Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
Yellowing San Pedro
    #501817 - 11/30/10 02:15 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I've had the bottom of these cuttings drying for about a week now under a fan in the darkness of my closet, it was fine up until about a day ago when I checked on it and found that the tip of it has began to turn yellow. Fearing it's getting too dry I turned the fan off, but left it where it was. The next day I also found out that the bottom's are also getting kinda squishy, as appose to the top which are still firm.

Anybody know what's up? any info would be awesome
thanks in advance

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

Loc: KOREA
Re: Yellowing San Pedro [Re: T-Rex]
    #501948 - 11/30/10 12:30 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Pretty sure no light = no chlorophyll on new growth. I could be wrong.

I notice when I do cuttings they do seem to be a little weak after the drying/scab proccess also, not squishy but pushable, usually gets better after planting/watering, they may also start shriveling a little also near the base.

--------------------
:advisory:

“If you want to find out who your real friends are, sink the ship. The first ones to jump aren’t your friends.” — Marilyn Manson

This isn't the correct place to confront me on anything.

Forum full of dead stars, and a necro I called Coma White

Edited by Laysthepipe (11/30/10 12:56 PM)

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Re: Yellowing San Pedro [Re: Laysthepipe]
    #502057 - 11/30/10 07:16 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

So I should plant them asap? I'll move them out into the sun today, and hopefully I'll have the material to plant them in the next few days

--------------------

OfflineScraps
Male

Loc: that shady alley
    #502086 - 11/30/10 08:13 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

ye i would try give them more sunlight if possible
i dont know a thing about growing cacti so take that into consideration :gethigh:

InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

Loc: KOREA
    #502212 - 12/01/10 04:04 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

T-Rex said:
So I should plant them asap? I'll move them out into the sun today, and hopefully I'll have the material to plant them in the next few days

Do not put it in direct sunlight yet, it can cause a few problems especially right after coming out of complete darkness.

I would give it a shaded location where it can still get sunlight since it will be light outside, and once rooted slowly move it into the sun. As long as it is scabbed over I'd go ahead and plant it.

I normally plant mine earlier than most people and give it a small watering right when planted over the cacti because they normally shrivel some and want water just to keep it hydrated and to make it stay in place easier, this is not required and I don't think it is recommended although I do it anyways with no problems.

--------------------
:advisory:

“If you want to find out who your real friends are, sink the ship. The first ones to jump aren’t your friends.” — Marilyn Manson

This isn't the correct place to confront me on anything.

Forum full of dead stars, and a necro I called Coma White

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Re: Yellowing San Pedro [Re: Laysthepipe]
    #502214 - 12/01/10 04:39 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Good thing I was lazy and only opened the door of my closet :lol: they're in the shade now, I'm just waiting till I get more info on planting them before I do much else. Thanks for tall the info! I'll update this or make a new thread when they're planted :awesomenod:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag