Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineLucid
Monster Plant Creator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada-ish. Flag
High Times Writer Nabbed in Pot Bust
    #488516 - 10/16/10 04:39 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local-beat/High-Times-Writer-Nabbed-in-Pot-Bust--105097879.html

So much for the high life.

Cops busted a writer for marijuana magazine High Times along with 45 other people, including a man behind a major hip-hop label, for allegedly operating a multi-million dollar pot ring.

Police arrested magazine writer Matthew Woodstock Stang and Kareem Burke, who founded Roc-a-Fella records along with Jay-Z and Damon Dash, in the federal takedown.

Prosecutors say the marijuana was grown hydroponically in Florida and smuggled to New York for sale. Stang was allegedly the guy who supplied the marijuana to the man who ran the pot ring, identified as Geovanny "Manny" Rodriguez Perez.

"In the case of the High Times employee, it's a case of art imitating real life," Jim Hayes, a special agent who heads Homeland Security Investigations for Immigration and Customs Enforcement, told the New York Post.

Federal agents say they seized $2 million and more than 360 pounds of marijuana in the bust. Hayes said authorities would centralize their efforts on ensuring competing pot networks don't use the same methods to ship marijuana across state lines.

Stang was released on $500,000 bail and ordered to wear a monitoring bracelet. High Times didn't return the Post's requests for comment. Burke was remanded after his arraignment.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: High Times Writer Nabbed in Pot Bust [Re: Lucid]
    #489108 - 10/18/10 12:47 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I knew all of them were in a little ring...obviously we all are to some degree but I had a feeling those assholes were on another level with it. Will be interesting to see how much he really was involved

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: High Times Writer Nabbed in Pot Bust [Re: mhbound]
    #489154 - 10/18/10 10:42 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Well wasnt that inevitable.:lol:

I hope this doesnt ruin the magazine at least.

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: High Times Writer Nabbed in Pot Bust [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #489297 - 10/18/10 10:23 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

its mainly just ads and articles about stuff that's already common knowledge all over the forums IMO

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

InvisibleMR.HEADY
PorchMonkey
 User Gallery

Loc: Toothless acres . West Vi...
    #489301 - 10/18/10 10:27 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
Well wasnt that inevitable.:lol:

I hope this doesnt ruin the magazine at least.

hasnt the mag already been ruined?

--------------------
[quote]FarBeyondDriven said:
Anybody ever tell you you're the result of a broken prophylactic in the back seat of a 74 Mercury?[/quote]

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: High Times Writer Nabbed in Pot Bust [Re: MR.HEADY]
    #489312 - 10/18/10 10:53 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

yeah but by advertising it helps bring more attention to Cannabis in our country, that's kind of a good thing right now imo.:lol:
and I have read some good articles and news from some of em...
Issue number 420 is coming up I think, I wonder if it'll be good.

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Offlinemickdawg
    #489903 - 10/20/10 07:07 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

really only 420 magazine issues have gone out so far? i thought that magazine was far older.. crazy

actually i guess 1 per month equals a lot of years when divided and such(im too lazy to do the math hehe)

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: High Times Writer Nabbed in Pot Bust [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #490158 - 10/21/10 07:07 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

NobodyImportant said:
its mainly just ads and articles about stuff that's already common knowledge all over the forums IMO

i like their pictures.  :lol:  Anymore all the information that goes into the mags is FROM the internet.  just like you said.  I think that if you do some interesting experiments and really document the shit out of them online (with great pics) you can get noticed and asked to contribute to the magazines.  I've seen it happen many times actually.  it's a great fucking thing!

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder