - 12/18/10 05:05 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

At least he is trying something different, in the first vid.

I bet half the people here could hardly decide which "is better", Led Zeppelin or Black Sabbath.

InvisibleAcidic_Sloth
 User Gallery

Re: holy shit [Re: eNtranceAsexit]
    #506350 - 12/18/10 05:38 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

that's my little brother, he's mostly just a guitarist and vocalist, but he played all the parts for that song: guitar, bass, drums, vocals, wrote the lyrics himself and composed the music. it was a fuck around kind of thing but i think it's pretty damn good. he was 18 when he did that, is 19 now.

the last two vids are from the other night, completely raw and unedited taken on his Samsung phone. the only one that is actually even edited at all is the first vid. he rocked out for us just feet from where i'm sitting now.

--------------------

Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--

Invisiblepsyberpunk
Lunatic

Loc: Behind a Pipe
Re: holy shit [Re: THEBats] * 1
    #506355 - 12/18/10 06:42 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:

I wish I'd been there on acid.

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

#506423 - 12/18/10 03:21 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:

I bet half the people here could hardly decide which "is better", Led Zeppelin or Black Sabbath.

Are you saying that you do not think that half of the people here have the ability to form an opinion???  :confused:

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

#506424 - 12/18/10 03:24 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Acidic_Sloth said:
that's my little brother, he's mostly just a guitarist and vocalist, but he played all the parts for that song: guitar, bass, drums, vocals, wrote the lyrics himself and composed the music. it was a fuck around kind of thing but i think it's pretty damn good. he was 18 when he did that, is 19 now.

the last two vids are from the other night, completely raw and unedited taken on his Samsung phone. the only one that is actually even edited at all is the first vid. he rocked out for us just feet from where i'm sitting now.

They deserve their own thread, not be in here with Screech Mc Two Notes.  I thought your posted videos at least showed people who had put some real effort in to their work.

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: holy shit [Re: eNtranceAsexit] * 1
    #506431 - 12/18/10 04:15 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:

Maybe because people who spend their time debating which artist is better don't care enough about the music.  Real musicians accept that once an artist reaches a certain point of technical proficiency, it's no longer an issue of who's better, it becomes an issue of whose music is subjectively more pleasing to your ears.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

InvisibleAcidic_Sloth
 User Gallery

Re: holy shit [Re: CrayolaHalls]
    #506485 - 12/18/10 07:47 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

i didn't really feel they were own thread worthy. maybe i was just too lazy to make a thread.

--------------------

--

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #506488 - 12/18/10 08:09 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Damn Slothie, your brother is good.  Good to see someone young playing good music and playing it good, not some bullshit.  I used to play those same songs when I was his age, still do. He did a damn good job on those Alice in Chains songs, the voice and all and Layne's singing was awesome.  He's damn good.  I'd like to see some more videos if you got them.  I wanna jam with him :lol:

oh, and TOTALLY threadworthy

--------------------

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #506526 - 12/18/10 11:23 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:

Maybe because people who spend their time debating which artist is better don't care enough about the music.  Real musicians accept that once an artist reaches a certain point of technical proficiency, it's no longer an issue of who's better, it becomes an issue of whose music is subjectively more pleasing to your ears.

I fully agree with what your trying to say. :thumbup:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

Re: holy shit [Re: CrayolaHalls]
    #506536 - 12/18/10 11:55 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

CrayolaHalls said:
Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:

Are you saying that you do not think that half of the people here have the ability to form an opinion???  :confused:

That is there own... Yes.

:thumbsu... :thumbsdow....... Ahhuhhhhh.... :uhoh:

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

Re: holy shit [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #506541 - 12/19/10 12:02 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
Quote:

THEBats said:
Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:

And yeah, no shite Bats... but I gotta say, I think never is it mindful to worry about who's technical "proficiency" is what and where at from the other... because it's all subjective. Even that first vid... everyone can make fun of it but... can you do better then that kid doing the music he is doing? I BET (yet again) that half the people here (another assumption but roll with my gumption) didn't even comprehend that as listenable music and merely concluded it was noise in less then two seconds... but seemingly wholly forget that there is entire generation and "genre" DEDICATED to pushing what boundaries rock music has or "Had", and by very skilled musicians too.

And you know what that means? If I am right, that means that half the people who have seen that vid at the top with the music, don't have any room to JUDGE.

Sorry, if I am not making a whole lot of sense... I am baked and I don't care. :zappa:

Retards will be retards.

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#506567 - 12/19/10 05:31 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I agree on what you're saying about the pushing the boundaries of what makes good music. I was thinking the same thing about the kid when I clicked the play button; what he's playing is probably "the shit" to him and his listeners.

But technical proficiency is not subjective. To me, tool sounds like shit, but they are very good musicians.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

InvisibleAcidic_Sloth
 User Gallery

Re: holy shit [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #506569 - 12/19/10 05:38 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

if he could fit in time between his girlfriend and work i'm sure he would be down to jam with you.

--------------------

--

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: holy shit [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk] * 1
    #506570 - 12/19/10 05:44 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
Quote:

THEBats said:

:rofl: That was incredible compared to their Comfortably numb cover.

:lol: Why do I find these guys so entertaining

Invisiblepsyberpunk
Lunatic

Loc: Behind a Pipe
Re: holy shit [Re: DungenessDank]
    #506591 - 12/19/10 09:27 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

If it was some neckbeard indie art band from Austin, everyone would think it was awesome.

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

Re: holy shit [Re: King Koopa]
    #506647 - 12/19/10 03:59 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

King Koopa said:
I agree on what you're saying about the pushing the boundaries of what makes good music. I was thinking the same thing about the kid when I clicked the play button; what he's playing is probably "the shit" to him and his listeners.

But technical proficiency is not subjective. To me, tool sounds like shit, but they are very good musicians.

Well, honestly.... the video kid is a newb. But what can expect from this day and age? If I see someone that isn't merely listening to the shitty new rap we get to hear nowadays or hipsters listening to other "cool looking" hipsters make "indie" music. (which I love too, but don't ONLY listen to bands that tousle their hair for the sake of what sounds I wanna keep for and too myself)

... If i see that... I give a little respect. Not a whole lot but... at least I try.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#506676 - 12/19/10 04:58 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:
Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
Quote:

THEBats said:
Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:

And yeah, no shite Bats... but I gotta say, I think never is it mindful to worry about who's technical "proficiency" is what and where at from the other... because it's all subjective. Even that first vid... everyone can make fun of it but... can you do better then that kid doing the music he is doing? I BET (yet again) that half the people here (another assumption but roll with my gumption) didn't even comprehend that as listenable music and merely concluded it was noise in less then two seconds... but seemingly wholly forget that there is entire generation and "genre" DEDICATED to pushing what boundaries rock music has or "Had", and by very skilled musicians too.

And you know what that means? If I am right, that means that half the people who have seen that vid at the top with the music, don't have any room to JUDGE.

Sorry, if I am not making a whole lot of sense... I am baked and I don't care. :zappa:

Retards will be retards.

I'm merely saying that being a good musician means obtaining the sound you want.  And knowing how to obtain that comes from technical proficiency.  Now what you choose to play with that is your own, but ultimately I judge a musician on being able to have complete control over their instrument, and to play what they hear in their head.

Also yes, I can play guitar light years ahead of that guy in the first video. Without timing it doesn't matter what notes he's hitting. And his timing is horrible.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#506678 - 12/19/10 05:02 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I wasn't talking about guitar.

And I can obtain sounds from other things then guitar... so can the emo kid; actually I'm just saying... he has a better concept of what music is, appearently, more then you do.

:hi:

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: holy shit [Re: eNtranceAsexit] * 1
    #506684 - 12/19/10 05:10 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Yes but in the context of the video obviously guitar would be an instrument to bring up.  And I guess if you really want to get picky, he's not a musician, but a performer.  He didn't create the music.  He most likely didn't read the music either.  He learned from tab.

And timing is still important.  Get that kid to play rhythm guitar and attempt to play in time with him. With out timing you have no music, just jumbled noise.

And it's laughable that you would assume he has a better concept of music.  Do you even play an instrument?

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

Edited by THEBats (12/19/10 05:11 PM)

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#506687 - 12/19/10 05:26 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Yes sir, I do. but... wait a minute... you mean to tell me that he actually tried to play another song. I just checked... IT IS TRUE. Damn it, I didn't read it in your post!

Well, I thought he just did that randomly... I mean the title was "I just got this symphony going..."

oops, yeAG, the guy's a tard. :lol:

And I here I thought he was trying to do some noisy performance art-rock. :durrhurr:

Oh well... and yeah, also, instrumentation isn't everything. Timing is good... but noise is good... and sound overall is good.

If you had the concept in your head to do something completely discordant and make it work in-time, then so that... if you want to make some with no rhythm and try keep in free time, go ahead.

Too me, that is music...

sorry, for trying to give that one the benefit of the doubt... I just thought it was going to be bagged on for it not "sounding right" or something. But I wouldn't have even said anything if I knew it was some cover. Ugh.

:hi:

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#506689 - 12/19/10 05:29 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Well then that explains some things.  Noise is good.  As is silence.  Also there are plenty of odd time signatures that produce the feeling of no beat, or a drifting one.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#506690 - 12/19/10 05:31 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Of course, of course. Of course, I could only tell you if I heard it...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom