Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinemixedup
Stranger

Loc: long island
I'm gonna inject crude marijuana
    #494671 - 11/03/10 12:59 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

People inject black tar heroin...I don't think this will be a death sentence. There's actually a report from like the eighties of a bunch of people who tried this and they were hospitalized but get this the report couldn't figure out what exactly made them sick and actually attributed it to the cotton they used as filters. Cotton is well known to be contaminated with a certain bacteria which is what causes the notorious cotton fever in heroin users. Perhaps these individuals used very large amounts of cotton to filter the "broth", as the report called it. Then again, maybe it was just injecting marijuana that made them sick. That's the only report of IVing crude marijuana I've come across and seeing as how it didn't rule that it's unsafe to inject weed, I'm prepared to try it. I mean "unsafe" in a relative way. Injecting black tar heroin is unsafe but people get away with it at least for a while and they get high and they don't get sick. At least not all the time. Plus, I question just how unsafe it would be if black tar heroin users used micron syringe filters (sometimes called wheel filters because they're discs and they look like wheels.) A lab report found that cotton only filtered out like 20% of particulate matter whereas syringes filters filter out like 90%.

This endeavor brings about some questions.

The actives in black tar heroin are water soluble; marijuana is not water soluble. Can marijuana simply be mixed with water and injected? Maybe. It would probably be like mixing oil and water. The cannabinoids would be in suspension (as opposed to solution...dissolved in the water). So the actives would not merge with the water but perhaps the water would serve as a vessel to getting the stuff in your bloodstream and then maybe the cannabinoids would dissolve in your blood or would remain suspended but uopn reaching the blood brain barrier, would pass through.

Cannabinoids are alcohol soluble. Would alcohol work? Probably. Make a tincture and just inject that. It'd probably work. My concern would be getting high from the alcohol and it adulterating the experience but perhaps if I used like wine which is only like 12% alcohol by volume, perhaps that would be just enough alcohol to dissolve the cannabinoids and not have a significant effect on you.

Cannabinoids are fat soluble. I believe it's safe to inject oil as I did some googling and I came across a medicine used for infants which is an oil which is IVed into them. If it's safe to inject an infant with oil then I think it's safe to say IVing oil, at least in small quantities, is safe. Also, someone on Bluelight reported injecting a pharmaceutical cannabinoid which was suspended in oil and it worked (Marinol or Sativex, I dunno.)

edit: turns out that's emulsified oil...

nevertheless, one of the experience reports i just posted (see page 3) involves someone injecting marinol, which is straight sesame oil and thc meant to be swallowed0.

regardless, i plan to use vodka.

Edited by mixedup (12/05/10 04:43 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: I'm gonna inject crude marijuana [Re: mixedup]
    #494674 - 11/03/10 01:05 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I personally think you should do it.  I mean, I wouldn't have any reason at all to tell you not to do it.  I mean, like you said, it's all about the cotton, not the "crude" weed goin in your arm.  Never heard it called that before, but oh well.  I'd be interested to see pics and results and all :shrug::thumbup:

:picdidnthappen:

:smirk:

--------------------

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #494678 - 11/03/10 01:14 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

dood just make a firecracker.

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Offlinemixedup
Stranger

Re: I'm gonna inject crude marijuana [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #494679 - 11/03/10 01:14 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:
I mean, like you said, it's all about the cotton, not the "crude" weed goin in your arm.  Never heard it called that before, but oh well.

I acknowledge that the cotton thing coulda just been a lame excuse and that they're very well might be some chemicals in marijuana that are unsafe to inject. The report is inconclusive, however, and I've decided to make myself a guinea pig.

The reason I'm calling it "crude marijuana" is to distinguish it from injecting isolated cannabinoids. This isn't a thread about IVing THC, which has been done in the research setting.

Offlinemixedup
Stranger

Re: I'm gonna inject crude marijuana [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #494681 - 11/03/10 01:17 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
dood just make a firecracker.

I read that the bioavailability of oral weed is only like 20%. I read that smoked is only like 30%. Those numbers could be off, but IV drugs is generally 100% so it'd be interesting to see if only a tiny amount gets me blasted.

OfflineShaggy420
Male

#494691 - 11/03/10 01:32 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

anyone ever watched 1000 ways to die. dumb shit like this always pops up.
just smoke your weed man:happyweed:

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

#494695 - 11/03/10 01:40 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

If you think injecting wine into your vein is safe, then I say go for it.  I'll be watching the obituaries though.  :mel:

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinemixedup
Stranger

Re: I'm gonna inject crude marijuana [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #494698 - 11/03/10 01:51 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
If you think injecting wine into your vein is safe, then I say go for it.  I'll be watching the obituaries though.

It's not gonna kill me. Wine is probably safer than black tar heroin. Powder heroin is mixed with shit like brick dust, talcum powder, pills...anything suitable to make the shit look visually bigger. Black tar heroin is mixed with fuckin' cooked sugar, lactose, and coffee. It's disgusting. And I know it's unsafe and that over time heroin users suffer very serious health consequences. Burroughs injected straight opium once. Metallica injected alcohol when they didn't have any drugs at one point.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm not gonna die, and that a little dissolved herb is probably 10 x safer than everything I mentioned above.

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#494701 - 11/03/10 02:06 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I remember seeing Steve-O do like 5 shots of vodka through an IV, he got soooo fucking wasted, like 20 shots wasted.

This guys gonna be the first to die from marijuana and then we're never gonna hear the end of it when we push for legalization.. "Marijuana pushes people to use drugs intravenously!" :facepalm:

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

Offlinevolcomstoner
Just one more xanax
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaybec
Re: I'm gonna inject crude marijuana [Re: DieselB]
    #494714 - 11/03/10 03:09 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

So when you say "crude marijuana" you mean ALL the chemicals in cannabis? or just certain cannabinoids?

--------------------

Vas donc jouer dans le traffic

Offlinemixedup
Stranger

Re: I'm gonna inject crude marijuana [Re: volcomstoner]
    #494722 - 11/03/10 03:23 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not capable of isolating cannabinoids. I'm just an average person so all I can do is liquify it. So, all the chemicals, chlorophyll and everything.

OfflineShaggy420
Male

#494723 - 11/03/10 03:25 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

:bubbles:

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

OfflineLucid
Monster Plant Creator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada-ish. Flag
Re: I'm gonna inject crude marijuana [Re: Shaggy420]
    #494730 - 11/03/10 03:40 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

TrippyStoner420 said:
anyone ever watched 1000 ways to die. dumb shit like this always pops up.
just smoke your weed man:happyweed:

OfflineFar Stox
Higher Education

Loc: Flag
Re: I'm gonna inject crude marijuana [Re: Lucid]
    #494733 - 11/03/10 03:42 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I'm going to have to jump on the bandwagon and suggest you don't attempt this. What's the problem with smoking or eating your weed?

--------------------
"When I awaken,
The first thing on my mind,
A little bit of cornflakes,
And a blunt that's all mine."-PUTS

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #494736 - 11/03/10 03:51 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

mixedup said:
Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
If you think injecting wine into your vein is safe, then I say go for it.  I'll be watching the obituaries though.

It's not gonna kill me. Wine is probably safer than black tar heroin. Powder heroin is mixed with shit like brick dust, talcum powder, pills...anything suitable to make the shit look visually bigger. Black tar heroin is mixed with fuckin' cooked sugar, lactose, and coffee. It's disgusting. And I know it's unsafe and that over time heroin users suffer very serious health consequences. Burroughs injected straight opium once. Metallica injected alcohol when they didn't have any drugs at one point.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm not gonna die, and that a little dissolved herb is probably 10 x safer than everything I mentioned above.

WRONG,  That was Motley Crue when they toured with Ozzy in the 80s.  Metallica were really more alcoholics than drug users anyway.  Go for it if you think it'll work dude :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineFisherman
Stranger

Re: I'm gonna inject crude marijuana [Re: Far Stox]
    #494737 - 11/03/10 03:54 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Just do it for science man, it will be kinda heavy on you as it isnt too pure, but damn, you will get fucking high, for science.

Offlinevolcomstoner
Just one more xanax
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaybec
    #494738 - 11/03/10 03:54 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

mixedup said:
I'm not capable of isolating cannabinoids. I'm just an average person so all I can do is liquify it. So, all the chemicals, chlorophyll and everything.

Yeah I figured thats what you meant.
I say go for it, I doubt its going to be harmful enough to kill you, people have injected muuuch worse.

--------------------

Vas donc jouer dans le traffic

Invisibledrawde
Re: I'm gonna inject crude marijuana [Re: Shaggy420]
    #494750 - 11/03/10 04:15 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

TrippyStoner420 said:
:bubbles:

Bubbs isn't stupid.

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

#494769 - 11/03/10 04:57 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

mixedup said:
Quote:

hawksapprentice said:

Oh clear high proof alcohols  are just fine , but things like wine are not safe.  Might not kill you but you'd be an idiot to inject it into your vein.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleShr0000ooooms
Cannabis Sampler

Loc: Hindu Kush Mountains
Re: I'm gonna inject crude marijuana [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #494777 - 11/03/10 05:18 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I hope you do this

Natural Selection is still in effect, my ass.

--------------------
If I'm posting I'm high.

Edited by Harry_Ba11sach (11/04/10 07:14 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale