Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleCid_Lives
Shhhhh
Male

Some leaves turning straight bown and crisping.
    #492247 - 10/27/10 02:43 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Just what the title said, some of my leaves about halfway up the plant are getting crisp towards the tip and browning. I am 3 days into flowering and I noticed a few lower branches' fan leaves doing this, but it was so spread out and so few of the fans doing this that I just passed it off as nothing. Now there are a few more leaves doing it. I am feeding with 45% Grow, Bloom, and Liquid Karma from Botanicare with a drop or 2 of super thrive every few days whenever the pot feels light and/or when I notice the leaves drooping. The ph levels are around 6.7. Can someone tell me if this is something that I should be concerned about? Here are some pics. Sorry but the HPS doesn't help out with detail.

Edited by Cid_Lives (10/27/10 12:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCid_Lives
Shhhhh
Male

Re: Some leaves mid canopy turning straight bown and crisping. [Re: Cid_Lives]
    #492333 - 10/27/10 11:22 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Nobody? Jeez, sometimes this place is a little too slow for my tastes.:frown:

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #492335 - 10/27/10 11:27 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

looks like either phosphorus deficiency (unlikely), or superthrive. I've heard of superthrive causing that, and I've even seen it on some of my plants.

--------------------

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#492336 - 10/27/10 11:31 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

You're not serious, its been 8 hours, bro.. We have lives, as much as I've been bullshitting on here lately, I can't sit around and wait for people to have problems to help with. Second of all, you gave us absolutely no information about your plants/grow, don't expect people to go searching through your journal and old posts to figure it out either, because I personally, know I don't feel like doing that. You want real help fill out the form completely, especially if you want something accurate.

And yeah, the superthrive, what is it that causes people to use this stuff just because? I understand it has it purpose, but its a not a great regular supplement.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

InvisibleCid_Lives
Shhhhh
Male

Re: Some leaves mid canopy turning straight bown and crisping. [Re: DieselB]
    #492343 - 10/27/10 11:59 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry bro. If I piss you off, then just don't respond. I'm trying to support this site by posting only here and not having to go to icmag. However, if I can't get a response within 8 hours(only?) and not have people harp on me about wondering where the responders are, then maybe I should rethink things. As far as "digging through" journals goes, again, sorry to inconvenience you, but it's not like this place is flooded with current logs.:rolleyes: I told you what and how often I was feeding, how far into flowering I was, that I was growing in soil, what wattage, the ph levels. Fuck, what else do you need to make a gross assessment? I'm looking for friendly responses to my questions. Thanks.

Harry, thanks for the helpful comment. When I was adding the superthrive this last feed, I did think that a little too much came out. I'm gonna just lay off of it for the next few feedings and see if there is a change.

:heart:

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#492346 - 10/27/10 12:07 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Thats funny, I didn't see ANYTHING about ph levels or feeding levels, and that 45% says nothing. You didn't tell us anything as far as I'm concerned.

And yeah, when you post at 6-7am you can't expect a quick response most of the time in 8 hours, most people get up and go to work on a wednesday. And I even did look at your journal, and nothing I needed to know was listed plainly enough for you to make the post you did. If you wanna get pissy thats fine, I meant no harm, I could care less, I'm just trying to bring you into reality.

If you wanna contribute to the site you should be showing others a leading example by following the rules of this forum and completing necessary criteria, before starting a new thread.

Done, mods feel free to clean up. Sorry.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #492349 - 10/27/10 12:20 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

alright guys, calm down now.  There's no need for the bickering like this; diesel, simply ask for more info if you require it to help, and Cid, the more info you provide, the easier we can help.

--------------------

InvisibleCid_Lives
Shhhhh
Male

#492354 - 10/27/10 12:34 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry. You're right. My bad. here, let's try this again.

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
Seed

2. How old are your plants?
Approximately 50 days

3. How tall are your plants?
With the lst that I have been doing, it's hard to tell, but I measured from bottom to closest to light and it is around 15-16 inches.

4. What size containers are they planted in?
3 gallon grow bags

5. What is your soil mix?
It's a mix of Roots Organics and Fox Farm's Light Warrior with about a 40% mix of chunky perlite.

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
I water when the plants feel light and start to look thirsty. The water is distilled.

7. What is the pH of your water?
6.5-6.7

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
6 ml/gal Liquid Karma .1/.1/.5
7 ml/gal Bloom 2/3/5
7 ml/gal Grow 3/2/4
^^All Botanicare
1 drop(I try to get one drop anyway. Last feeding I added a little more on accident) superthrive

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
No

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
600w Hortilux HPS

11. How close are your lights to the plants?
A couple of tips are around 8-9 inches away with no visible stress. Most of the plant is around 12-14 inches, though.

12. What size is your grow space?
3'11"x3'11"x6'

13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
Temps are around 80 deg F with the light on and down to around 62 deg F with it off.

Humidity stays around 50-55%

14. What is the pH of the soil?

15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
none

16. How much experience do you have growing?
I have very little experience with indoor grows, but I grow every year outdoor.

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
    #493875 - 10/31/10 02:58 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I have seen similar things with my ladies.  I also let my plants get a bit too dry in between watering from time to time.  When this happens, I often notice the bottom fan leaves have changed colors in the tips and edges(not many unless they were badly in need of water and severely wilted).  When they get water and come back, the affected areas on the leaves turn grayish brown and die.

My thoughts anyways

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

InvisibleCid_Lives
Shhhhh
Male

Re: Some leaves mid canopy turning straight bown and crisping. [Re: muse42]
    #494039 - 11/01/10 11:23 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the input. They both turned out to be male anyway.:bored:

Time to pop more seeds. This time I'm going to pop at least 15 seeds to ensure that I get at least a few females.

:megacrankey:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck