Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Grieving student suspended for "red eyes"
    #475492 - 09/11/10 10:59 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

School Tells Mom Bloodshot Eyes = Drug Use
September 10, 2010 - MSNBC

A Trophy Club high school suspended a grieving 16-year-old boy for smoking marijuana because he had “bloodshot eyes” -- two days after his father died.

Kyler Robertson, a junior at Byron Nelson High School, was suspended for three days and transferred to an alternative school until January.

His father, Richard Robertson of Fort Worth, was stabbed to death near Azle on Sunday after getting into an argument with another man, police said. Kyler lives with his mother, Cristy Fritz, who has not been together with Robertson for a number of years.

On Tuesday, Kyler’s mother said her son was still grieving but longed for a sense of normalcy and wanted to be around friends.

"He insisted on going to school and said he just wanted everything to be, you know, normal," Fritz said.

She said she supported his decision.

He showed up to school a little late and went to the office because he was tardy, where he was quickly accused of smoking marijuana, she said.

An assistant principal then called her.

"I think I dropped to my knees at that moment,” Fritz said.

Byron Nelson High School is part of the Northwest School District.

Lesley Weaver, a district spokeswoman, said she could not discuss Robertson’s case because of privacy laws. In general, she said, students are not suspended without “multiple indicators” of drug use.

His mother showed NBCDFW the district’s paperwork detailing the case against him.

An office worker claimed to smell marijuana on him, the documents said. The school nurse reported his eyes were bloodshot, he appeared "jittery," and his blood pressure was elevated. The nurse also noted that his behavior and mental state were “normal.”

The district did not find any marijuana, and nobody claimed to see him smoking.

His mother said the district’s “evidence” proved nothing. Her son suffers from allergies and was still emotional from his father’s death, she said.

"I said, 'This is all you're giving me?'” Fritz said. “In the blink of an eye, my son's whole high school career was going down the tubes. And he's dealing not just with a loss but a horrific event."

She said administrators ignored her repeated pleas to reconsider the suspension and that they were mistaking his grief for drug use.

His mother described her son as an A and B student. He plays on the junior varsity golf team.

After the assistant principal called her, Fritz said she picked her son up and took him straight to his doctor, who gave him a urine test.

A lab report showed he was clean -- not just for marijuana, but for a number of drugs.

"I know my son, and I know he's not using drugs, and I told them that,” Fritz said.

When she returned to school with the proof, she said administrators agreed to shorten the suspension and withdraw the transfer but did not apologize.

"No condolences, no sympathies, no apologies for the lack of compassion, the way they mishandled him, the false allegations, nothing,” she said.

Byron Nelson Principal Linda Parker apologized to Fritz in an e-mailed letter Friday. Parker said the district has agreed to mark the two days of school Kyler missed because of his suspension as excused absences "in an effort to worth with" Fritz. The absences will not be noted as days of suspension, the principal said.

The letter also said the district has agreed to remove references to the incident from Kyler's file.

"Finally, the district sincerely apologizes for this situation and is hopeful that we can move forward together in the best interests of Kyler," Parker wrote. "The district appreciates your input and commends you for your commitment to Kyler's education."

Fritz, noting that the letter misspelled her first name, said in an e-mail that the school still has not accepted responsibility for being wrong.

"This letter is the cold hard proof that they don’t care about my son, what they have done to his character, reputation and what turmoil it has caused our family," she said in an e-mail. "They made a mistake, they mishandled the situation, they were wrong."

video here...
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/13178259#13178259

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineimpgl

Re: Grieving student suspended for "red eyes" [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #475522 - 09/11/10 11:45 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

fucking sucks. i remember when I was 15, i had only smoked weed like 3 times and eaten shrooms once (all months before). i was taken into the office because a teacher said i was on drugs. they checked my pupils, blood pressure, etc. and concluded that i was on coke and weed. called my mom in. shit sucked. I ended up smoking weed everyday after that

--------------------

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: Grieving student suspended for "red eyes" [Re: impgl]
    #475523 - 09/11/10 11:49 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

:facepalm:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineTomCollins

Re: Grieving student suspended for "red eyes" [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #475887 - 09/11/10 09:59 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I didn't even finish reading the article. It made me want to vomit.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: Grieving student suspended for "red eyes" [Re: impgl]
    #476014 - 09/12/10 02:10 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Spency said:
I didn't even finish reading the article. It made me want to vomit.

Quote:

impgl said:
fucking sucks. i remember when I was 15, i had only smoked weed like 3 times and eaten shrooms once (all months before). i was taken into the office because a teacher said i was on drugs. they checked my pupils, blood pressure, etc. and concluded that i was on coke and weed. called my mom in. shit sucked. I ended up smoking weed everyday after that

that's the shit that makes kids not even want to go to school.  that's fuckin ridiculous.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag