Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Re: Craftsman Appreciation Contest!!! Win a Big Eye Afzelia Burl Dugout now thru 12-19-10!!! [Re: CrayolaHalls]
    #502191 - 11/30/10 10:51 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Basic tools?  I've got a drill, I assume I'll need some long-ish bits...
What else would be handy...bare minimum.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

Re: Craftsman Appreciation Contest!!! Win a Big Eye Afzelia Burl Dugout now thru 12-19-10!!! [Re: 81renaissance]
    #502194 - 11/30/10 11:00 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
Basic tools?  I've got a drill, I assume I'll need some long-ish bits...
What else would be handy...bare minimum.

• Sandpaper for smoothing - 60, 120, and 220 grit.
  • Something to shape the pipe to what you want to hold in your hand.  You can carve with a knife, chisel, or use wood rasps/planes.
  • You want a bowl hole to be at least 3/8" or you won't be able to get a finger in it.  You want the stem hole to be 1-8" to 1/4".  I prefer 3/16".
  • Don't forget you can get creative with the wood.  Something in your backyard or neighbor's wood pile might be solid enough to work.  I would stay away from pine.  I hate the taste of pine pipes.

Maybe you should draw up what you want and then start thinking through the steps needed totake it from raw wood to final product.  You might find you need more or less than what I have listed.

I made that one up about 30 minutes ago.  It is just an osage orange branch.  It is basically just cut and drilled.  Now I need to go find out if it is ok to smoke in.  Osage orange is some powerful stuff with exceptional properties.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

Edited by CrayolaHalls (12/01/10 12:00 AM)

InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

Loc: KOREA
Re: Craftsman Appreciation Contest!!! Win a Big Eye Afzelia Burl Dugout now thru 12-19-10!!! [Re: Stoneth]
    #502213 - 12/01/10 04:12 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

stoney.69 said:
I'm bored today.
Would it be acceptable to use deer antlers instead of wood?
I think I'll make a one hitter, a steam roller bowl, and a plain ol bowl as well.

Awesome, I wanna see this final product, I bought my dog some deer antlers and he likes them a lot :yesnod:

--------------------
:advisory:

“If you want to find out who your real friends are, sink the ship. The first ones to jump aren’t your friends.” — Marilyn Manson

This isn't the correct place to confront me on anything.

Forum full of dead stars, and a necro I called Coma White

OfflineEdsTnT2666
Male

Loc: Square in the heart of Mi... Flag
Re: Craftsman Appreciation Contest!!! Win a Big Eye Afzelia Burl Dugout now thru 12-19-10!!! [Re: Laysthepipe]
    #502237 - 12/01/10 08:13 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Wow Crayola, you have done very well, I really like your piece you made, you wanna come go to work for me??? Nice submission, I thank you for your participation.

81Ren. dont be discouraged bro, make your piece! Crayola has given you quite a bit a great info, he has laid it out for you really well, I have been doing it so long it second nature for me, I will say that Crayola is very right. sometimes the best pieces of wood are just laying around somewhere, you have seen em, you just arent looking for em. Once of the most figured dugouts I ever made came from a weird looking twisty stump root formation the dozer pushed up out the ground on my farm, I cut it apart with the chainsaw, ripped it to blanks and worked it out. You'd be surprised what you can make from something that looks like hell.

Just like people, the true beauty that really stands out is on the inside, most of the time others never see it!

Good luck to you!

--------------------
Choice Wooden Pipes & Dugouts that are the BOMB! www.edstnt.com

Invisibledrawde
Re: Craftsman Appreciation Contest!!! Win a Big Eye Afzelia Burl Dugout now thru 12-19-10!!! [Re: EdsTnT2666]
    #502296 - 12/01/10 12:55 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Great pipes Crayola! :thumbup:

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

Offlineauronlives69
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Craftsman Appreciation Contest!!! Win a Big Eye Afzelia Burl Dugout now thru 12-19-10!!! [Re: drawde]
    #502520 - 12/02/10 06:38 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

there should be a section dedicated to diy pipes/bongs

OfflineMr Mushroom
Stranger

Re: Craftsman Appreciation Contest!!! Win a Big Eye Afzelia Burl Dugout now thru 12-19-10!!! [Re: auronlives69]
    #502887 - 12/03/10 08:40 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Well ive never made a wooden pipe before, And im not very crafty, But i decided, what the heck might as well try.

so here it is. all i used was a hacksaw, knife, drill, and sandpaper.

drill bit wasnt long enough..

Dont really know how to seal it.. might try beezwax like said previously in this thread. until then its probably not very healthy to use much.

OfflineEdsTnT2666
Male

Re: Craftsman Appreciation Contest!!! Win a Big Eye Afzelia Burl Dugout now thru 12-19-10!!! [Re: Mr Mushroom]
    #502970 - 12/04/10 07:24 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mr Mushroom said:
Dont really know how to seal it.. might try beezwax like said previously in this thread. until then its probably not very healthy to use much.

Good work Mr. Mushroom, I am very happy to see your creation. You did very well, I think thats red cedar you used for that pipe right? You could use beeswax to seal it thats for sure and easy to get, you can use it as much as you up until then, your only sealing the outside, so the inside will be just like you made it, that piece will get better the more you use it and get the insides coated with resin, that is probably the best sealer for the inside.

You did good and thank you for your submission!

I had wondered who I was gonna get to make the decision on the winner and am gonna get Mrs. Ed to be the judge, she is very impartial and doesnt mind telling me I am wrong most of the time, she sees things that I dont and has a an eye for great stuff, so its in her hands from here on out!

Good luck!

--------------------

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

Re: Craftsman Appreciation Contest!!! Win a Big Eye Afzelia Burl Dugout now thru 12-19-10!!! [Re: Mr Mushroom]
    #502987 - 12/04/10 09:45 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I like that you made the bowl area large.  I have always felt clumsy with small pipes and appreciated something to hang on to.  Plus, it keep your fingers clear of the flame.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

OfflineMr Mushroom
Stranger

Re: Craftsman Appreciation Contest!!! Win a Big Eye Afzelia Burl Dugout now thru 12-19-10!!! [Re: CrayolaHalls]
    #502995 - 12/04/10 10:14 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

its Tennessee red cedar. and thanks for the tips :stoned:

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

Re: Craftsman Appreciation Contest!!! Win a Big Eye Afzelia Burl Dugout now thru 12-19-10!!! [Re: EdsTnT2666]
    #506425 - 12/18/10 03:36 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

EdsTnT2666 said: The winner will be announced on 12-19-10 and shipped on 12-20-10 just in time for Christmas.

Ed,

If possible, please hold competition open until the evening.  I have had the flu for the last 5-6 days and have not been able to work in my garage.  I know you did not specify a time, but I am just getting past the dehydration after-effects of the flu and won't make it out there until Sunday mid-morning.  I would really like a chance to finish my pictorial on making the "sun pipe".

No hard feelings if you plan on announcing earlier.  I will still post it so others can view.

Yes, I am being a whiny bitch!

--------------------

OfflineEdsTnT2666
Male

#506468 - 12/18/10 06:40 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

CrayolaHalls said:
Quote:

EdsTnT2666 said: The winner will be announced on 12-19-10 and shipped on 12-20-10 just in time for Christmas.

Ed,

If possible, please hold competition open until the evening.  I have had the flu for the last 5-6 days and have not been able to work in my garage.  I know you did not specify a time, but I am just getting past the dehydration after-effects of the flu and won't make it out there until Sunday mid-morning.  I would really like a chance to finish my pictorial on making the "sun pipe".

No hard feelings if you plan on announcing earlier.  I will still post it so others can view.

Yes, I am being a whiny bitch!

Its no sweat my man, I had already planned on Mrs. Ed being the Judge and she would have to read the post and check the pics, I will get her to after church tomorrow night. She knows what its all about and feels the work as do I. Good luck and I hope you get to feeling better.

--------------------

InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

#506471 - 12/18/10 07:02 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I can't believe I haven't seen this before now.. It was my idea, and I fackkin missed the whole thing!! Oh well, hey nice work Crayola and Mushroom!:congrats:

--------------------

"You're cool, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out.."

OfflineEdsTnT2666
Male

Re: Craftsman Appreciation Contest!!! Win a Big Eye Afzelia Burl Dugout now thru 12-19-10!!! [Re: Hendershot]
    #506571 - 12/19/10 06:21 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Hendershot said:
I can't believe I haven't seen this before now.. It was my idea, and I fackkin missed the whole thing!! Oh well, hey nice work Crayola and Mushroom!:congrats:

Where the hell have you been bro??? You will get into the next one! Got a really good idea cooking and in place somewhere else at this moment, trying to make a difference a little at a time!

--------------------

InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

#506594 - 12/19/10 10:03 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah my work schedule has been weird, only been logging on a few minutes at a time, and not often. Looking forward to the next contest definately!

--------------------

"You're cool, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out.."

OfflineEdsTnT2666
Male

Re: Craftsman Appreciation Contest!!! Win a Big Eye Afzelia Burl Dugout now thru 12-19-10!!! [Re: Hendershot]
    #506749 - 12/19/10 08:37 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Alright Mrs. Ed has made her decision and Crayola is the winner with his burl toke, she digs my burl and likes the wild and crazy grain patterns that burls offer. Get me your shipping info and I will get your piece out Tuesday morning.

I really wanna say thank you to everyone for their participation in the contest and look forward to another great giveaway idea I have for a one of a kind Australian Red Mallee Burl Toke.

--------------------

Invisibledrawde
    #506764 - 12/19/10 09:00 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Aw shit! Just got mine done, thought we had till midnight. :frown:
Oh well, congrats Crayola! I will show mine anyway in a sec.

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

Invisibledrawde
Re: Craftsman Appreciation Contest!!! Win a Big Eye Afzelia Burl Dugout now thru 12-19-10!!! [Re: drawde]
    #506770 - 12/19/10 09:22 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Ebony and flamed maple, and diesel. :grin:

I am gunna go christen this bitch. :yesnod:

Edit: That was one of the most satisfying smokes ever, knowing it was your own piece.

--------------------
King Koopa said:

Edited by drawde (12/19/10 09:48 PM)

OfflineEdsTnT2666
Male

#506907 - 12/20/10 06:43 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

drawde said:
Ebony and flamed maple, and diesel. :grin:

I am gunna go christen this bitch. :yesnod:

Edit: That was one of the most satisfying smokes ever, knowing it was your own piece.

Wow that is so  nice piece Drawde, I dig it and am sure you did as well. We couldnt wait for midnight bro, I do apologize.

I like the Ebony top and bottom on the Maple, very nice, very nice! Shoot me an email and lets talk more about your work if you like.

--------------------

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

#507025 - 12/20/10 02:43 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Thank you Mr & Mrs Ed!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order