Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

Loc: its cold
Sexing my plants???
    #504897 - 12/12/10 05:14 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Ok So I am looking at my babies tonight.  I am two days into 12/12 cycle.  I am sitting on my floor moving leafs around so that other stems can pop through and absorb more light. and I come across this....

Now from what i know this looks like a male.  again i could be stupid but it looks to me like a male and how is that possible 2 days into flower cycle.  it looks to me like I will beable to tell sex on all the plants with in a week.  I didn't expect it for atleast 10 days?  am I way off base here or is this more common then what I originally thought?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

Re: Sexing my plants??? [Re: sveumy]
    #504902 - 12/12/10 05:28 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

also by looking at the preflowers on the other plants i may only pull one female out of this batch.  I have pulled the above plant from the room.  I am awaiting confirmation that its a male.  if it is in fact what should I do? Can I use it for anything?

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #504912 - 12/12/10 07:42 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Its a male.

Only thing its good for is making pollen for breeding.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

#504947 - 12/12/10 09:21 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I'd pull that plant FAST unless you want lots of seeds.  Looks like one flower has already opened.  Only takes one of those little balls to pop to spread pollen in your space.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

Re: Sexing my plants??? [Re: CrayolaHalls]
    #505020 - 12/12/10 02:31 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

yeah thats what i was afraid of.  i pulled it last night.  It looks like I pulled one female from 7 plants.  Its still a little early for me to tell.  I am not completely sure with all the preflowers.  1 Sure female so far crossing fingers. 
(oh cannabis gods can you bless me with one more girl plant,  I would hate to have to chop all but one of these beauties.)

Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery
    #505027 - 12/12/10 03:15 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I would wipe down the room with a bleach water solution and also spray the plants down with plain water to stop the pollen. It definitely looks like an open ball sack. If that male is that far along, all the other plants should be really easy to sex. Unless they are at different times or total different strains. But only 2 days into 12/12 those are definitely pre flowers so the rest still may not be showing them. Get pics of the other plants up and we can help you sex them.

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

Re: Sexing my plants??? [Re: c99hunter]
    #505035 - 12/12/10 03:48 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

its dark right now so I will pull them as soon as the lights come on and get photos.  keep in mind that the photos won't be great I am using my phone.  I just bought a macro lens for it but that won't be here for a while. 
this is discouraging.  I mean i am sure I determined the outcome of these plants with all the stress I put them through but damn.

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
    #505096 - 12/12/10 09:16 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

How long did you end up vegging these plants?

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

#505097 - 12/12/10 09:19 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

UPDATE
ok so, so far i have chopped two.  the one pictured and another male.  Unfortunately the preflowers are still to small to get clear photos of for clearification.  I have spent the last 24 hours or so staring at photos of both the male and female preflowers.  Unfortunately my 8 mega pixel camera phone is a piece of shit when it comes to close ups.  I found atleast two more that I am leaning towards them being females.  the next few days should tell me alot more.  I have hope again.  I will update here as the events unfold.
thank you so much for the help guys

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

#505098 - 12/12/10 09:20 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

They are roughly a month and a half old.  so 6-7 weeks.

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

#505101 - 12/12/10 09:23 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Could they be an autoflower breed?  I know very little to nothing about it but it seems like that would almost answer the question as to why they all flowered so fast.

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

#505104 - 12/12/10 09:30 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Totally give them a few more days.  In my opinion, it is hard to tell young preflowers apart.  As the times passes they will be more defined.  That first male was a real go getter.  My last grow had some herms.  A few flowers even opened up and I worried my ass off that I had ruined the whole crop.  Only ended up having 6 seeds off the 4 ladies.  Don't give up hope. 
I don't see why they could not be an autoflowering strain.
But, I would think you just had a male that wanted to get to work, and you missed or were not looking on your plants for preflowers.  A male could have easily been showing preflowers at week 6 or 7 of vegging.

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

Re: Sexing my plants??? [Re: muse42]
    #505109 - 12/12/10 09:50 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks man.  You know i am almost positive thats exactly what it was.  home boy took some roids on his way up or something.  The other one I chopped was really hard to tell but I was leaning more towards male.  the rest of them are back under the light.  Hopefully with the gained space I should see some more growth. 
My buddy said that too.  He said so what if it did pollenate.  he said whats the worst that is gonna happen your gonna get seedy weed?  he said we buy seedy weed as it is.

And on that note I am gonna roll one up and relax a little. 

Edited by sveumy (12/12/10 09:53 PM)

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

#505140 - 12/13/10 12:21 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

sveumy said:
He said so what if it did pollenate.  he said whats the worst that is gonna happen your gonna get seedy weed?  he said we buy seedy weed as it is.

I did not see what strain you have, so I am guessing this was regular bag seed.  If so, it is highly unlikely that someone would be growing autoflowering plants if they are growing for resale.

The worst thing is that the money you spend on electricity, nutes, soil, etc goes to make seeds that may have a high rate of males/hermie instead of producing more weight in consumable cannabis. 

Glad to see your not taking this hard.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

Re: Sexing my plants??? [Re: CrayolaHalls]
    #505153 - 12/13/10 04:40 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

This is bag seed and my first grow.  This will not be my last grow.  so the money that I spent on all those things will not go to waist.  The way i look at it if I can get a few successful grows under my belt I will be moving on to bigger projects.  Also I didn't expect my first grow to be a huge sucess hell I am supprised I have gotten as far as i have with as few problems as I have had. 
I may come off as a little dramatic but thats only because every thing I read on all these forums and articles all over the place its all so urgent, Such a big deal.  plus I am ADD so I am all over the place to begin with.

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

#505457 - 12/13/10 09:29 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Ok so I finaly got some photos that I think might be ok. 
1. I believe this to be a female. 
2.this to me looks like a male
3.  I don't know..
4. again not sure
5. and again a male?
all photos were taken with a htc evo camera phone and a 40x loope with led.  this was a pain in the ass to get it to focus but i don't think I did to bad.  If you need better photos just ask but specify numbers.  thanks for your help

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

#505461 - 12/13/10 09:35 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

My guess from the very interesting pics...

1. Female
2. Can't really tale, but if there is more than one, clustered, I would say male
3.  I'm leaning Female
4. Again leaning Female
5. Male

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

Re: Sexing my plants??? [Re: muse42]
    #505463 - 12/13/10 09:39 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

outstanding.  Now thats what i call service.  very timely reply.  thank you muse.  i was really hoping not to loose 5 because it is a very indica dominant strain.  I will pull him now.  the other 3 Will wait another day.  Or until I get further clearification.

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

#505745 - 12/15/10 03:36 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I am pretty confident that I have chopped the final male.  Leaving me with 3 very health looking females.  One that is so bushy it almost begs to be put back into veg for a month pound the nuets and give it a little lst.  Then again by doing that i may stress here and she will stop growing like she is.  either way I am stoked about the 3 girls and from here on out is where it gets fun.... OH, update I completely resupplied my closet.  with all kinds of goodies.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds