Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: Fellow Player Tips: Guitar. [Re: elcharrosays]
    #331794 - 12/15/09 01:58 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

elcharrosays said:
I'm into everything that sounds good. I'm no music snob claiming that some genres are inferior to any other. With the exception of punk. I have no interest in learning "punk" music.

I feel that timing and accuracy are key to making music sound right after you've already learned the material but it doesn't really help your muscle memory when it comes to getting a riff down. I mean I get that you can play some tablature and it sounds completely different unless you've got the rhythm down but I've noticed over the years that when a guitarist plays something not for an audience but for himself it's usually at a much faster speed because they're just playing it for themselves and more focused on just getting through it than getting the timing perfect.

any particular songs that you especially enjoyed playing when you were learning? I've been at it for about 3 months now and I've mainly just been learning blues scales and Zelda music plus a few of my favorite tunes from famous artists. I've barely studied any music theory for guitar but have a cursory understanding of it after years of piano lessons and I've only learned like 5 chords because so far it's been much more enjoyable to actually move around and play with the fretboard.

Well I think muscle memory is inclusive in accuracy.  The reason I stress those two is because one can develop bad habits that become hard to break later on.  If you play everything accurately, and in proper timing then everything else will fall into place.

As far as songs well for me I like to learn songs that are interesting on their own, since I'm not much of a singer and don't have the opportunity too often to play with others.  But it's all up to you man.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Edited by THEBats (12/15/09 01:59 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: Fellow Player Tips: Guitar. [Re: THEBats]
    #331880 - 12/15/09 05:18 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

just play whatever makes you feel good and makes you better. ftw :jamming:

--------------------

OfflineAudz

Re: Fellow Player Tips: Guitar. [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #332748 - 12/17/09 11:25 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

With regards to accuracy, I've found that playing with your eyes closed is a great way to learn to navigate the fretboard by feel and by ear instead of visually. Along that note, the more automatic you can make your guitar playing itself, the more you can focus on where you want to go with what you're playing.

Also, guitarpro tabs are so very useful as they give you some lovely midi accompaniment to play along with as well as giving a more intuitive way to follow the rhythm (the major problem with tabs).

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: Fellow Player Tips: Guitar. [Re: Audz]
    #332861 - 12/17/09 03:14 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Audz said:
With regards to accuracy, I've found that playing with your eyes closed is a great way to learn to navigate the fretboard by feel and by ear instead of visually. Along that note, the more automatic you can make your guitar playing itself, the more you can focus on where you want to go with what you're playing.

Also, guitarpro tabs are so very useful as they give you some lovely midi accompaniment to play along with as well as giving a more intuitive way to follow the rhythm (the major problem with tabs).

aint that the truth

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom