Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineShaggy420
Male

Experienced Marijuana Consumers Exhibit Virtually No Change In Cognitive Task Performance After Smok
    #444602 - 07/10/10 04:05 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Experienced Marijuana Consumers Exhibit Virtually No Change In Cognitive Task Performance After Smoking, Study Says

ENews Park Forest

Saturday 10 Jul 2010

Experienced marijuana consumers exhibit nominal changes in cognitive performance after inhaling cannabis, according to clinical trial data published online this week in the journal Pharmacology, Biochemistry, and Behavior.

Investigators at Columbia University in New York and the San Francisco Brain Research Institute assessed acute marijuana-related effects on cognitive functioning in 24 volunteers who reported consuming the drug at least 24 times per week.

Researchers determined that participants' overall performance accuracy on episodic memory and working memory tasks "was not significantly altered by marijuana."

Authors concluded: "The present findings show that smoked marijuana produced minimal effects on episodic and spatial working memory of near-daily smokers. The overall response accuracy on the word recognition and working memory tasks was unaffected by marijuana, although smoked marijuana did increase the amount of time participants needed to complete these tasks.

"This pattern of effects is consistent with results previously reported by other researchers studying the acute effects of marijuana on cognitive performance of regular users. ... The finding ... stands in contrast to previous findings in occasional smokers who showed reduced accuracy on these same tasks after marijuana. ... The observation that frequent users' response accuracy is not altered after marijuana smoking to the same extent it is for infrequent users ... suggests that near-daily marijuana smokers may have developed tolerance to some marijuana-related behavioral effects."

Source: norml.org

http://www.enewspf.com/index.php/latest-news/health-and-fitness/17452-experienced-marijuana-consumers-exhibit-virtually-no-change-in-cognitive-task-performance-after-smoking-study-says-

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

Edited by Shaggy420 (07/10/10 04:08 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKilroy
old stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cold as Hell Flag
Re: Experienced Marijuana Consumers Exhibit Virtually No Change In Cognitive Task Performance After Smok [Re: Shaggy420]
    #444612 - 07/10/10 05:20 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I worked at a place that my boss and all of the co-workers smoked, and we never had a problem with our work or performance, so I can totally go with that study. If you know what your limit is(just like most things) you can function without any problems. I have welded many a time while"quote high" and never had any complaints and they always held strong. If I have been smoking I tend to take more time to ensure that my work is right, but when not high I will hurry and then I might make a mistake here or there. cool post TrippyStoner420, thank you for it. You have a good one.

--------------------
Just smoke a bowl and get over your self
We are human beings first everything else is second

You can not hold anything I post against me for I am delusional

OfflineOjom
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Experienced Marijuana Consumers Exhibit Virtually No Change In Cognitive Task Performance After Smok [Re: Kilroy]
    #444690 - 07/10/10 10:08 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

They categorize near daily smokers as people who have smoked marijuana 24 times in a 7 day period? I smoke about that much, but I'm not a near daily smoker, I AM a daily smoker.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Re: Experienced Marijuana Consumers Exhibit Virtually No Change In Cognitive Task Performance After [Re: Ojom]
    #444707 - 07/10/10 11:07 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, that's four times a day, 6 days a week.  Someone who smokes that much day-to-day doesn't take Sundays off!

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: Experienced Marijuana Consumers Exhibit Virtually No Change In Cognitive Task Performance After [Re: Shaggy420]
    #444816 - 07/11/10 07:55 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, this is what pot-heads have been saying all along. I can perform most tasks stoned, and those I can't I would never show up high for.

OfflineKilroy
old stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cold as Hell Flag
Re: Experienced Marijuana Consumers Exhibit Virtually No Change In Cognitive Task Performance After [Re: DungenessDank]
    #444859 - 07/11/10 09:48 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
Yeah, this is what pot-heads have been saying all along. I can perform most tasks stoned, and those I can't I would never show up high for.

sing it brothers, sing it till you can not sing no more. but seriously those of us who have been at it for awhile(after I get new job I will be back to that level) knew that as long as you did not go crazy(smoke like a few bong bowls) the level is different for everyone you and I can function without a problem.

--------------------
Just smoke a bowl and get over your self
We are human beings first everything else is second

You can not hold anything I post against me for I am delusional

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale