Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejkell
Midnight toker

Loc: Don' worry bout it
Re: 1000w Super Lemon Haze, Cheepo Flood-Drain Hydro, FF, Pics [Re: muse42]
    #504159 - 12/09/10 01:30 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Haha Christmas came early!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGoombah
Esquire
Female User Gallery

Loc: Peoples Republic of MA Flag
Re: 1000w Super Lemon Haze, Cheepo Flood-Drain Hydro, FF, Pics [Re: jkell]
    #510045 - 12/30/10 08:41 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Update:
Sorry no pics. My computer is fried and presently I'm sneeking this post from the back room at work.

Going into flower week six, got massive fist-sized buds all over (promise I'll get some pics soon) but having a few issues:
First of all, I have a lot of yellowing fan leaves toward the middle of each plant. At first I figured that this was probably normal as it is autum after all in their little world. Then I discovered I'm having massive ph issues I never had before in the veg stage. Every day the ph jumps up to the 8.0 range. I don't have an EC meter and I'm clueless why this keeps happening. Usually the nutes drop the ph of my tap water to about 6.5 then I add some ph down for a ph of 6. Then POOF overnight it is back up to 8.0 WTF. My uneducated guess is that the plants are sucking up all the nutes thus raising the ph. Dunno. Anyone have any thoughts on this subject?

The good news is that they are loooking great, starting to get some brown haries. I expect to be harvesting in about 2 weeks.

OfflineGoombah
Esquire
Female User Gallery

Loc: Peoples Republic of MA Flag
BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!!! [Re: Goombah]
    #565255 - 06/17/11 10:36 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Holy Crap - back online - I finally feel like a human being again! First my laptop broke, then my tower broke, then my car broke. WTF. Six months to dig myself out of financial bullshit.ACK! Anyway, If anyone ever wondered about the finale of this grow log here it is at long last:

Total weight 6oz plus. Used easily another 2oz of popcorn that I was too lazy to trim for acetone hash.

Since this log was my first grow (I'm into my third at this point) I wanted to share some lessons that I think I have learned:

1. Fox Farm nutrients clogged my system on more than one occasion, but having since tried other products, I can say that they are worth the added hassle. The end results are so much better and I have had really bad ph stability issues with the other brands.
2. Got my EC meter with the proceeds from the first grow, worth every penny. Saves money in the long run by knowing exactly how much nute is in the tank and reduces the frequency of water changes.
3. Not sure that hydro plants are good candidates for SCROG method. I haven't tried it yet but the stalks get quite hollow and rigid, don't think they would have the flexibility to bend without snapping. I would like to try SCROG eventually as it would be nice to have an even canopy for uniform light coverage at the grow tips.
4. Super Lemon Haze is a ridiculously incredible plant. Those suckers took a beating over 11 wks, still grew baseball-sized buds under less than ideal conditions, and floored all my smoking friends on the first hit. Massively sticky and pungent I can see why this plant won so many awards.
5. Comparatively, my second grow was White Widow. Even having a little more experience under my belt, this plant was a PIA. Wimpy suckers. I had an OK crop in the end but this plant would drop leaves if you farted next to it. Definitely did not do well in my hydro system, it didn't tolerate 1/8th of the nutrient content I was able to blast the SLH with. Plants were much smaller, buds longer and less compact. Still a good smoke but the yield was lousy.

InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

Loc: KOREA
Re: BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!!! [Re: Goombah]
    #565309 - 06/18/11 12:16 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Looks good/healthy
:yesnod:

Looks like they had a little more heat than they wanted though :lighter:

--------------------
:advisory:

“If you want to find out who your real friends are, sink the ship. The first ones to jump aren’t your friends.” — Marilyn Manson

This isn't the correct place to confront me on anything.

Forum full of dead stars, and a necro I called Coma White

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds