Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleThedirtynasty
Male User Gallery

I'm allergic to my nutes.
    #445027 - 07/11/10 07:56 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I spilled some Fox Farm big bloom, and grow big on my hand and it started swelling up with red bumps and itching, so I know im obviously allergic to something in them.

My question is could it possibly effect the plant and make me allergic to the buds im gonna grow?

I mean I dont want to grow a nice crop and then not be able to smoke it without dying, literally.

Ive had allergies all my life and I can easily tell what a allergic reaction feels/looks like.

Edited by Thedirtynasty (07/11/10 08:06 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePapaKush
Peaceful Warrior
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: I'm allergic to my nutes. [Re: Thedirtynasty]
    #453549 - 07/31/10 02:15 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I'm no scientist or doctor but I would think giving them a good extra long flush at the end might be an idea to reduce the possible effects.

Only other thing I can suggest is you go buy competitors nutes and 'spill some on your hand' so to speak to see if you have similar reactions. You could actually do your own allergy test on your arm with the nutes to see if you are equally effected.

Obviously this is not something that everyone on this forum needs to try out for themselves, but in your case, as you mentioned you've been allergic to many things your whole life, this may work out to benefit you in the end.

If you do do the allergy test on yourself, it would be really cool for you to post your method and results, as I'm now curious to see the results lol.

Good luck, don't kill yourself.

--------------------

Invisiblestarrider

Re: I'm allergic to my nutes. [Re: PapaKush]
    #458832 - 08/12/10 12:42 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

LMAO  Thats to funny. Can't make this shit.

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite."

William Blake

Anything  I write is a lie. Any picture I post is a fake. I only write for entertainment.

OfflineCannasaurus
Pollen Chucker

Loc: Colorado Flag
    #479390 - 09/19/10 12:10 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

No. You won't be allergic to the bud. The plants take in nutrients and change their molecular formations. You are allergic to the formation of the substance. If I were you, I'd find out what ingredient you're allergic to. If you use sprays, you will be allergic to that, as the residues might remain.

--------------------
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
-Albert Einstein

Edited by Cannasaurus (09/19/10 12:11 AM)

OfflineCannasaurus
Pollen Chucker

Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: I'm allergic to my nutes. [Re: PapaKush]
    #479392 - 09/19/10 12:16 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

PapaKush said:
I'm no scientist or doctor but I would think giving them a good extra long flush at the end might be an idea to reduce the possible effects.

Sound advice, but unless he is using sprays, the plant will store the nutrients in a new form.

Quote:

Only other thing I can suggest is you go buy competitors nutes and 'spill some on your hand' so to speak to see if you have similar reactions. You could actually do your own allergy test on your arm with the nutes to see if you are equally effected.

Bad advice. If he is that allergic, he could go systemic, following directly into anaphylaxis. That being the case, pouring an allergic substance onto the OP's arm could cause death. No exaggeration. Nutrient lines often have the exact same ingredients. Original poster: go to the doctor. Tell him what happened. Pinpoint the ingredient you are allergic to. Then avoid it.

Fuck..

Quote:

If you do do the allergy test on yourself, it would be really cool for you to post your method and results, as I'm now curious to see the results lol.

Good luck, don't kill yourself.

Well, it will be good to get your results, but I suggest having it done under professional supervision. Anything less might be irresponsible. Wear gloves and take some benadryl in the meantime.

Good luck.

--------------------
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
-Albert Einstein

InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

Loc: KOREA
    #479717 - 09/19/10 07:56 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Thedirtynasty said:
My question is could it possibly effect the plant and make me allergic to the buds im gonna grow?

Damn, I wonder if any of the buds you've smoked before had been grown with fox farms... Have you already been using it in your crops?

Anyways, if all else fails you could always go organic, bat guano really isn't that bad, and you probably have a good chance of not being allergic to it.

--------------------
:advisory:

“If you want to find out who your real friends are, sink the ship. The first ones to jump aren’t your friends.” — Marilyn Manson

This isn't the correct place to confront me on anything.

Forum full of dead stars, and a necro I called Coma White

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #480088 - 09/20/10 07:25 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Thedirtynasty said:
I spilled some Fox Farm big bloom, and grow big on my hand and it started swelling up with red bumps and itching, so I know im obviously allergic to something in them.

I mean I dont want to grow a nice crop and then not be able to smoke it without dying, literally.

Ive had allergies all my life and I can easily tell what a allergic reaction feels/looks like.

If you've smoked weed before, chances are you've smoked weed that used hydroponic grade/lab refined nutrients. These are extremely refined containing the elements essential to plant form in a easily available/water soluble form. Commonly the nutrients will contain..

Ammonium Nitrogen
Nitrate Nitrogen
Urea Nitrogen

P205 Phosphorus Pentoxide
K20 Potassium Oxide

EDTA a common chelate used in hydroponic nutrients, is also used in chelation therapy to remove heavy metals from the bloodstream, sometimes people have severe allergic reactions to the EDTA. If you don't flush (and even if you do) EDTA can in all likelihood be present in your dried harvested cannabis.

The bottles should say the contents, and what they're derived from which can help you narrow down what you could be allergic to. In water these nutrients dissociate into ions to be taken up by the plant and utilized by the plants metabolism. I don't think it's possible to be allergic to plants grown with hydroponic nutrients.

Unless you eat all organic produce, you've likely consumed produce grown with hydroponic nutrients, also likely covered with various pesticides.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies