Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDoctorDarkMatter
Stranger

How far along, or close to being done is she?
    #486069 - 10/08/10 09:48 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Trying to find out how long she has to go, I know it mostly depends on what color the resin glands are. I'd say maybe another month? Anybodys guess is better then mine. I could only get one pic up for some reason but will try and get a few more up. By the way magash, the crafting did not work. It was worth a shot. I checked on it in the morning and those tips where all shrivled up and dead, so I ended up just snipping the branches off. But it would have worked good if on a larger stalk or branch I think. I think the branches where just too small and young at the time.

I know there is some crispy leaves in there, I had a little accident with a light being too close.

Edited by DoctorDarkMatter (10/08/10 09:49 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: How far along, or close to being done is she? [Re: DoctorDarkMatter]
    #486072 - 10/08/10 10:31 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

another month is a reasonable guess with that picture

they haven't started filling out really? what kind of light? what nutrients are you feeding them?

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #486078 - 10/08/10 11:23 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

At least a month.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineDoctorDarkMatter
Stranger

Re: How far along, or close to being done is she? [Re: Magash]
    #486138 - 10/08/10 03:14 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I thought so, I have it under 2 300watt equiv. cfls, and two 150w eq. bulbs. I am feeding her fox farm big bloom nutes and molasses water. The nutes every other watering, and the molasses every 4th watering. Well, she has started filling out a bit I've noticed. They branch tops are starting to get thicker, and frost a little. The reason why I'm asking is I have read that the color of the resin glands needs to be opal when harvesting, But the scope I have to check is crap. So I think when the time gets close Ill have to track down a good microscope to tell. But I figure she has not started to put on weight yet, just mostly filling in the gaps on the branches. I had tied her down a few weeks ago, and the way my lights are the left side of the plant got less light. So one side is filling in with nice hairy...preflowers?
And the other side is smaller, but I got more light on it so hopefully that will help. The left side is where the top is tied down, so Im not sure if this effects the growth of the cola? Or if it will do fine. about a week ago I kicked on a 5th light but the way I have the fan set up it just does not pull out enough heat, so one of the branch tops got fried along with a good amount of leaves. So i am debating whether to just snip the top of the branch or not, it still has little preflowers on it but no hairs and barley no leaves. Will that hinder the growth on that one branch?
Thanks for the replies.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#486305 - 10/09/10 12:30 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

yea i was just wondering i figured either you weren't using good nutes or were using cfl's

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineDoctorDarkMatter
Stranger

Re: How far along, or close to being done is she? [Re: mhbound]
    #489440 - 10/19/10 11:58 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Just a small update, they seem to be frosting up good.

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

#489443 - 10/19/10 12:06 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

not bad so far. what is the light setup you got as in what kind and how many. all but those yellow/green leaves i saw not to bad do far..

--------------------
Everyone are you ready for doom,
Because I've blackened the sun,
And I've bloodied the moon.
I bring gloom when I step in the room,
With the fumes of a tomb.
flowers bloom when Im taken away
:rofldrunk:

OfflineDoctorDarkMatter
Stranger

Re: How far along, or close to being done is she? [Re: lostinbq]
    #489447 - 10/19/10 12:17 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I am using cfl's, I have 2 300wats, and two 150wat bulbs. I know there are some crispy leaves in there from issues Ive had with heat in the past. As for the yellow leaves they have just started to turn. I assume this is normal? I've seen allot of grow logs of memebers plants that have leaves gradually turning yellow and dying off twards the middle to end of flowering. This is more of a practive grow for some buds. I've learned allot of what to do and what not to do through trial and error.
The grow space is about, 3-4' tall, about 3' wide and 2ft width wise if that helpfs any.

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

#489466 - 10/19/10 12:49 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

yea but is that only true for when the plant is being flushed at the end of the plants life. yea im still in the trial and error shit myself like i messed up and started to use distilled water:facepalm: your space is the same size just about as mine. 2x2x4

--------------------

OfflineDoctorDarkMatter
Stranger

#489471 - 10/19/10 01:05 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Distilled water? How does that effect plants?lol. I'm thinking the yellowing might be from the weather getting colder. The leaves are yellowing from the bottom up, and the nights have ben colder. Maybe I need to find a way to heat the area the box is in? I don't think it is a deficiency of any kind. The plant seems to be thriving. But then again I'm not expert.

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

#489475 - 10/19/10 01:37 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

yellowing from the bottom up on the fan leaves is a N def. if it was just the bottom leaves then id say its due to poor cfl light to the bottom. as for the distilled water i started using it figuring id help my plants and 1 week later the plants fan leaves started to get these spots and wither and die. i flushed with tap water and they were fine. only the leaves affected died off.

--------------------

OfflineDoctorDarkMatter
Stranger

#491379 - 10/25/10 08:50 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Hmm,is there a household remedie for curing N.D.? I'm  strapped for cash right now, and it would be awhile until I will be able to buy anything That can help.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #492443 - 10/27/10 04:35 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

,is there a household remedie for curing N.D

Yah, a source of Nitrogen :wink:

Got any gardening supplies like bat guano or worm castings?

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineSuperBudMan
Weedaholic

Re: How far along, or close to being done is she? [Re: coda]
    #493118 - 10/29/10 10:01 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

even coffee grinds in a pinch are good for N...or so im told
goto any starbucks and ask for some "grinds for the garden" theyll give you a big bag of spent coffee grinds for free :smile:

OfflineDoctorDarkMatter
Stranger

Re: How far along, or close to being done is she? [Re: coda]
    #493842 - 10/31/10 11:12 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Hmm, I've ben searching around and asking people. And from my understanding it is normal for leaves to turn yellow during flowering even without flushing. The nutes That I have ben using are high in bat guano and worm castings. And the plant seems fine also.
I wanted to ask I'm starting to see "clusters" showing up on the plant. They are spots that are growing large amount of hairs in one spot, apposed to just one or two hairs. I will have to get some pics up.I'll get some up tonight or later on. When plants put on weight do they produce these clusters? Ive got some like that, that are on smaller buds on the branches, and then Ive got larger buds that seem to not have them. So I assume eventually all of the buds will "cluster up" like the buds are.
Only pictures can tell I guess. I have got a scope to check the trichromes but it's hard to tell! They are so small I can't tell if they are clear, amber, opal or milky. I'm hoping the trichomes still have a while to grow, if they can grow bigger it will be easier to tell.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#493843 - 10/31/10 11:30 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Its normal for them to yellow during the end...They shouldn't show deficiencies unless you're not looking to get the best that you can get from your crop.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineDoctorDarkMatter
Stranger

Re: How far along, or close to being done is she? [Re: mhbound]
    #493849 - 10/31/10 11:56 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I'm out of luck then, either it is getting towards the end of flowering or it is a deficiencie. If bat guano and worm castings are good for a nitrogen source then I would lean more towards the end of flowering. I've ben feeding it good with fox farm big bloom, but then again maybe the nutes does not have enough?

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #493850 - 10/31/10 12:03 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Well, you can be giving your plants nutrients, but they may not actually be available to them.  When's the last time you did a flush flush to get rid of any built up salt??  What size of pot are you in and how often do you have to water them?  Are you making teas with the guano??  What's your pH?  Going in and coming out.

They aren't anywhere near being done man.  You can tell by a quick glance.  You have some sort of issue going on and we need more info to be able to diagnose it.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds