Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTrey3993
Stranger
Size size size
    #505189 - 12/13/10 08:56 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Ive been reading alot of the postes on here about growboxes and several of the growboxes these people have made just seem like they are way too small to grow in. For example some guy converted a mini fridge into a growbox, most mini fridges are less than 3 feet tall, and bud grows larger than 3 feet tall and this isnt including the space the lights and pots will take up. Could someone please enlighten me?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

Re: Size size size [Re: Trey3993]
    #505191 - 12/13/10 09:00 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Look up their other posts and grow methods.  There is plenty of info on this site about maximizing vertical space.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #505196 - 12/13/10 09:15 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

When you say "some guy" are you referring to me? I've converted several mini fridges and filing cabinets into grow spaces.

Here's a grow space I made once that was only 17" of vertical room;

You'll notice that using CFL's greatly assists with conserving vertical space, and then I use various training techniques like LST, Topping and FIMing to keep the plants compact. I suggest you do a little reading and searching around here and you'll see that it's all very possible.

--------------------

OfflineTrey3993
Stranger
Re: Size size size [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #505586 - 12/14/10 11:18 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Well coming from an experienced grower I guess it must work.  What kind of yield could I expect from 2 or 3 plans in mini fridge grow box or something of a similar size. How could I keep it well ventilated? And Ive heard CFLs arnt the best lights to use.

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

#505636 - 12/14/10 03:38 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Trey3993 said:
Well coming from an experienced grower I guess it must work.  What kind of yield could I expect from 2 or 3 plans in mini fridge grow box or something of a similar size. How could I keep it well ventilated? And Ive heard CFLs arnt the best lights to use.

I would only do 1 plant in a mini fridge.  You can train it to take up all of the space.  My experience is that one bigger plant will yield more than 3 smaller plants in the same space.

Yields will vary.  Two of the most obvious variables are technique and genetics.  I would expect a range of 20-40 grams on the first trial.

CFLs are not bad lights for growing.  They are just not ideal in a lot of situations.  This is one situation where their size and relatively low heat output give them an advantage.

Heat can be vented with a small computer fan.  There are plenty of examples of how to wire up a PC fan on youtube.  CFLs will get warm, but even a gentle air current should keep the box within reasonable limits.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies