Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGANJA_FAHMA
WANTED: Lowrider Beans!!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Ocean
Approaching Harvest: NEED EXPERT OPINIONS
    #487488 - 10/13/10 07:19 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Hey Guys,
The pix below are of a clone that I vegged then gave it to my friend to flower outside. I was told when I got the little clone that it was a Northern Lights x.

I think its on Day 56 of flowering, give or take a couple days. I was a bit stumbled on the lack of resin or trichomes the buds had on it. Now below I will list all factors that may be reasons of why this is the case. But I want some expert opinions on the matter. After reading the stat sheet below, I want to know if you think this plant has a final bloom stage where more resin will develope or is it too late for that to occur? And, Based on the info I've stated and the pix, How much days do u think until harvest? Thanks in advance for the insight.

Growing factors & conditions:

Sunrise:      Sunset:  So Roughly 12/12
6:17 AM      6:01 PM 

Current Humidity:    DAY:65% NIGHT: 85%

Typical day at the plants location is direct sunlight til early afternoon. At that point it gets partly cloudy and by late afternoon its mostly cloudy with a chance of rain.

It is potted in a homemade soil consisting of 4 types of peat moss, black cinder, coco chucks & perlite. Drains very well yet retains moisture.

During its veg cycle it was fed Botanicare Pure Blend Pro GROW, AquaSheild, & Cal-Mag. Along with SuperThrive.

In The beginning stages of flowering, Pure Blend Pro BLOOM "soil" was used along with superthrive. Later as buds began to develope larger, Botanicare HYDROPLEX was added to the feeding schedule. About 2 weeks ago he started to cut back on the Pro Bloom and SuperThrive and at that point was primarily using HYDROPLEX & Mollases until I pick up a bottle of SWEET "raw" which replaced the molasses. We really would like to see more trichomes form but we're kind of up agaist the wall at this point. Should he have continued feeding with the Pro BLOOM? Is it a genetic problem perhaps? Or maybe the lack of direct sunlight its been getting? Does the rain limit resin production? WHaT do you guys think??

Whatever the causes might have been, Do ya think she still has a chance to produce? If so, does he continue to feed or is it time to flush? Sorry for all the questions, but i appreciate the help.

I know you will probably want to see a close up of the Trichomes but this is all I got for now. I did see them myself(on all sections of the plant) in a microscope and I observed  about 30% clear-50% milky White-20% slightly amber. Hope that helps!

~PHOTOS WERE TAKEN 2 DAYS AGO~

--------------------
Da Tree Amiga's!!!

Mango-Hawaiian Punch -Northern Lights X

and a few other suprises!  COMING SOON....

:advisory:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
Re: Approaching Harvest: NEED EXPERT OPINIONS [Re: GANJA_FAHMA]
    #487489 - 10/13/10 07:29 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

First things first, that's a beautiful plant and shame on you for hiding it from us for so long!

Rain doesn't effect the production of trichromes at all, it may however wash some away. I've never used molasses nor do I consider myself an expert, but buds do tend to really bulk up and produce alot more trichromes in their final 2weeks.

Looking at the photos I'm seeing alot of white pistils so she still has a while to go, I wouldn't stress too much, she'll get real fat real quick when she's ready:smile:

--------------------

OfflineGANJA_FAHMA
 User Gallery

Re: Approaching Harvest: NEED EXPERT OPINIONS [Re: T-Rex]
    #487517 - 10/13/10 09:16 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

T-Rex said:
First things first, that's a beautiful plant and shame on you for hiding it from us for so long!

Rain doesn't effect the production of trichomes at all, it may however wash some away.

Sorry for not sharing sooner! :smile: I have my whole mango grow and Hawaiian Punch grow in pix that i still need to share with you guys. Forgive me for my procrastinations.

And yes, the trichomes being possibly washed away was my concern regarding the rain. We'll try to set her under the roof-line when it rain from now on.
I'm really hoping its simply because she hasn't fully ripened yet. That's for your input T.

--------------------
Da Tree Amiga's!!!

OfflineTropicalwig
Stranger
    #487578 - 10/13/10 12:35 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Granted I am not an expert, but damn that plant looks familiar! Did you ever find what that is crossed with? NL and?

OfflineGANJA_FAHMA
 User Gallery

#487632 - 10/13/10 03:27 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Unfortunately I still don't know. But i do know what strains he had at the time. So be my guest and guess which of the following you think it could be:

MANGO
HAWAIIAN PUNCH
WHITE WIDOW
BLACK WIDOW
SUPER SILVER HAZE (my guess)

--------------------
Da Tree Amiga's!!!

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#489654 - 10/20/10 01:34 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, you have one beautiful plant there, be prepared for a heavy harvest outa that girl.

Looking at it you can tell its definitely got a pretty high amount of sativa in it. That being said, and as Rex stated about the white pistils, she has a good two weeks left in her.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder