Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
How does Cannabis help you medically?
    #468841 - 08/28/10 07:40 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Sure we all love getting ripped out of our brains, but I'm willing to bet more than a few of you have actual ailments that marijuana helps you with on a day to day level.

So what's yours?

I suffer from some pretty bad IBS, not so much the shitting through a pinhole but I have a horrible appetite and in the mornings I can't seem to get any food down before about 10 (assuming I woke up at 7) without throwing it back up.

I saw the doctor and she said that my stomach lining had also been eating at itself for the better part of a year, so I got some actual meds to fix that up. I personally don't really like taking any form of pills. Medical or otherwise, so I would usually suffer silently, and pretty much deal with it.

I was a mad stoner before I suffered from IBS but after countless mornings in class wishing I was on the toilet or dead I decided to rip like 3 bongs before going to school, against my better judgments (last year almost got expelled due to lack of attendance/work) but I have picked my game up at school 100 fold so I said fuck it, they know I'm a stoner and if they call me out on it I'll explain why I did it.

I go to a pretty alternative school so it's pretty normal for there to be 3-4 kids in each class baked, but as long as they're not disruptive teachers don't really mind.

but anyway, after I smoked I was able to put down a banana and some tea, and ever since then its been a cake walk. My IBS has actually decreased over time during my use of Cannabis and I don't have to smoke every morning anymore which I like because I would rather not be baked at school.

And my quality of life has gone up x1000 because I can now enjoy a cig and coffee every morning without paying for it through my asshole.

I'm curious to see how the wonderful plant that brought us all together help you in ways other things simply can't.

:ganja:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
Re: How does Cannabis help you medically? [Re: T-Rex]
    #468844 - 08/28/10 07:43 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I suffer from IBD and IBS as well as micgraine, OCD, and anxiety.

--------------------

InvisibleMR.HEADY
PorchMonkey
 User Gallery

Loc: Toothless acres . West Vi...
    #468860 - 08/28/10 09:42 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

T-Rex said:
Sure we all love getting ripped out of our brains, but I'm willing to bet more than a few of you have actual ailments that marijuana helps you with on a day to day level.

So what's yours?

I suffer from some pretty bad IBS, not so much the shitting through a pinhole but I have a horrible appetite and in the mornings I can't seem to get any food down before about 10 (assuming I woke up at 7) without throwing it back up.

I saw the doctor and she said that my stomach lining had also been eating at itself for the better part of a year, so I got some actual meds to fix that up. I personally don't really like taking any form of pills. Medical or otherwise, so I would usually suffer silently, and pretty much deal with it.

I was a mad stoner before I suffered from IBS but after countless mornings in class wishing I was on the toilet or dead I decided to rip like 3 bongs before going to school, against my better judgments (last year almost got expelled due to lack of attendance/work) but I have picked my game up at school 100 fold so I said fuck it, they know I'm a stoner and if they call me out on it I'll explain why I did it.

I go to a pretty alternative school so it's pretty normal for there to be 3-4 kids in each class baked, but as long as they're not disruptive teachers don't really mind.

but anyway, after I smoked I was able to put down a banana and some tea, and ever since then its been a cake walk. My IBS has actually decreased over time during my use of Cannabis and I don't have to smoke every morning anymore which I like because I would rather not be baked at school.

And my quality of life has gone up x1000 because I can now enjoy a cig and coffee every morning without paying for it through my asshole.

I'm curious to see how the wonderful plant that brought us all together help you in ways other things simply can't.

:ganja:

Holy shit bro me and you seem to share stomaches my stomach is fucked up all the time .. Also i use mj for pain relief i have had several back surgeries etc im on disability and i refuse to take opiate medications.What kinda med are you on for your stomach?

--------------------
[quote]FarBeyondDriven said:
Anybody ever tell you you're the result of a broken prophylactic in the back seat of a 74 Mercury?[/quote]

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
Re: How does Cannabis help you medically? [Re: MR.HEADY]
    #468862 - 08/28/10 09:47 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Can't remember, I was on them for 2months and the prescription ran out about a month and a half ago. It was only once daily and didn't need to be with food or anything so it wasn't the worst med I have ever taken I guess.

And that sucks about your back, and to think today I was complaining to my girlfriend that her mattress is too soft and it makes my back sore:lol: Hope you've seen the end of your back troubles though, a spinal op must not be the best thing to recover from.

--------------------

OfflineShaggy420
Male

#468875 - 08/28/10 10:13 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

theres countless minor ailiments that cannabis helps me with. but the main  ones would be for insomnia, loss of appetite and it helps with the night time anxiety i sometimes get. suppose stress relief is also a medical benefit.:happyweed:

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #468877 - 08/28/10 10:32 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

T-Rex, I feel you bro. Like I breafily mentioned I have not only IBS but also IBD. IBS = Irritable Bowel Syndrome and IBD = Inflammatory Bowel Syndrome.
Cannabis has been shown not only to reduce naseua, but also heal the dead skin cells that cause us so much problems.
I have dihareaa more days than not, go to the bathroom way more than normal people, and I also have blood when I go to the bathroom many times- if not from going so much then it is actually from my stomach.

--------------------

InvisibleMR.HEADY
PorchMonkey
 User Gallery

Loc: Toothless acres . West Vi...
Re: How does Cannabis help you medically? [Re: FRACTALife]
    #468882 - 08/28/10 11:23 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

FRACTAL ife said:
T-Rex, I feel you bro. Like I briefly mentioned I have not only IBIS but also IBID. IBIS = Irritable Bowel Syndrome and IBID = Inflammatory Bowel Syndrome.
Cannabis has been shown not only to reduce nausea, but also heal the dead skin cells that cause us so much problems.
I have dharma more days than not, go to the bathroom way more than normal people, and I also have blood when I go to the bathroom many times- if not from going so much then it is actually from my stomach.

I have same symptoms my dr ran a lot of test no colonoscopy yet tho and they cant find anything wrong . I have sudden urges to go also and like you i rarely ever have a solid stool . It really sucks bro and i know how it affects the quality of life combine that with 3 back surgeries in the last 4 yrs! Last aug was my last i had a l4 l5 fusion with cadaver bone and titanium hardware they removed the disk etc etc now i have 1 where before there was 2 . but the stomach problems sometimes top my back pain even

--------------------
[quote]FarBeyondDriven said:
Anybody ever tell you you're the result of a broken prophylactic in the back seat of a 74 Mercury?[/quote]

Edited by MR.HEADY (08/28/10 11:24 AM)

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How does Cannabis help you medically? [Re: MR.HEADY]
    #468884 - 08/28/10 11:28 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I had a colonoscopy and an endoscopy. The endoscopy really should be the one that goes up your ass! :lol:

Anyway... I was nervous. They injected me with two things... I am not sure if I had any gas. But when the injection went in they told me to count backward from 10 and it was shocking to me how fast I was out. The injection felt very hot/cold feeling. :feelsweirdman:

My throat hurt when I ate and it would come back at random times for a while.

--------------------

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #468896 - 08/28/10 12:09 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

For me it helps anxiety, sleeplessness, eating, and boredom.:wink:

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How does Cannabis help you medically? [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #468897 - 08/28/10 12:14 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:

http://www.clevver.com/movies/video/194674/asssscat-video-clip-medicinal-marijuana.html

--------------------

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How does Cannabis help you medically? [Re: FRACTALife]
    #468903 - 08/28/10 12:18 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

lol
and I forgot, vaping helps the asthma sometimes but thats not 100% of the time.

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

#468905 - 08/28/10 12:25 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

i get thses muscle twitches, and restless leg sydrome, than causes me to not sleep. so marjiana really helps me sleep.

--------------------

OfflineTripp420
WAT?
Male User Gallery

Re: How does Cannabis help you medically? [Re: iStoner] * 1
    #468908 - 08/28/10 12:31 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Wake and bake always helps with hangovers.

I needed it this morning.

--------------------

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
    #468938 - 08/28/10 01:20 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: How does Cannabis help you medically? [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #468939 - 08/28/10 01:21 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

If i wake n bake, it helps with my eating. since i can not eat in the morning without throwing up.

--------------------

OfflineTripp420
WAT?
Male User Gallery

Re: How does Cannabis help you medically? [Re: iStoner] * 1
    #468944 - 08/28/10 01:23 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Pregnant?

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: How does Cannabis help you medically? [Re: iStoner]
    #468946 - 08/28/10 01:24 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

i use cannabis purely for recreational purposes.  More than 99% of the time that is.  Sometimes when i get a headache I will take a few hits and that will usually help.  Otherwise I don't consciously use it to help with any other problems.  I just like the way it makes me feel.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How does Cannabis help you medically? [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #468947 - 08/28/10 01:25 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds like you could use some toilet paper!
Quote:

ebay Shop for: Toilet Paper

:themoreyouknow:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: How does Cannabis help you medically? [Re: Tripp420]
    #468950 - 08/28/10 01:27 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Tripp420 said:
Pregnant?

:lol:

--------------------

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: How does Cannabis help you medically? [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #468952 - 08/28/10 01:30 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
i use cannabis purely for recreational purposes.  More than 99% of the time that is.  Sometimes when i get a headache I will take a few hits and that will usually help.  Otherwise I don't consciously use it to help with any other problems.  I just like the way it makes me feel.

I'd say that I mostly do it just to get high too, but wake and bakes keep me from being to nervous to voice my thoughts in class.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale