Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Has anyone ever quit weed for a month? [Re: volcomstoner]
    #485297 - 10/05/10 05:20 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Just ended a 6 month break. Partly for a job and also just to see if I could accomplish it.  In the 12 yrs I've been smoking 6 months is my longest break. I didn't notice much of a change...just some extra energy. 

I think there's a much more drastic change going from sobriety to blazin again. Since I started smoking again I noticed that I allow myself to sit back and think/reflect much more. I had never realized I wasn't doing it before. I had completely forgotten how mj slows life down just enough to allow you to relax and take everything in. (At least IME)

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletsollost
Master of Mopery

Re: Has anyone ever quit weed for a month? [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #485305 - 10/05/10 05:59 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I can't eat for shit when I don't smoke. I haven't even taken a day off in years probably. Lately I have been cutting back though and notice a difference even in that. I don't wake and bake anymore so I'm much more clear headed and energetic. I'm not going to class in a haze anymore so I can pay attention and not be tired three hours after I wake up. I had been lying to myself thinking I was as productive when high and I'm not. I'm not a total slacker but my workload is increasing and it's a lot easier to relax or even say fuck it when you've been smoking all day long. Now I try to make it all day and get my shit done for school and whatnot before I smoke. I've been doing pretty good since I started. Cutting out the wake and bake is what killed me, especially when I'm hungover. I don't really have a problem sleeping I think because I'm pretty physically active even when high so I can pass out when I want. If anything I'll fight to stay awake and smoke so in a way it keeps me up. It's all good though, cutting back is pretty nice. Not spending as much money on weed. I have been hitting the bars pretty tough but I don't think it's a replacement because I was doing that before I started to cut back. It's nice when I finally do smoke though, I get baked and munch out like it's one of my first times smoking heads. My personality changed over the years too. I'm way more outgoing when sober now. Not the shy type before but now I'm boisterous and don't give a fuck

/ramble
:bongload:

--------------------
GUNGA GALUNGA

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: Has anyone ever quit weed for a month? [Re: tsollost]
    #485309 - 10/05/10 06:09 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

ive quit for a month involuntarially a couple of times. only really when the city is dry.

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

InvisibleShr0000ooooms
Cannabis Sampler

Loc: Hindu Kush Mountains
Re: Has anyone ever quit weed for a month? [Re: Shaggy420]
    #485346 - 10/05/10 07:59 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i quit for 3 months a while ago and it was awesome. more energetic, clear headed, didn't procrastinate, could still eat.

only downside was that it was hard to go to sleep for the first week.

at least try a week if you wanna quit and then go from there.

--------------------
If I'm posting I'm high.

Offlinehippielauren
Quiet Mouse
Female

Loc: down south Flag
Re: Has anyone ever quit weed for a month? [Re: Shr0000ooooms]
    #485388 - 10/05/10 09:09 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i have quit smoking for 4 months in order to get a job lol t wasnt so bad...i could do it again.

--------------------

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: Has anyone ever quit weed for a month? [Re: Shr0000ooooms]
    #485477 - 10/06/10 06:37 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Shr0000ooooms said:
i quit for 3 months a while ago and it was awesome. more energetic, clear headed, didn't procrastinate, could still eat.

only downside was that it was hard to go to sleep for the first week.

at least try a week if you wanna quit and then go from there.

i personally cant think of any reason to quit, the many pros easilly out-weigh the minor cons.

before i smoked weed i used to lay in bed for hours trying to sleep, and my schol work really suffered from it, sometimes i only got 2 or 3 hours sleep. now just a couple of hits and im asleep in 10 minutes:vaped:

i think if i would of started smoking when i was 14 or 15 i probably would of achieved beter grades at school, everyone works better after a full nights sleep:shrug: i actually used to catch up on sleep in my maths and IT class.

--------------------

Invisibledrawde
Re: Has anyone ever quit weed for a month? [Re: Shaggy420]
    #485483 - 10/06/10 07:17 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Man, if I smoke I cant sleep worth a shit. If I am going to I have to pretty much count on being up to 1-2 am and that sucks if you have to work in the morning.

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: Has anyone ever quit weed for a month? [Re: drawde]
    #485503 - 10/06/10 09:34 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

indica dom strains FTW:happyweed:

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: Has anyone ever quit weed for a month? [Re: Skatealex2]
    #485504 - 10/06/10 09:37 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Skatealex2 said:
What's that like?  Do you think your way of thinking changes from a month with no weed?

I  cant really imagine what that would be like. I feel like if I quit for a period of time it might give me more energy and maybe change the way I approach things but I also think it could be a letdown..... I'm tempted to try it though

:volcano:

never quit weed since i started when i was 13.  i can barely make it a day without weed.  and then im scraping the bowl like a crackhead.  weed keeps me out of a clocktower with a rifle to be honest. :twitchy:

--------------------

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

Re: Has anyone ever quit weed for a month? [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #485514 - 10/06/10 10:24 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:
Quote:

Skatealex2 said:
What's that like?  Do you think your way of thinking changes from a month with no weed?

I  cant really imagine what that would be like. I feel like if I quit for a period of time it might give me more energy and maybe change the way I approach things but I also think it could be a letdown..... I'm tempted to try it though

:volcano:

never quit weed since i started when i was 13.  i can barely make it a day without weed.  and then im scraping the bowl like a crackhead.  weed keeps me out of a clocktower with a rifle to be honest. :twitchy:

That sucks.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

OfflineSkatealex2
Stranger

Re: Has anyone ever quit weed for a month? [Re: drawde]
    #485543 - 10/06/10 01:23 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

drawde said:
Man, if I smoke I cant sleep worth a shit. If I am going to I have to pretty much count on being up to 1-2 am and that sucks if you have to work in the morning.

Yea it's funny but as lazy as weed can make me I always end up going to sleep at like 4am when I'm toking at night. Weed def can make me think more than it doesn't if that makes sense :volcano:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order