Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleReaper
LST'er
Loc: Grow room
How do i know if a flush was successful ?
    #465298 - 08/22/10 09:09 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I made the mistake of over feeding a couple of weeks into flower so i flushed the 4 i have earlier this week. The symptoms are brown spots on the leaves, browning leaf edges and brown tips that are turning upwards, as well as some general yellowing but that's probably still the deficiency i was trying to correct in the first place.

Bud growth has been slow but never fully stunted and the necrosis in the leaves has continued after the flush.
What i'm not sure about is if that's normal and what recovery times are ?
Can i expect necrotic leaves to carry on going downhill ?

They're in 11ltr pots, canna professional compost, i flushed with 3 times that amount of water. Now they're drying out without any major signal whether they're ok and i'm not sure if they might need another flush or if they're right for a low dose of nutes ?
Should one flush be enough to leach the soil at this point ?, they've only been fed a few times to date.

Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewholesheet
Stranger
Re: How do i know if a flush was successful ? [Re: Reaper]
    #465300 - 08/22/10 09:12 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

its hard to say.. don't know how much over feed they were.. it was probley a ph thing... i would say if they havne't been feed in a week they can handle some..

InvisibleReaper
LST'er
Re: How do i know if a flush was successful ? [Re: wholesheet]
    #465312 - 08/22/10 09:39 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Ph is spot on, i'm using filtered rain water and it barely needs adjusting, not at all with nutes.

They weren't fed till after the 12/12 switch, vegged for about 25 days with intermediate re-pots.
One was showing a yellow patch in the canopy so i fed them all half strength. It greened up but started yellowing again after a couple of days, i still gave it straight water with some boost solution next watering not wanting to feed twice in a row and it actually greened up again for a couple of days before fading AGAIN so it got hit with a full dose next feed and that's when the spots started and it failed to green up again.

I was actually following someones advice to get up to full strength quickly with the terra flores nutes i'm using but i was looking on the Mandala site and they say it's only really safe at 20% recommended dosage so that must be where i've fucked up.

I'm growing AK-48 fems btw.

Edited by Reaper (08/22/10 09:48 AM)

InvisibleReaper
LST'er
Re: How do i know if a flush was successful ? [Re: Reaper]
    #465466 - 08/22/10 04:40 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Ugh,, fucking shit...

I'll try the 20% feed but they're still looking worse by the day.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder