Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineKilroy
old stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cold as Hell Flag
Re: Chernobyl [Re: THEBats]
    #446812 - 07/15/10 07:25 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
I would love to visit.  There actually exists fungus within the old reactor which actually uses the radiation for energy.

that would be a wild study

--------------------
Just smoke a bowl and get over your self
We are human beings first everything else is second

You can not hold anything I post against me for I am delusional

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: Chernobyl [Re: Kilroy]
    #446815 - 07/15/10 07:37 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

#446847 - 07/15/10 09:18 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

sick as ffuck

--------------------

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#446859 - 07/15/10 09:56 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
http://www.scienceagogo.com/news/20070422222547data_trunc_sys.shtml

Quote:

Investigating further, the researchers measured the electron spin resonance signal after melanin was exposed to ionizing radiation and found that radiation interacts with melanin to alter its electron structure. This, they believe, is an essential step for capturing radiation and converting it into a different form of energy to make food. Until now, melanin's biological role in fungi - if any - had been a mystery. Interestingly, the melanin in fungi is no different chemically from the melanin in our skin, leading Casadevall to speculate that melanin could be providing energy to skin cells.

And radiation-munching fungi could be on the menu for future space missions. "Since ionizing radiation is prevalent in outer space, astronauts might be able to rely on fungi as an inexhaustible food source on long missions or for colonizing other planets," noted Dadachova.

:aliendance:

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]