Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Bridgetown Botanicals Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMr. Kite
For The Benefit.
Male

So I have cable.
    #469047 - 08/28/10 04:43 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

And aparently have been paying for HD channels for a long time even though I just recently got an HD T.V. So I call up the cable company and ask if I can get some of my money back. And the guy was like "ahhh that sucks, but there isnt anything I can do." I was like :kingcrankey: What do you mean there isnt anything you can do? He said that since I had "used" the HD channels, that I have to pay for them.

I was like :wtf: I didnt even have an HD TV till a month ago. And he was like "there isnt anything I can do for you". And then he has the nerve to try to sell me fucking phone service.

I think I'll call back tomorrow....

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

Re: So I have cable. [Re: Mr. Kite]
    #469060 - 08/28/10 05:04 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I would. Or get a black woman to speak for you

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

OfflineLucid
Monster Plant Creator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada-ish. Flag
Re: So I have cable. [Re: King Koopa]
    #469089 - 08/28/10 06:09 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds like that guy had it right, they don't know if you had an HDTV or not. You entered a contract with those channels included. that is your fault not theirs, thats how they will look at it. Maybe you can cry a little bit to a supervisor who will give you a credit to your bill or something.

I tried to re-open an account with GameFly after they sent me to collections, and they canceled my shit the next day. so I used this online chat support service and bitched at them and they told me there was nothing they could do. So I asked for a supervisor, they asked if I could hang on a minute while one called me. While I was waiting for the call, I typed "Get to the choppah, do it now!" to the chat support box. Well like 10 minutes later this chick calls me and is like, sorry I took so long to call I couldn't stop laughing at the Arnold quote. She then tells me she fixed everything and the 100$ I previously owed them was gone and she gave me a free month of service! Booya! :vaped:I dunno, read Kevin Mitnick's book The Art of Deception. :randy:

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: So I have cable. [Re: Lucid]
    #469093 - 08/28/10 06:15 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Another good book is Influence by Robert Cialdini.  great book on negotiating gambits and heuristics that you can exploit.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

InvisibleMr. Kite
For The Benefit.
Male

#469097 - 08/28/10 06:20 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Lucid said:
Sounds like that guy had it right, they don't know if you had an HDTV or not. You entered a contract with those channels included. that is your fault not theirs, thats how they will look at it. Maybe you can cry a little bit to a supervisor who will give you a credit to your bill or something.

I tried to re-open an account with GameFly after they sent me to collections, and they canceled my shit the next day. so I used this online chat support service and bitched at them and they told me there was nothing they could do. So I asked for a supervisor, they asked if I could hang on a minute while one called me. While I was waiting for the call, I typed "Get to the choppah, do it now!" to the chat support box. Well like 10 minutes later this chick calls me and is like, sorry I took so long to call I couldn't stop laughing at the Arnold quote. She then tells me she fixed everything and the 100$ I previously owed them was gone and she gave me a free month of service! Booya! :vaped:I dunno, read Kevin Mitnick's book The Art of Deception. :randy:

No, the guy had it wrong. They came to my house and charged me for HDTV even though I didnt have one. The guy even admitted to being wrong but said there was nothing he could do.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #469118 - 08/28/10 07:10 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Lucid said:

Hahahhaah fucking awesome.

Get to the choppah!!!!  Gets it done again :bowdown:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
    #469121 - 08/28/10 07:14 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds like a bunch of pissin' and moaning to me.

OfflineTripp420
WAT?
Male User Gallery

Re: So I have cable. [Re: King Koopa] * 1
    #469126 - 08/28/10 07:23 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

King Koopa said:
Or get a black woman to speak for you

This.
Tell her that her braid is all fucked up first.
Then hand her the phone.

--------------------

OfflineLucid
Monster Plant Creator
Male User Gallery

Re: So I have cable. [Re: DungenessDank]
    #469168 - 08/28/10 09:24 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
Sounds like a bunch of pissin' and moaning to me.

Invisibleheadyeddie
Cool Dude In A Loose Mood
Male

#469198 - 08/28/10 10:13 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mr. Kite said:
And aparently have been paying for HD channels for a long time even though I just recently got an HD T.V. So I call up the cable company and ask if I can get some of my money back. And the guy was like "ahhh that sucks, but there isnt anything I can do." I was like :kingcrankey: What do you mean there isnt anything you can do? He said that since I had "used" the HD channels, that I have to pay for them.

I was like :wtf: I didnt even have an HD TV till a month ago. And he was like "there isnt anything I can do for you". And then he has the nerve to try to sell me fucking phone service.

I think I'll call back tomorrow....

That sucks bro.
But you know what they say, "when in rome"

InvisibleMr. Kite
For The Benefit.
Male

Re: So I have cable. [Re: headyeddie]
    #469203 - 08/28/10 10:17 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

You quotin' Anchorman?  :chillin:

--------------------

Invisibleheadyeddie
Cool Dude In A Loose Mood
Male

#469206 - 08/28/10 10:20 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I think people were saying that before anchorman :confused:

OfflineLucid
Monster Plant Creator
Male User Gallery

Re: So I have cable. [Re: headyeddie]
    #469221 - 08/28/10 10:51 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

headyeddie said:
I think people were saying that before anchorman :confused:

:yesnod:

InvisibleMr. Kite
For The Benefit.
Male

#469222 - 08/28/10 10:54 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Yes they were but it totally doesnt make sense in the way he used it. Unless I'm mistaken.

--------------------

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#469224 - 08/28/10 11:01 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

No you are not mistaken.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

InvisibleMr. Kite
For The Benefit.
Male

Re: So I have cable. [Re: King Koopa]
    #469252 - 08/28/10 11:32 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

King Koopa said:
No you are not mistaken.

Well thank jesus.

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#469256 - 08/28/10 11:35 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineTripp420
WAT?
Male User Gallery

Re: So I have cable. [Re: THEBats]
    #469279 - 08/29/10 01:01 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mr. Kite said:
Quote:

King Koopa said:
No you are not mistaken.

Well thank jesus.

:loudnoises:

Quote:

THEBats said:

Buddy Christ.

--------------------

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #469286 - 08/29/10 02:47 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Customer service these days sucks ass

I am getting ready to cancel my cable service. I steal internet from my neighbors anyways. Fuck 110$ a month.

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: So I have cable. [Re: Picklez]
    #469323 - 08/29/10 07:57 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

i think im getting ready to cancel cable because theirs never anything fucking good on, ill get my shows from torrents, or go to a friends house

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Bridgetown Botanicals Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals