Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
to pull or not?
    #483600 - 09/29/10 09:15 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I've got one plant left to harvest and she's two weeks behind or more maybe.  It's mandala's speedqueen. Gorgeous plant.  Healthy,huge and beautiful. We just had our harvest moon and I was expecting a frost.  To my surprise there wasn't one. Now last week was when she had just begun to frost up with tricomes, but I checked today (9days later) and flowering has rapidly increased. I'm guessing 2 more weeks and she'll be golden. (Big guess though...I'm still a rookie)  I took some pics but have no computer to upload from for the time being so I apologize.

Many people round my parts claim to let one or two frosts hit their girls before choppin, trouble is most of the people that openly talk about cultivating in my area are full of shit and prob don't even grow tbh. Any veterans have some insight on this? I would really appreciate it. Most of my plants didn't make it this yr so I'm banking on this girl. If I harvest her i'd be breaking the half pound mark. I've got just over a 1/4 lb dried and on day 3 curing in jars!  Eventually I'll get pics up.

Where you at Magash?!?!

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNizzyJones
Fight Evil with Funk
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhat North of Normal
Re: to pull or not? [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #483650 - 09/30/10 07:48 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

There are a lot of of old fucks who don't know what they're doing but they're right that a couple light frosts shouldn't hurt her much. So I'd let her go, especially with this warm fall we've had so far. Nothing wrong with taking some early buds if your strain tolerates it but if you think it can ripen more let it.

Edited by NizzyJones (09/30/10 03:09 PM)

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Re: to pull or not? [Re: NizzyJones]
    #483731 - 09/30/10 01:19 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah.  I'm just gonna watch the weather closely. I smoked some of this strain today and I'm not too impressed by it. It was more of a high than a stone. Not too bad I guess,  I'm hoping this plant will be much better.  We've got a full moon towards the end of the month...I'm hoping I'll have plent of time to let her fully mature. Pics to come! The chrystal I grew out tastes/smokes muuuuuuch better.

--------------------

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #484547 - 10/03/10 07:51 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Still too early, IMO. When I see my plants compared to the surrounding fall foliage. I notice that the plants are still VERY DARK GREEN. They haven't started yellowing like the surrounding vegetation. This tells me that they're definitely not ready yet.

Frost or not, they just simply don't look done to me (mine don't anyway). I'm gonna say another week and possibly even 2. The frost shouldn't kill them until the temps start dropping early in the evening and staying that way all night.

Sorry to hear about your plants not making it. Mind if I ask what happened? It was a beautiful growing season, with the exception of all the rain we're getting now. I plan on doing the 5 gal. bucket thing BIG next season. Seemed to work pretty good for the most part. :super:

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Re: to pull or not? [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #484923 - 10/04/10 07:24 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I had a plot get ripped and nearly lost the other one.  I pulled everything but that one speedqueen before the last full moon fearing there would be a frost. The Chrystal finished early anyway though. I'll def be growing that strain again this spring.  It didn't respond as well to training as mandala's speedqueen....but finished much earlier and produced a lot more.

I'm really thinking we won't see a frost until the next full moon at the end of the month....which would be more than enough time for everything to finish.  You're plants are looking nice btw. What the hell is up with those pink pistils? That's gonna be some interesting smoke for sure!

So did you ever make it down to the conference in June?

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #485213 - 10/05/10 05:05 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Let her go as long as possible.  Cannabis can handle frosts, just not a HARD FREEZE, which would burst cell walls and damage/kill the plant.

I'd say after 2 frosts you aren't going to make enough progress to justify leaving her out, that is unless you have some random warm stretch right after.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Re: to pull or not? [Re: Inverted]
    #485222 - 10/05/10 06:55 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Good to know.  I'm hoping another week will do.

I just can't wait for this season to end so I can order more beans! :awehigh:

--------------------

OfflineFrozenReality
 User Gallery

#485485 - 10/06/10 07:33 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Farmer Joe said:
I just can't wait for this season to end so I can order more beans! :awehigh:

thats what so great about pot, you can order beans year around!! :evil: why wait?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds