Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
The Iraq War Logs
    #490687 - 10/23/10 09:00 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

Re: The Iraq War Logs [Re: DungenessDank]
    #490688 - 10/23/10 09:04 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

If you zoom on satellite, you can still see the blood.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Re: The Iraq War Logs [Re: King Koopa]
    #490689 - 10/23/10 09:08 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

That is fucking crazy. You can zoom in and see the exact location the shit happened. :stoned:

I wouldn't want to live in any of these neighborhoods. One month an explosion kills 6 people, then the next someone is murdered next door.

Edited by DungenessDank (10/23/10 09:10 AM)

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#490690 - 10/23/10 09:10 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

As an American (who now lives in Canada) I'm amazed at how Europeans don't seem to understand America. Even if they showed this data in every classroom, it wouldn't make a difference. I can't say I know all about Europe, even though I lived there for 9 years. Europeans know almost nothing about the USA. Truth to Power? Total BS. You could headline this stuff on the Today Show every morning for a week and nothing will happen.

There is a crazy and disturbing duality of the american character and psyche. Americans are some of the greatest, most wonderful, most generous people on earth. They are also some of the most savage. Cynical forces have taken advantage of this later condition. Even in the age of Obama.

Americans are disconnected from War, the warriors, and real suffering. This doesn't mean we don't have violence, we have plenty of that. Most Americans don't know veterans of our recent adventures, most aren't interested in any real sense. The rest of the world (you people) only represent distant threats. When the war DOES come here again, and it will, it will only make these base impulse worse, not better.

Like I told folks before, Obama is essentially boxed in by America. He may be president but he can't make decisions because of the way our empire is structured. Believe me, it would be worse if the other side was in charge. Remember GW and Rumsfeld (where's "new europe" now Rummy?).

I don't think this release of information will mean much. I think that's what you people don't get. In any healthy functioning society, there'd be mobs in the streets and political upheaval. You're not going to see that anytime soon. The mechanisms that make democracies work- don't work here anymore. No "shit" will be hitting any fans. Sadly, mark my words.
Why do you think I moved to Canada? Simply for the poutine? Though it is delicious! (merci Quebec!)

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#490692 - 10/23/10 09:14 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

It's that kind of shit that makes me self-conscious about being an American.

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#490693 - 10/23/10 09:18 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Seriously. I like reading peoples views from the outside in. It really puts a perspective on how much of a loser i am.:lol:

But yeah, once this hangover subsides, i'll read it again to get a clearer picture. Maybe have an epiphany or two.

:facepalm:

--------------------

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#490698 - 10/23/10 09:24 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not against that snippet, exactly.. But I've said it before and I'll say it again, America is not a freakin' Democracy! and it never was.. Even though current governement would have you believe otherwise.

That is why American's are morons, they don't even understand our own political system.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Re: The Iraq War Logs [Re: DieselB]
    #490701 - 10/23/10 09:32 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

It's a pathetic excuse for a democracy.

Our media and career politicians have the American public taking the bait hook-line-and-sinker while they fill their pockets, exploiting us in OUR name.

As they can no longer over-exploit developing nations (china, india, etc), and soon will no longer be able to exploit immigrant labor from mexico, they turn on their own people to foot the bill for the upperclass to continue living their life style and to prop up the stock market.

Edited by DungenessDank (10/23/10 09:35 AM)

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#490703 - 10/23/10 09:35 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Absolutely, and they're are gonna bring us to our knees before anyone figures it out. After that it'll be too late, there will be hell in the streets. And then they'll ask "who's gonna help us? who's gonna build us back up?" Who you ask? The same motherfuckers that are getting rich off all our money right now. Then they get to build it back the way they see fit.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: The Iraq War Logs [Re: DieselB]
    #490716 - 10/23/10 09:48 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

The average american forgot a long time ago that we are part of an experiment.  Yet, we are at the pinnacle of human evolution.  People no longer think about societal ideals.  They are perfectly contempt in a world where they've lost soo many rights.  But they are actually brainwashed into demanding that those rights be taken away from us!  I do not like where we've been heading.  I don't hate Americans but I do hate their complacency of our government.  but i dont really have the internet so i cant check out that map.  :mad2:

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order