Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

trying out a new style of guitar playing
    #449014 - 07/20/10 06:47 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

using a thumbpick.  it's challenging to say the least.  :awebig:  haven't learned the whole thing yet but it's coming along I guess.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Edited by THEBats (07/20/10 06:49 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMof
Male

Re: trying out a new style of guitar playing [Re: THEBats]
    #450573 - 07/23/10 08:38 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

damn you got better, i still have that song trip on my cell phone

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
    #450631 - 07/23/10 10:50 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

:grin:

That songs the shit.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: trying out a new style of guitar playing [Re: DungenessDank]
    #450842 - 07/24/10 02:30 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

thanks.  yeah after just a couple days it's gotten a lot cleaner.  playing with a thumbpick is really awkward at first but once you get the hang of it, and it stops hurting, you can play a lot of cool styles with it.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Invisibledrawde
    #454566 - 08/03/10 01:11 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Nice tune. What guitar was that recorded on?
What thumb pick are you using? My favorite is the Fred Kelly slick pick medium gauge, find its easier on the thumb too.

Do you have your nails growing out yet? :smile:

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: trying out a new style of guitar playing [Re: drawde]
    #454609 - 08/03/10 04:05 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah I've been finger picking for a little bit, so I got my nails grown out just a little.  The guitar was a martin om1e, through it's pickup.  I use dunlop mediums.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

Invisibledrawde
    #454634 - 08/03/10 04:52 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

After I tried the fred kelly picks I could not go back to anything else, you can get six on ebay for like 4 bucks.

If you want to see some amazing fingerstylists check for starters:
Preston Reed
Andy Mckee
Don Ross
Tommy Emanuel
Antoine Dufour
Justin King
Michael Hedges

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: trying out a new style of guitar playing [Re: drawde]
    #454638 - 08/03/10 04:57 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

familiar with most of those, tommy emmanuel is who I got this particular arrangement from, and is my idol atm.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#454648 - 08/03/10 05:55 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

here just some messing around with a thumbpick.  note, the percussion hits got distorted, I think because of the software I was using.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags