Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
House and Garden Bud XL
    #503840 - 12/08/10 02:49 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

So a few months ago I got a box of free house and garden nutrients, I haven't played with them very much. Used the Roots here and there, played with the soil specific nutrients and left it alone so I could focus on using up my several gals of Floranova in a reasonable time frame as I'm worried this stuff will in fact go bad.

The product claims there's an enzyme in BUD XL that transfers sugars from the leaf into the fruits what's up with that? Is this just hog wash marketing hype?

For some reason too, at least one of their versions of their feed chart says to discontinue using Roots Excelurator but to recontinue use when using Shooting Powder? Apparently they're synergistic. What's up with this? Does anyone know?

Does this sound like nutrient hype?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSp33dfreak
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.A Flag
Re: House and Garden Bud XL [Re: maryanne3087]
    #504198 - 12/09/10 06:51 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I dont doubt it's going to do what it says. Ive been using the full line of H&G.......and Im nothing but impressed so far. Actually tommorrow Im doing a res change to start wk 4 of flowering and this is when I will start using the Bud XL. I cant wait to see how my garden reacts to it honestly.
Im not sure where you got the info on the Root Ecxelurator,but I have a feed chart in front of me that I got when I purchased the H&G line and its telling me to discontinue the Root Excel at the end of wk 4.
Wk 5 calls for the Top Booster.
Wk 6,7,and 8 call for the Shooting Powder. The guy at my grow store tells me that Shooting Powder is something amazing,he was so confident that I will like it,that he said he will personally give me twice my money back for the SP if I dont like the results. He claims it practically doubles flower size. Quite a claim to make,but after using this stuff so far,Im starting to believe him. I thought I seen on H&G website a section with tons of Q&A,and I swore I seen somewhere it said NOT to use Root Excel with Shooting Powder.
And the Drip Clean is doing exactly what it claims to do,no doubt. It says it forms an ionic bond with salts,making it impossible for them to buildup on roots and in the plants medium,meaning you dont have to flush at the end. Well the feed chart I have calls for a 2-3 day pre harvest flush,thats it. Pretty impessive IMO. But yeah,there is absoloutely zero white/yellow/crusty salts buildup anywhere in my res or on my medium.
Im loving the H&G nutes so far and I will continue to purchase them from here on out.

Offlinejkell
Midnight toker

Loc: Don' worry bout it
Re: House and Garden Bud XL [Re: Sp33dfreak]
    #504281 - 12/09/10 02:17 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

How much would a complete set of H&G nutes run me? From what you wrote it sounds amazing. I'd love to see some pictures of your bud

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: House and Garden Bud XL [Re: Sp33dfreak]
    #504321 - 12/09/10 05:55 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

They have revised their feeding charts a few times. I'm saying at one point the schedule said to cut the feed of Roots E then continue again when you use Shooting Powder.

Offlinegrbrlt
Kenny fuckin' Powers

#504413 - 12/10/10 05:11 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I also use the House and Garden nuts' love them they cost me about 350 and some change got the medium size jugs of A&B they were 75 for both but these are some of the best nuts' I have gotten to play with but i use Root Ex. with all nuts' I use now and everything grow better with bigger healthy roots. I to was unsure about the feed schedule but everything is going great I'm up to week 5 out of 8 and no problems i didn't use magic green spray on the buds not sure if i want to smoke that residue but used it in the veg stage. In a few weeks will see how things taste but can't wait to see this shooting powder work I to was told this will help in boosting yield. A few added notes : PH 6.0 water temp 69.4 never use the aggressive strength didn't feel it was necessary, and magic green goes bad in 4 hours after being diluted so only mix what you need that day and throw the rest away, also on the shooting powder you can make it a concentrate 1 packet to one gallon then feed your plants with that at 151m to every gallon this is from the horses mouth at the factory, not my own. The House and Garden
line is tagged on the bottle with a high price but the nuts' go along way they are highly concentrated so it only appears like there more money, there actually about the same price as other nuts' as for the amount of solution they make.

Offlinegrbrlt
Kenny fuckin' Powers

Re: House and Garden Bud XL [Re: grbrlt]
    #508062 - 12/22/10 05:44 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

hey Maryanne i have been using the shooting powder at the above dilution and having been loving the result hopefully your to that point if not wait till you see this almost as good as the root excell. realy like the H&G

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #508065 - 12/22/10 05:56 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I hope I too see a positive effect from Shooting Powder. I'm going to be saving my Shooting Powder until I can do a fair side by side of Shooting Powder vs KoolBloom powder to see if the shooting powder is worth it's cost.

Offlinegrbrlt
Kenny fuckin' Powers

#510508 - 01/02/11 08:15 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

shooting powder update you can see a noticeable difference using the SP but i have gotten different info on usages of shooting powder: first make a concentrate then add to nutes' then another guy for H&G says it should be 2.6g per gallon but common sense say that the sachel weighs 100g and its for 25 gal wouldn't that be 4g per gallon so which way is correct? Looks like the people who rep this product don't know how to use it. Personally I'm going for the 2.6g\gal and the 4g\gal for a side-by-side in the next cycle and see if its to much, let you know of the results.

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #510534 - 01/02/11 11:23 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

This is exactly what I mean by they change and rework their feed schedules. I've got conflicting info from different reps on the behalf of HG, Botanicare, etc. If you're someone who cares to call the mfg you will probably experience the same thing often.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom